TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Fav. Beer

Wildcatjoe31

As some of you may or may not of seen on the calendar I turn 21 in 2 days. So being an american I am going to the bars to celebrate being legal! Anyway I was wondering what is your favorite beer. I wanna try some new stuff when I go out for my 21st and I want to know what you think is the best.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you just want beer to get drunk, or standing at the BBQ on a hot summers day ... MGD or Corona. But for God's sake, stay away from Bud. It will turn you away from the stuff. I used to HATE beer because all I ever had was Bud or Miller Lite. Go for the good stuff!!!

I have to stress: DON'T DRINK BEER FROM A CAN . BOTTLE ONLY!!!!

If you want to 'taste' the beer, go with:

Dark Beers:

Bass Ale

Sam Adams

Newcastle

Carl Strauss

Michelob Amber Bock (the best "Corporate American" beer IMO")

Dos Equis

Pale Beers:

Heineken

Rolling Rock

Carl Strauss Pale Ale

I would suggest just trying a variety of different beers (not on the same night). It took me more than 10 years of beer drinking to find some I really like. If you drink more than one type of beer on the same night (talking GOOD beer here) it will make it taste different from normal. Now, if you are drinking say Strauss and you want to go from a Pale Ale to a Dark Ale then that's fine since they are from the same "Brew". But don't go from a Bass, to a Newcastle to a Sam Adams.

I also suggest getting the beer on "Tap" if possible. If not, make sure you pour it in a glass, not out of the bottle.

Certain places (Like the Pub at Monte Carlo in Vegas) you will need to sample different types. It's necessity. But then again, like I said, those are from the same "brew" so the ingredients and brewing style are the same, only the specific brewing is different.

The other thing I can tell you is that what you eat certainly changes the taste of beer. I usually try to have my beer before the meal, so I can enjoy it. Other times I have one before, eat then another after. Depends on what type of meal it is, and who I'm with. Alot of my friends don't drink, so lingering after a meal isn't usually something that happens alot.

Sometimes (again, like the pub) it's almost necessity to eat while drinking. But order something that isn't "Extremely" Garlicy or something. It will make the beer taste nasty no matter what it is. Which is why in Italian restaurants you don't typically see alot of beer being served. So again, Italian, drink the beer before you eat.

I have also noticed that since I have started drinking "Premium" beers I don't drink as much. A 6-pack of Newcastle or Bass will last me a month. Of course, I work nights so I'm not able to drink during the week.

Any more beer questions and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Gregg "Loves being a "Beer Snob"" C.

I still stand by my Heineken, but Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde is the best thing I've had in awhile. I am in love with that beer at the moment.

If you're on the west of the Mississippi grab some of New Belgium's beers. Fat Tire is the most popular, but their seasonal beers are great. We got some Bier de Mars last week that was great. But for now I'm still stuck on Strawberry Blonde....mmm. WHY IS THIS THREAD STARTED ON A TUESDAY?

Don't drink beer, do shots!!!

I am in total agreement, In fact I think I will take a shot of Crown Royal

Actually I just did, not so great tasting, but more tolerable, with a chaser of Diet Coke

Crown Royal+coke chaser = better than beer

^ Don't need the gas can. Just cut out the bottom of a 2-liter soda bottlle ... But make sure you cut it before you start drinking.

2 Liter bottle + piece of old hose = BEER BONG!!!!

I still stand by my Heineken, but Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde is the best thing I've had in awhile. I am in love with that beer at the moment.

I don't like fruity beers ... if you want something fruity, get a margarita!!!

I usually get it for about $35 bucks a bottle

But I get Patron Silver

Back in the day we would buy a bottle and go throught it, along with many other types of liquer in one night, we were a bit drunk

The funnest time I ever had was when we played Monopoly with shots, land on Go, take a shot, Park place, take a shot, it couid be included in trades, or used for payment

I took 6 and was destroyed(yea, I'm a lightweight, so sue me)

My roommate(who's picture is my Avatar) took 12

My soon to be wife had three, and won the game as the only person who could still count to two

it was a blast

OMG where is the love for Colorado brews?..

New Belgium doesn't have any mention?

Seriously have you really not had Sunshine Wheat or Fat Tire? (If you can't find these you really need to find a better beer store. Although I'm not sure if they are out east yet. Hmm apparently no So Cal yet either. Map with locations scroll down)

No mention of Odells? With their 90 shilling and Easy Street Wheat and all the rest.

No Boulder Beers? No Single Track or Buff Gold?

Seriously beer is best from Microbreweries and Colorado has a great variety. Microbrews are usually comparably priced and are often more unique and fun than the typical mass produced stuff.

Hmm my bad... Sorry.

Still there are a hell of a lot of great beers here that you probably haven't seen. I honestly like Fat Tire and Sunshine probably the most of all the New Belgium beers. Bier de Mars is a very interesting one with some great taste but it just isn't really my sort of thing as much as the others.

I have to stress: DON'T DRINK BEER FROM A CAN . BOTTLE ONLY!!!!

I also suggest getting the beer on "Tap" if possible. If not, make sure you pour it in a glass, not out of the bottle.

Couple quesitons:

So does drinking beer out of the can or glass affect the taste?

I just turned 21 on the 8th - still somewhat of a newbie. So far I like Dos Equis, Corona, Original Coors, and I would agree, Guinness is the best.

When I was in college I tried every different kind of beers as possible. I'm not that big of a beer drinker because it doesn't take much to knock me over, but it was still fun taste testing. My favorites would have to be Mich Lite and Amber Bock. The Capt'n and I are good friends too.

^ The only reason I didn't mention Guinness is because you kind of have to work your way up to it. I don't thin

k that a "New" beer drinker should head straight for it.

Why not I did. Love the stuff, the best place for a very good pint of Guinness is in Dublin, I go there regularly. I have not found a place that sell the same quality Guinness as Ireland yet. I have been known to drink 9 pints of the stuff in one night.

Nick “Don’t recommended though, I don’t remember much that night – New years eve 2002 ” Collins