TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

-If you have made a k'nex coaster without using tubing (just lots of yellow connectors )

-If your favortie 'game' to play with your wife is where she looks up random POVs and you see how quickly you can identify them

-If you describe certain coaster elements as 'sexy' (i'm looking at you, meudsa's vertical loop!)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If when your parents are speeding down the highway

Last weekend the missus and I were in the back of my Dad's SUV on the way to a family function and we were both commenting on the airtime we were getting over every little bump.

...if you ride kiddie coasters to get your coaster count up.

...when people say RC Car you think roller coaster car, not remote control.

...when you cringe when you hear Vekoma.

...when you can tell what company made the ride by looking only at the restraints.

Edited by GCI Wooden

To add on..

You plan your annual trips to the parks months in advance

.. and watch CP's live webcams before the park opens to watch them transfer TTD's trains

.. and scream the fiercest/proudest at shows when they say, "Make some noise!" because you've had plenty of practice

When one of your friends got a super cool sports car and they all talk about how fast the acceleration can be. But when you ride it, even though you pretend to like it a lot, what you are thinking is "pfft this is as weak as a Zamperla MotoCoaster"

When your electronics are not available and there's nothing you can do, POV's are automatically played in your mind and people can actually see you are riding coasters in your mind because you are leaning back and forth.

When you are excited for August 16th.

When one of your friends got a super cool sports car and they all talk about how fast the acceleration can be. But when you ride it, even though you pretend to like it a lot, what you are thinking is "pfft this is as weak as a Zamperla MotoCoaster"

Coming from someone who really likes cars, I also get the feeling their acceleration is nothing compared to intamin accelerator coasters.(for instance)

I've been having driving lessons and sometimes, when going uphill I have to completely floor the gas pedal just to maintain the speed. Then as the uphill part gradually becomes flat or the cars gains some RPMs I can feel it starting to accelerate better but, as I have to respect the limits, I have to control myself (which is really hard and frustrating). I also have the constant desire to speed through the corners to get some lateral Gs.

...you perk up whenever you hear the term 'roller coaster' used in any context.

I am dead certain when I get my Necomimi ears that mentioning coasters in the break room at work will be popular.

Also,

... when you have an on-ride photo keychain on your car keys. (Mine's currently "Are we there yet?": a photo of four people, including me, looking extremely bored in Bizarro's car 9.) For that matter...

...if you title your on-ride photos.

When you're driving on a back road and you see a hill and think "If I go fast enough, I might get some airtime". Then you do it and get a bit of airtime, but it wasn't strong enough for your liking, so you proceed to take that hill at a faster speed every time you come upon it.

Also, when there are several quicker ways to get to HW off the interstate, but you take Highway 162 out of Dale, Indiana because that road quite possibly has the best series of bunny hills on a road in the U.S. You're almost guaranteed airtime no matter what speed you're going.