TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Water Rides

Me and my gf love water rides presently our favourite one is Popeye Barges at Island of Adventure because we got absolutely soaked to the skin. Coming from England I have tried quite a few in Europe too including the so called best raft ride in the world "River Quest" at Phantasialand, Germany which is way over rated.

Anyway I just wondered in your opinion which are the highest, longest, wettest, and best rafting and log flumes in the world? and in Europe?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I just wondered in your opinion which are the highest, longest, wettest, and best rafting and log flumes in the world? and in Europe?

don't know so much about longest or tallest but I have never been more wet than when I stepped off Valhalla at BPB, with the added bonus of being a well themed dark ride (with a quick peek outside at one point)

Cheers

SteveC

I've never been to an amusement park with a water ride that has soaked/drenched me... I also don't know about the tallest, fastest, longest, wettest water ride out there...

But my favorites have to be...

1. Escape from Pompeii - Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Short, but sweet)

2. Jurassic Park - Universal Studios Hollywood (I think...)

3. Splash Mountain - Walt Disney World

The wettest ride Ive ever been on is Niagara in Mirabilandia. Its pretty big and the splash is HUGE! The sudden stop when you hit the water is not very comfortable though.

My favorite water ride is Supersplash at Tusenfryd. You get wet, but not too wet. It also has a very good drop into a tunnel that just seems way too small

1. Ripsaw Falls at Universal Islands of Adventure - great theming, thorough, surprise soaking, tremendous drops

2. Jurassic Park Florida - screamed and stomped all the way to the bottom!

3. Splash Mountain Disneyworld

4. Splash Mountain Disneyland

Knott's Perilous Plunge used to hold a record or two. Anyone know if it still does? In any case, it was pretty cool, but the post-accident restraints made boarding glacially slow and detracted from the drop.

Personal favorites:

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (IOA)

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (IOA)

Splash Mountain (WDW)

Escape From Pompeii (BGW)

Splash Mountain (DL)

JPRA (USF)

And in the water park category, I found those giant-funnel Tornados to be big fun.

The first time I rode J2A @ SWF back in 1999.

The first drop is nothing spectacular, but it's the dip after the drop after the U turn. When I rode it, the front of the boat was literally submerged.

Also, last time I visited, one of the water cannons had a broken coin slot, giving free blasts.

Popeye & Blutos Bilge rat Barges really is the best rapids ride i have ever been on, tremendous theming, suprises and soakings! Also Rip Saw Falls was excellent, the bunny hop thing under ground level was great, and excellent theming, tho i just love the horse giggling.

Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park is quite good for a soaking, but don't get me started on their "Ribena Rapids - dreadful.

I know that (surprise, surprise) DL's Splash mountain was the steepest drop on a flume when it opened, but I believe that Dudley Doo Right took almost all the categories upon it's opening.

Wettest, though I have often heard attributed to the Boston Tea Party at Canobie Lake Park, but it's such a small park not a lot of people get to see the rediculous amount of water that thing throws up when it hits. It sometimes knocks people over who are waiting on the bridge! Out of all the giant splash boats I've seen, though that's the wettest one to me.

Chris B

(I've got to get to IOA!)

Where is SBNO SFNO?

http://rcdb.com/pd219.htm

As for wettest rides...

HPs rafts were VERY wet.. when you go by roller soaker you hit like 5 waterfalls in a row you go under and then a few you go next to!

and then Canobies splashboat.... Boston Tea Party has the largest wave I have ever seen on a water ride.... (HP,DPs and CPs might be "wetter" but Canobies wave goes up and out way more)

Popeye Barges at Island of Adventure. I couldn't believe how soaked I was...

However at (then called) Six Flags Holland me and 3 friend thought it was a good idea to splash each other on the water ride... we where so wet... as in SOAKED, when we left the ride some people got scared to go on it....

For me the wettest spot on earth is Popeye, followed by the incredible Valhalla at Blackpool. Valhalla was also my longest ride, because we stuck over ten minutes in the lift hill.

Valhalla and Dudley tie if it`s come to theming aspects.

So three points for Valhalla and my winner!