TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Brainstorm" Thread

Hey all,

I'd thought I'd start a new "The _________ Thread". The premise is simple - are you thinking about making something in RCT or NoLimits, but aren't sure how you think you'll do it or if the idea is good or bad?

Post about it!

I'll start. I'm thinking of making a Schwarzkopf-style coaster. It won't be a direct copy, but it will be similar in that it uses a tire-propelled lift, has very strong positive Gs, and has as much track crammed into a space as possible. I'm probably going to base it off of Alpina Bahn.

Thoughts?

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coupon, I'd say you should drop Six Flags, as it would give you more creative freedom.

Bottom_Feeder, it all depends on what game you're using. If you're using RCT, I'd say go for it, but if you try to make it in NoLimits you may have a problem.

A.J., great idea with this thread.

I'm thinking about building a large PTC Racing Woodie like KI's Racer. It would be used in my Americana Park. But, I can't tell you when. What do you think?

I feel like that design of a racer is seen too often in RCT parks in general. Maybe change it up a bit, though. Do whatever you think is right.

I'm thinking of a Eurofighter with its lift hill inside a mountain. The first drop comes out of a cave, and a waterfall is flowing from just above the track. The train goes down an 80-ft vertical drop right behind the waterfall, twisting 90 degrees to the right. The train exits to the side of the waterfall and goes into a banked left hand turn along the water's edge. The pond is surrounded by tall cliffs on all sides, except for a small gap looking across the pond toward the first drop. The people waiting in line can get a view of the first drop through the gap while walking through the queue, before turning to the right into a cave that leads to the station.

Bottom_Feeder, it all depends on what game you're using. If you're using RCT, I'd say go for it, but if you try to make it in NoLimits you may have a problem.

My preference is Nolimits and that is what I planned to build it in, so I'll probably dump it in favor for something else knowing the 3d work would be massive.

Oh this thread was made for me...I can't even tell you how many ideas are swarming around in my head right now, just waiting to be let loose.

There's a dive machine that I have to finish, a hypercoaster, a B&M invert, a floorless, an X-Car, an Intamin accelerator...I just have too many ideas I guess!

However, I will ask if the name enVy interests anyone, as I'm planning that for the Intamin accelerator above.

Can't wait to see what everyone else has planned as well!

-griffonj2022

P.S. - I do happen to have another huge project in the work with another member of TPR, but that's entirely undercover...

Im in the thick of making a 'Volcano' imitation. At the moment im trying to get the intensity down with out hacking them and trying to making it look like a coaster... Im having issues with getting the inversions and the coaster trains to cooperate and look nice at the same time... An ideas on how to improve this?

Im also in the process of adding an Arrow suspended to my park reminiscent of BBW. Im leaving the last half but im redoing the beginning of the coaster.

Currently working on "Osprey" (B&M Wing Coaster) with the inverting first drop. I want it to have at least five or six inversions, and I know that I want the inline twist to have a near miss and go straight through a tree, basically like Raptor, but I'm stumped on how to create the tree and still have it look awesome. Can anyone give me suggestions or a quick example I can work off of?

I want it to be set in the woods, basically because that's the habitat of real ospreys. The diving first drop emulates their stoop for fish into the lake, pond, river, etc. Followed by a loop, immelman, zero g roll, inclined helix, and maybe a corkscrew, and the inline through the tree as the finale. I kind of want to theme the station as a log cabin, and have the queue line tell the story of passengers getting scooped up by the osprey and taking on the crazy flight that it would take its prey on.

for some reason, I can't stop thinking about B&M hypers... recently I'm always on youtube watching them, made a huge folder of all the b&m hypers I have on NoLimits and rct2... heck, even my computer screensaver is behemoth's lift & drop... I've even made a layout in rct2. I would like to put one in Wickline but I already have an Intamin hyper dominating the skyline plus it would be an overkill of B&Ms in the park. Perhaps a side project?

I'm thinking of deleting Six Flags Ontario and creating a family-owned park set in the exact same location. I recently passed by the place I was thinking of on my way to the Startford Shakespeare festival (In Stratford, ON). I've decided it's perfect; it's beautiful, forested land that's between two largish cities (Belleville and Kingston). It would have a timeline.

This new park would include a fair number of roller coasters; it has CW and La Ronde to compete with.

There'd be:

-A Schwarzkopf looper (possibly to be demolished)

-A relatively small but surprisingly powerful B&M hyper (like a smaller Nitro)

-A Vekoma (either a looper or a boomerang)

-An Arrow (if I decide to use a boomerang from Vekoma)

-A Gertslauer spinning coaster

-An ancient wooden roller coaster from the park's opening day

-A newer, larger, better wooden roller coaster (either something from the late '80s or a GCI from the late 2000s)

-Possibly an Intamin Impulse

-Kiddie coaster

There'd be a lot of foliage all over the place. It's just a tiny bit hilly, too, so I could use that to my advantage. Any suggestions? Creative names for the park owners?

So I have been thinking of coaster line-ups for SFW... Here is what I have so far:

Currently:

-Schwarzkopf flywheel shuttle

-B&M out n' back hyper

-B&M Batman clone

-Vekoma Invertigo clone

-Some kiddie coaster DJ made

What I am thinking of:

-GCI twister/ Intamin plug n' play

-PAX family coaster/Togo invert thingy

-Vekoma Loop n' screw

-Schwarzkopf portable looping coaster

Thoughts?

I keep working on no limits conceptual stuff... nothing to post quite yet, but I am planning an Inverted Intamin Blitz using impulse trains. I just feel like it would be insane getting launched straight into the air inverted, then suddenly go through a crazy twisted layout. Also inverts are not known for airtime and I would like to change that!

^That actually sounds really interesting. I'd love to build something like a Legoland, but I just don't think the resources are there. That, and I'm not sure I could really accomplish what they do in-game.

As far as my own ideas...I have like fifteen coaster designs in my saved games folder right now, all supported and somewhat themed but unfinished. I have so many layouts in my head, I just have a hard time building their surroundings!

I have a lot of unfinished designs and parks that I just never seem to get around to posting. Unfortunately my desktop just ate it for some reason, so I'm stuck with RCT 2. Right now I'm trying to build a Giga that interacts with pathways and water frequently. I'm having some issues getting the terrain to just my liking though, so I'm thinking about dropping some of the water elements. What do you all think?

I'm thinking of making a Cedar Fair park similar to Dorney and Valleyfair. I really want to have a Morgan Hyper Coaster in the park as one of the three main attractions. I also was thinking about and impulse, a SLC, a boomerang, a GCI, and maybe a floorless? There will be more though, but these would be main attractions for the park. I have a rough copy of the entry, but I don't really like it. Its either that or my Six Flags Middle America idea. That park would have a mirror Batman clone, a GCI, an impulse, a B&M Hyper, a Superman clone and much more. I have shown the entry of that park, but I don't think I am going to continue it. I don't know what to do!

I'm thinking about a children's park in RCT II... one where the rides aren't intense, the coasters can't be tall, and you have to theme up the park to make it beautiful all around...

Is it just me, or does this sound like an RCT2 Challenge?

Hmmmmm... Might be a possibility. Stay tuned to this channel on Monday...