TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You completely forget about Christmas because of how ecstatic you are about the awesome new RMC topper track scaled up LR giga-woodie that is getting built at SFMM, not just because it will be awesome, but because Cali will finally get a ride with airtime... that was announced at IAAPA, and forget to buy gifts for everyone because of it.

If you understand all the coaster nerd stuff in that last sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

You might also be a coaster nerd if you happen to hear a song and think to yourself that that would be an awesome tune to use as the score to an on-ride video or that the song simply makes you think of a coaster due to certain words or phrases, even though said song has nothing to do with coasters.

OMG I DO THIS ALL THE TIME IF THERES A SONG I REALLY LIKE I PICTURE IT ON A ROLLER COASTER OMG ITS NOT JUST ME

If you go on the skybuckets at Six Flags parks just to try to take pictures of the new ride's parts laying on the ground. (I did this last time I was at SFOG, but the pics didn't turn out very well)

If your first reaction when you are in an uncrouded park is "MUST. MARATHON. (insert the park's flagship coaster here)!"

If you have ever challenged someone to a fight or duel to defend your favorite coaster's honor.

If you go out of the way to test the alledged "magic seat" on certain coasters. (guilty)

If you think of it as your civic duty to prevent people from riding TOGOs and most Vekomas, or to convert the GP into coaster enthusiasts.

If you have discussed the differences between Arrow, Meisho, and Vekoma track.

If you think Chinese knock off coasters should be used to interrogate terrorists. (guilty)

If you think the above might violate the Geneva Convention. (guilty)

If you have ever prayed to certain coasters.

If you come up with layouts for coasters in your spare time. (extremely guilty)

If you go on the skybuckets at Six Flags parks just to try to take pictures of the new ride's parts laying on the ground. (I did this last time I was at SFOG, but the pics didn't turn out very well)

If your first reaction when you are in an uncrouded park is "MUST. MARATHON. (insert the park's flagship coaster here)!"

If you have ever challenged someone to a fight or duel to defend your favorite coaster's honor.

If you go out of the way to test the alledged "magic seat" on certain coasters. (guilty)

If you think of it as your civic duty to prevent people from riding TOGOs and most Vekomas, or to convert the GP into coaster enthusiasts.

If you have discussed the differences between Arrow, Meisho, and Vekoma track.

If you think Chinese knock off coasters should be used to interrogate terrorists. (guilty)

If you think the above might violate the Geneva Convention. (guilty)

If you have ever prayed to certain coasters.

If you come up with layouts for coasters in your spare time. (extremely guilty)

The only thing I pray to is Shrek

You might be a coaster nerd if .........

you can get on a coaster right after eating, or if you eat while on a coaster! Actually that would make you ACEr certified

I've done this so many times.

I don't eat on coasters, but I will eat in line. Last Saturday, I wolfed down fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn waiting for Great America's Drop Tower.

You might be a coaster nerd if .........

you can get on a coaster right after eating, or if you eat while on a coaster! Actually that would make you ACEr certified

I've done this so many times.

I don't eat on coasters, but I will eat in line. Last Saturday, I wolfed down fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn waiting for Great America's Drop Tower.

Heh, I drink in line. What I've always loved about Busch Gardens was the ability to take your beverage anywhere. A beer or two definitely makes waiting easier.

If last night (yes, I could only check Holiday World's new coaster today because of the time zone) you dreamt twice of what their new coaster would be. (and none of them made any sense whatsoever)

If when your parents are speeding down the highway you like to stick your head out and think: "This is almost like kingda ka!"

If when you're riding your bike you look back and think: "Reverse POV!"