TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Fav. Beer

Wildcatjoe31

No offense to some of you guys but I'd say American beer sucks.

I've always found drinking American beer is like drinking light beer. Though when I am in the USA I tend to drink MDG.

But I still prefer Canadian beer over American stuff(and not the crap that we export like Blue).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, this thread is old, and so uncivilized.

American beers having no taste nor flavor? Spend a day out with us and we'll give you plenty of bang for your buck, microbrew style! Then you can TRY to go back home to your fizzy yellow beers, and just see what happens.

BACT Attack!

My favorite beer that I have had is the Terrapin Rye Squared by the Terrapin Brewery in Georgia. It's a double imperial IPA with 8.5% ABV.

On tap, of course. Screw bottles.

As for common stuff, Bass is usually my choice among beers that are available pretty much everywhere.

While I am not quite the expert on beer as Derek and Heath and all the others on the post your beer thread, I do enjoy a good mixutre of beer. Unfortunately, living in Omaha has its limitations. It is really tough to get different beer outside of the midwest. My favorites in this area are the Blue Moon, Leiney's wheat beer, and I just discovered Breckenridge Sumerbright beer for the first time this week. That stuff is awesome, perfect summer beer.

oh yeah! cant forget about Corona's as well. They're pretty good...but I'm sure noone know's about 211's. They dont taste all that great, but that's one of the few beers that can get u pretty messed up at such an affordible price..lol....

I don't even know if I have a favorite all-time beer, it all depends on what mood I'm in. My favorites would include:

IPAs- Port Brewing Wipeout IPA, Sierra Nevada Harvest ale, Alesmith IPA, Victory HopDevil, Bell's Two Hearted, Russian River Pliny the Elder, Stone IPA, Selins Grove IPA, Legacy Hoptimus Prime, Troegs Nugget Nectar, Dogfish Head 60minute IPA, Selins Grove Old Snafu IPA

Stouts- Alesmith Speedway Stout, Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Victory Storm King, Avery Mephistopheles, Bells Expedition Stout, Rogue Chocolate Stout, Bells Cherry Stout, Rogue Shakespeare Stout, Great Lakes Blackout Stout, Stone RIS, Founders Breakfast Stout

Others- Founders Blushing Monk, Selins Grove Solstice, Founders Rubaeus, Legacy Hedonism Red, Rodenbach Redbach, Lindemans Framboise, Selins Grove Phoenix Kriek, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Port Brewing Carlsbad Chronic, Troegs Hopback Amber, Dogfish Head Aprihop.

Now I'm thirsty.

Wow, this thread is old, and so uncivilized.

Spend a day out with us and we'll give you plenty of bang for your buck, microbrew style!

BACT Attack!

Organize a PA beer tour! A Heath and Derek road trip should be offered in addition to the coaster tours here on TPR. They look like a great educational way to spend a weekend.

As for my favorite beer, I am partial to anything Bells now. However, Young's Double Chocolate Stout puts a smile on my face!

• 1 month later...

^that's is good.

First of all, the legal drinking age is 18 in Finland. I haven't had any ales, stouts yet, I'm going through lager-beers first, so far my favourite is Heineken, followed by Carlsberg and Karhu in Finland (Lapin Kulta the only Finnish export beer I know, is almost as good imo) also Lindeman's Kriek Cherry and Apple are also really tasty, but I can't (read:don't) rate them along the other beers because of their fruityness.

Because of the lack of proper age, I can really only respond with big time beers. So I'd probably just have to go with a Heineken or Corona if I have the money and am not just drinking to get drunk (yay college). If I am doing that, then I'll poison myself with Bud Light or Miller Lite.

I'm still very young, but here are some of my favs so far:

- Thomas Hooker Liberator

- St. Bernardus Abt12 (fav. Belgian)

- Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster (fav. IPA)

- Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (this is to me what HopDevil is to Derek)

but with the case I took home this weekend I'm sure there will be more added!