TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

11 Inversion coaster-Jinling Happy World Lu'an, Anhui, China

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks better than the 1st pic. That sidewinder is so stretched that RCDB calls it an immelman

http://www.rcdb.com/10226.htm

Seriously, maybe they did this in an attempt to make it less sudden and head-bangy? However they only succeeded in adding hangtime before the end of the element. BTW, if I would redesign that, I'd probably make the twist out of the immelman start earlier. It looks less painful in this pic than in the first.

BTW, I rode Thunderhawk @ Michigan's Adventure back in 2008, and it was pretty good! It was likely my favorite steel coaster in the park - "steel" being because Shivering Timbers was pretty good. Maybe they redid the trains a bit after it came from Geauga Lake?

Gutterflower (you are roomie from NE, right?), you should really send those pics to the RCDB. Any land clearing for the ripoff intamin going on yet? Is there signs of other rides?

Others - has anybody ridden a ripoff SLC? (Or any other ripoff, for that matter) Is it any worse than the real thing? I won't be going there anytime soon, considering I'm pretty much confined to North America - I've never been below the equator and only been in another continent once - Europe (when I was a baby, my parents took me to Italy) - so I'm not much of a long-range traveler.

^No, they definitely did it because they're copying a current design. I doubt it has anything to do with being intentional. For example, the entrance to that barrel roll looks terribly similar to the entrance to an Arrow corkscrew - and I imagine that's because they took a Vekoma design and reworked it as their own.

How cute. First they rip off the SLC design (to this day, I still am trying to figure out why they chose that one to copy, of all the rides out there), then they "rip off" the SF Serial Thriller color scheme. Looks like a winner to me.

Well I mean...fine, I understand china making knockoffs of like designer clothes and bags and iphones and stuff...but to go to all the effort to knockoff a friggin roller coaster? Its not like its a simple piece of engineering either... I just don't understand.

I would guess these knockoff amusement ride companies sprung up out of necessity, since I imagine it wasn't always easy for an outside company to do business in China. Now they seem to have another niche market: building "big" rides on the cheap for Chinese parks.

^At least you can say they are knocking off a good company! We have seen terrible knockoff Arrows and Vekomas. If I had to pick one company for them to knock off, I'd pick Intamin! Still, the Chinese will probably find a way to screw this up. Hopefully, they also rip off Intamin's smooth car and wheel-bearing designs, but, if they can make a knockoff SLC that is worse than the original, I can only imagine an 11 inversion coaster!

• 3 weeks later...
Well I mean...fine, I understand china making knockoffs of like designer clothes and bags and iphones and stuff...but to go to all the effort to knockoff a friggin roller coaster? Its not like its a simple piece of engineering either... I just don't understand.

This 100%. This reminds me of the guy that attempts to sell my mom awful fake "Gucci" and "Louis Vuitton" bags. They look like plastic bags with a brand name painted on. I am really scared to see what these rides completed look like. I wonder if they stole the track pieces off of "the back of the truck" .

Also, look at TPR's video of one of their arrow knockoffs (WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE - There is at least 2 F-bombs and 4 s**ts)

That video is also shaky as heck. I hope the camera is being held and is not mounted to the train. BTW, this coaster even has "Made In China" on the cars-

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump, but we have new news on this pair of coasters-

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&co=7980

The company has built 10 coasters including these 2, not just the 4 we were expecting. I've heard the Sun Park one is better than other knockoffs (Wth? Look at the video TPR made) and...

There are videos of the new knockoff SLC testing-

and an even more horrifying one-

For comparison, here is a similar knockoff viewed from the catwalk at Hangzhou Paradise from Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment-

POV of Hangzhou's-

Hangzhou's looks bad, considering there is a loud censor beep. But look at the Immelmann (considered a sidewinder on RCDB) on Hangzhou-

To this.

The Hangzhou's POV comments include-

It does rip offm Vekoma but does it also rip off your spine.

OK, so how bad will this new one be? And how bad, in turn, will the 11 inversion be? We'll have to wait until TPR China trip 2012...

Looks like this park has a lot of inspiration from Disney. There's gonna be a Soarin' knockoff and what looks like Spaceship Earth-based motion simulator. The park even showed 3D footage of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Large rides I've seen so far include a star flyer, a top spin, a frisbee, and a shoot the chutes. Considering the park is building knockoff coasters, I'm sure these rides will be knockoffs too. Theming looks to be on par with all the other Chinese parks springing up in recent years. The land with the ambulances and smoke coming out of the buildings looks interesting. I wonder what that area is themed to. Disasters?

Why is it that a lot of these knockoff SLCs lose speed so quickly. By the time the train reached the immelmann, the train was practically crawling through the layout.

The 11-inversion coaster looks to be more inspired by Colossus/10 Ring Coaster and than the more recent projects.