TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... You imagine yourself in the future as chief of your favourite local park and you announce a brand spanking new roller-coaster with a mega show (with light effects, fireworks, awesome concept arts...). Since the announcement of Banshee in KI (I really loved that one), I think of this all the time...

When you buy new shorts, you make sure they have zipper cargo pockets for coaster riding.

Haha! Very guilty! Actually, last year before I went on a trip to a few US parks I went looking for both shorts and trousers with zipper pockets (and it was quite tricky!)

When you buy new shorts, you make sure they have zipper cargo pockets for coaster riding.

I am so guilty of that.

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

...when you hear the word "vitamin", you think of Intamin.

...you get annoyed when you bring family or friends to a park, and they want to ride a coaster that is bad or not worth it (cough...cough...The Dark Knight Coaster...cough...cough).

...you shout "Take the tunnel!" before driving through a tunnel.

...you get annoyed when you bring family or friends to a park, and they want to ride a coaster that is bad or not worth it (cough...cough...The Dark Knight Coaster...cough...cough).

Very true. When I went to portaventura with my friends last month they said they wanted to ride a "weaker" ride first to get them used to it, to which I answered: "NO WAY!!" (as we got to the park as soon as it opened and I wanted to make the most of the small queues). However they insisted and so I took them to furius baco as it doesn't look very intimidating from the lake area

...If you are counting down the days till the ghetto-sketchy-@$$ carnival comes to your town, simply because you don't have coasters nearby & want an early start to the season.

...If you recognize that half the footage in a park commercial isn't actually from that park.

If you know why Griffon on Google Earth looks pretty amazing!

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend.

Pretty cool

If whenever someone mentions a year you immediately think of a coaster than opened then. For example: 1993 - Kumba!

^ You might be a coaster nerd if one of your goals is to ride all the roller coasters that opened the year you were born

^The only two coasters I've ridden that opened in the year I was born (1996) were terrible: Wildcat at Hershey and Mantis.

Well, at last there's Montu but I haven't been on that one.