TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deep South Bash 2011 Official Update!

Great time!!

Lots of thanks to SFOG, Robb, Elissa, and to all the cool and friendly TPR members who made The Mighty Big Man and Megan's day such a delight!

If anyone has some photos of Big Mike, send them my way! Thanks!

Peace, Big Mike

PS - Do we have another finale group picture under the Goliath sign at the end of the night?? I know we took a few and I would rather have one with all of us looking head on for my collection!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - Do we have another finale group picture under the Goliath sign at the end of the night?? I know we took a few and I would rather have one with all of us looking head on for my collection!

That was a very difficult picture to take. The others came out blurry. I posted the best I had.

That was a very difficult picture to take. The others came out blurry. I posted the best I had.

I took a couple that were pretty decent, I'm sure you'll find them in my photo TR!

What an amazing event. Everything was seriously beyond perfect. ERT on every single coaster?? Acrophobia opens just for TPR?? Beautiful weather, great people, and lots of things you can only find on a TPR trip/event!

Not sure how next year's bash can top this!

Hey everyone!

We have posted the official update from this weekends Deep South Bash at Six Flags Over Georgia!

This update features 10 pages of awesome photos from the event, and tons of videos including POV of Dare Devil Dive, Georgia Cyclone, Goliath, Mindbender, Scorcher, Monster Mansion, and even some off-ride video of Acrophobia, the "sing-off" from TPR Quest, and some insanity from our final ride of the night on Goliath!

The event was AMAZING and featured ERT on EVERY SINGLE COASTER in the park! (and Acrophobia) A walking tour of Monster Mansion! A backstage tour of the park! TPR Quest! Exclusive "Beer" Time (EBT!) A TPR Water Challenge on Great American Scream Machine! And lots more!

Click the link or the image below to check out the full update from this amazing event!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=58&linkid=11013

A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to the awesome folks at Six Flags Over Georgia who made this event possible! And a big THANK YOU to all of our event participants who contributed photos!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I truly have to say,- for my very first TPR event, this REALLY didn't disappoint. Though I was a singleton when I arrived, it was great to meet people and quickly;y form into a group - shows the kind of folk that comprise TPR. This will SO NOT be my last TPR event - already making plans to hit WCB and ECB next year (Wherever and whenever ECB is, that is).

It was also awesome to run into Josh at Carowinds when I stopped to make a credit run on the way home, and really cool to have a partner in making the run (13 coasters in 2 hours!). Thanks for all the great memories, and I look forward to WCB in March!

2. What is Brandy doing enjoying thrilling theme park rides? She should be in the kitchen making tasty snacks and then posting about them on here. I call shenanigans!

Everyone deserves a break now and then! Don't worry, I'll be back to posting food again soon!

I said it on facebook, and in my trip report, but I'll say it again: Big thanks to Robb and Elissa, and the Six Flags staff, for putting together such an amazing event! Hopefully I'll get to see everyone again at future events!

Deep South Bash was simply incredible! I can't thank the park staff and TPR enough for the fun my group had! This was the first TPR event for two of them and they had a blast! My wife and I had a great time as always. ERT on every coaster was awesome as I needed all the credits. Got them all and only had to wait for Ninja (2 trains for the front seat!) Walk-ons on every other coaster! What an awesome event at a truly amazing Six Flags park!

I was -blown- away by this Bash- for my first to be so incredibly fun and over the top would say too little- but meeting all of the great faces and people from TPR was the icing on Brandy's fabulous cake. Thanks to SFoG- and more importantly, Robb and Elissa for giving us what was one of the greatest single days in my life!

Just got through the update and it looked amazing. POV's were typical awesome as usual, with the exception of one for Ninja?? One question about Cyclone....Is it as slow towards the last 1/3 of the ride as it seemed in the pov? It looked as if was barely managing to get back to the station.

I sat in the "Magic Seat" on Cyclone during morning ERT and I quite literally flew out of my seat three times ... meaning I was out of my seat and my butt was on the seat divider. It was awesome!

Ah yes. I am sure my brother and I looked funny being the only ones on the train and both riding in the second to last seat. And that ride was definite not slow at any point. Must hust be the way it appears in the video.

I sat in the "Magic Seat" on Cyclone during morning ERT and I quite literally flew out of my seat three times ... meaning I was out of my seat and my butt was on the seat divider. It was awesome!

Ah yes. I am sure my brother and I looked funny being the only ones on the train and both riding in the second to last seat. And that ride was definite not slow at any point. Must hust be the way it appears in the video.

Funny or not there was no way I was going to ride Cyclone without being in the Magical Seat!

One question about Cyclone....Is it as slow towards the last 1/3 of the ride as it seemed in the pov? It looked as if was barely managing to get back to the station.

POVs can often be misleading. Take a ride like Balder for example. In the POV, that ride looks really boring, but if you watch a back seat POV or even better, RIDE the damn thing, you'll know it's anything but!

Cyclone can be a bit "sluggish" in some areas, as it does shuffle a bit, but it's not as slow riding it as the video makes it out to be.

Everyone has been gushing about how great the event was and how great the park was. With all that, no one has still come close to describing how perfect the event was. Perfect weather, friendly park staff, great food, WATER CHALLENGE, and ERT on just about everything. Let me know when Deep South Bash 2012 tickets go on sale!!!!!!!!!!

I know I say this too often when it comes to TPR events, but I had such an incredible time and so much fun! I love all the special things Robb and the park managed to set up for us and just how enjoyable the entire day was. Even with only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before, not once did I feel tired or that time was dragging, it all went by so fast and there was just so much packed into the day. The Monster Mansion walk-thru was definitely a highlight and I don't think there was anyone anywhere in the world happier than I was when I discovered Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale was one of the free beer offerings during EBT. Such a great time was had and it is definitely one of the highlights of the year. Thanks to Robb, Elissa, park management, and all the ride ops for putting together this great experience. It was great seeing so many old friends, many that it's been years since I've seen, as well as meet new ones. Don't worry, I won't forget about you, Deep South Bash and every time I hear that song by Simple Minds I'll most likely think about this event before I think about Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, and the rest of The Breakfast Club!

Edited by DerekRx