TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Universal Evolution Plan: What Would You Change?

Universal recently announced its outline for its Hollywood property (found here: Universal Evolution Plan). They are planning seven (as yet unknown) new attractions over the coming years, and are set to replace T2:3D and Water World.

So the question is, what would you change about Universal Studios Hollywood? What would you keep/replace, and with what would you replace certain attractions with?

The first axe for me should go to the Studio Tour. I never liked the Fast and the Furious show segment, and I do not get the point at all of the swirling Mummy tunnel (and was extremely dismayed that it is beginning to fray, and you can see the outer workings of it). When the god awful, 'Twister: Ride It Out' premiered at USF, I was sure this would become a tour addition, but thankfully not! I'm not too sure what I would replace these two segments with though.

I would also re-do the Jaws scene, and make the shark far more realistic. It looks very shabby and outdated, and Universal could certainly do better.

Jurassic Park could do with some work, as it's starting to look a little old (with the ride mechanics and animatronic housings clearly visible in the water last time I was there). Also I can't remember the last time I saw the Jeep drop scene working, and the animatronics in general look a little blocky when they move. Still an awesome ride though.

Whilst Water World is very dated, I'll be sorry to see this amazing show go. Even though it's the fakest plane I've ever seen !

T2:3D still has it for me as well. An awesome attraction. But still, dated.

Universal's House of Horrors, whilst pretty cool, could have been so much better, and this attraction has opened three times under the same formula and still doesn't quite work.

I'd like to see a new major E-Ticket at Universal Hollywood (aside from Transformers), as although an awesome park it is severely lacking in rides.

I can see something along the lines of Backlot Stunt Coaster (like WB Movie World) being added, and I think this would be pretty cool if given a huge Universal-style budget.

Also, with the upcoming re-make of The Thing, I can see Universal dedicating at least a walk-through exhibit to it.

So, what do you guys think?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic