You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^Haha true.

^You always notice that they never show the good coasters in textbooks, usually just Vekoma boomerangs.

One time I saw a Arrow corkscrew.

My physics book from high school didn't do bad, actually.

IMG_0924.thumb.JPG.a4289720aac00de7529a6045fac8e7d9.JPG

IMG_0925.thumb.JPG.bd6d8f129176d9a9e8d655e66f4806a7.JPG

We had two foreign exchange students from Toronto stay with us last year and this was the first question I asked them:

"Do you like Canada's Wonderland?"

They replied with "How do you know about that place?"

My mom then said "He's kind of a freak when it comes to that stuff."

...when you cringe at your physics textbook because it lists a roller coaster as Roar at Six Flags Marine Park (old textbook); however, it is clearly the one at Six Flags America as seen by PTC trains. I would cross it out, but it is rented from the library... I'll just have to live with it.

*takes deep breaths and tries to relax*

We had two foreign exchange students from Toronto stay with us last year and this was the first question I asked them:

If the only reason you know the location of most major cities around the world is because of coasters

If the only reason you know the location of most major cities around the world is because of coasters

^Haha true.
^You always notice that they never show the good coasters in textbooks, usually just Vekoma boomerangs.

One time I saw a Arrow corkscrew.

My physics book from high school didn't do bad, actually.

Translation! ???

Nothing special (it doesn't say which particular coasters those are, I guess they just searched for "roller coaster" and that was it haha).

It just generally mentions how even though most coasters don't go that fast what makes them exiting is the G forces and it explains how it works (that, let's say, you're twice as heavy under 2 Gs, the amount of Gs most people can stand and how the forces felt on crashes are way bigger than on a coaster or plane)

Been there, except it was exchange students from Australia and Spain. They were surprised I knew of the parks near them, as is just about anyone else from anywhere outside of California when I mention parks in their area.

Another random quotes from B&M, straight out of the hyper-coaster seat patent:

"[...] giving each passenger the impression, albeit artificial, that he is seated on a flying carpet or that he is at the controls of a kind of flying scooter"

"To provide a somewhat simplistic comparison, a person feels, in overall terms, more at liberty on a bicycle than in a bus."

The B&M patents are really cool, they go into the psychology aspect of their innovations!

One reason why Diamondback is my favorite

SO comfortable and futuristic! One of the most comfortable, If not the most comfortable, things I ever sat on

Best coaster seats ever.