TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the worst station you've been in

Basically what station has the worst layout. I can think of some...

Viper (SFGAm)- Viper's station is just too big. Add that to no grouper and the station can become a real mess.

V2 (SFGAm)- V2 is another mess. For V2 a station wait is 15-20 mins because of it's horrible capacity. Add that to the fact that it is really loud with the train going through makes it a bad experience.

Iron Wolf- IW's was probably the worst. Instead of most stations where the queue comes in at the center of the station, some bozo decided to cram the queue in right where the front row is. The station was also really small so trying to get past the people waiting for front row was very difficult

Gemini- Now i had to problem with Gemini besides for the fact that they had the entire 3rd and 4th cars sealed off to make it "easier" for the ride ops. But unlike say American Eagle You board in the center of the station. I bet it doesn't take much for the lines to interlock and again you can barely get thorough

Riddler's Revenge- I haven't been to SFMM but i've seen pictures and in the station the line basically forms a zigzag. Turned to the right about 45 degrees.

So what about you.....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGA Invertigo's station, especially on a busy day. Everyone knows shuttle coasters have lesser capacity...plus the lack of shade, plus afternoon sun pounding right on the queue...massive fail. Hope you brought sunscreen and a hat!Oh wait...too late! I wonder how the station building will be over at Dorney.

Other factors that made it worse were the fact that a lot of people would be waiting for the end row(s) and end up blocking the path for those who want to go through the middle rows.

Though it is a nice relief to get to the 'dispersion point' of the queue and walk right up to the air gates for your desired row. This commonly happens with Flight Deck on busier days.

Edited by Angry_Gumball

CGA Invertigo's station, especially on a busy day. Everyone knows shuttle coasters have lesser capacity...plus the lack of shade, plus afternoon sun pounding right on the queue...massive fail. Hope you brought sunscreen and a hat!

I remember that. Giant Dipper in Santa Cruz isn't good because you can't pick your seat and the station building is way too small in size meaning it easily goes into the overflow line.

The worst two I can think of are Trailblazer at HersheyPark and Batwing at SFA. Trailblazer has a queue which is separated into two halves which appear to be for the front half of the train and the back half, only it's not marked at all and just doesn't work. Batwing enters the station at the end by the front of the train and has ride staff only letting in enough people at one time for each train. Therefore unless you are first in line to enter the station it's virtually impossible to get the front unless everyone before you chooses another row.

Worst for originality, either Nitro or Green Lantern both at SFGAdv.

Worst for function, Batman: The Dark Knight at SFNE (the only B&M floorless I've been on where you cannot choose your own seat), Batwing at SFA (really confusing with Flashpass and is way too small).

Worst to work in, Thunderbolt at SFNE (it's frustrating...simple as that)

Iron Wolf is the worst station design I can recall off the top of my head. On the plus side, if you were familiar with the design, front row waits were about the same as any other row (unless the station was empty). This was excellent for me, because I haven't ridden a B&M standup in rows 2-8 (or 7) in about a decade. Might explain why I think so highly of them.

Volcano's station. It has the same problem as Iron Wolf, except turned around; the back row line cuts into those going into all the other rows. This makes the wait for the back the same as all other rows.

Two other bad stations are Riddler's and Medusa West, mainly because they are very large; you think you are almost to the front, but you could still have a good 30 minutes left. More recently, these parks have gotten better at making sure not too many people overflow in the station. However, in the past, I literally walked right into Medusa's station, but the wait was an hour due to 1 train operations and 6-7 minute dispatches.

My all time favorite ride and a "well" themed station, but also one of the worst. Just look at this clusterf**k of people!!

Who's idea was it to make the rows in an angle? No one knows what row they'll end up in, and you can't gauge whether you'll be on the same train if your group has more then four people.

395109140_d02c33aee3_b.jpg.8f109d14f576a2684f3163e7c05aa640.jpg

Pretty much self explanatory... [Flickr]

Edited by JJ728

Viper (SFGAm)- Viper's station is just too big. Add that to no grouper and the station can become a real mess.

Not sure when you went, but for at least the last two years when Vipers line gets bad they have a worker cut it off about 4/5 of the way through to allow the station to clear out a little before sending more people. I agree that without one the station got crazy and very crowded.

^ Agreed on Deja Vu.

I'm going to have to go with B:TR at SF Great Adventure. For some reason that station is always miserable to me because it's either really hot or there is no air movement. That is one of worst lines to wait in too, imo. For some reason, every time I've been in that line over the years, there's never fans or a/c working (or working well) in the queue or station... I always get annoyed waiting for that ride.

Also, the Cyclone at SFNE - the queue used to be on the opposite side and seemed much less crammed. It was kind of irritating being in line for a row and having people have to really squeeze by you and the wall to get past.

Iron Wolf - Really small and an eyesore to look at

Beast - It seems like they tried to make something organized, but it didn't work out well when I visited.

Screamin Eagle - Also small. The air gate waiting areas only hold a 2 train wait, which causes a confusing mess of people coming up the stairs and waiting in the station.

American Eagle - Also small. The air gate waiting areas only hold a 2 train wait, which causes a confusing mess of people coming up the stairs and waiting in the station.

B:TR(SFGAM) - Also too small for the lines it gets, and it can also get miserable waiting on a hot day due to the lack of air movement. A couple years ago, the station was so humid there was fog and the floor was soaking wet, and at first I thought there was a new fog/mist effect.

Worst for function, Batman: The Dark Knight at SFNE (the only B&M floorless I've been on where you cannot choose your own seat),

Yeah I was totally amazed by that when I visited SFNE a few years ago. We tried to ask the ride-attendant at the entry to the station, but all we got in response was a rapid "No!".

I dont think I would call it the worst stations as I cant really remember that much of how it looked inside (6 years ago), but Thorpe Park wins it for me when it comes to "worst station experiences". On both Colossus and Nemesis Inferno they played ridicilously LOUD music, it was just a nightmare. Of course I have to put a lot of blame on the British teens as well, particularly girls. On every single train rolling slowly out of the station there was always a group of people screaming in this insanely high-pitched noise. I Could never work in such a place. Just waiting in line was enough to get a headache.... of course it might just have been that particular day as there were several thousand school kids and teens in the park that day.

Also, as much as I love El Toro, the cheap A$$ move keeping the same station from Viper just doesn't work right.

I came here to post this exact thing. El Toro's station is awful, it's just a bottle neck that creates horribly overcrowded situations at the front of the station. The one good thing is it keeps the line for the back car short since everyone gets stuck at the front, but it's still a pain in the ass to get to the back of the station.

Another bad one is American Eagle. On the blue side and only the blue side the rows of trains do no sync up with the air gates. This has confused me many times.

And DeathbyDinn i've been been in Viper a SFGAm's line many times and I have only seen a grouper once. And he was a big help