TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deep South Bash 2011 Official Update!

Just got in. Best day I think I've spent in a park.....and I only rode one ride between noon and park closing! ERT was great, EBT was even better, and the GASM water challenge was insane! It was really great of the park to get Acrophobia going for us, considering it was down all day basically. It was really great to get to be on the enthusiast side of a coaster event!

Thanks to Robb, Elissa, Brad, Melinda, and everyone else that helped put on a GREAT event!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know our group had a blast, even thought this is our home park and we ride these coasters all the time. The highlites for me were ERT on Mindbender and Goliath, EBT, TPR Quest, the backstage tour and the water challenge on GASM. The water challenge was one of the most fun times I have ever had on a coaster and I hate getting wet (cheers Dan.) Thank you to Robb, Elissa, Brad and SFOG for putting on such a fun event!!!

This guy sings Bohemian Rhapsody better than Freddy Mercury!

But does he sing Bohemian Rhapsody better than Mike?

You will just have to see the video!

What an amazing event! Much thanks to Robb, Elissa and everyone at SFOG for their hard work and going all out for our group!

Don't hate me cause you ain't me.

Seriously though, this was one of the greatest TPR events ever! Serious props to all of the Six Flags over Georgia team for making this an incredible day filled with amazing ERT, fantastic food, unparalleled prizes and a very wet water challenge!

And to Robb and Elissa, thank you so much for once again making Deep South Bash what it was! What an incredible experience this has been (Kristen throwing water on me and all)!

Edited by robbalvey

Yesterday was beyond amazing! It was my first TPR Event and it did not disappoint! Met Some great people, rode some amazing roller coaster ( Goliath Being My Favorite ), and got very wet during the water challenge! Thanks Theme Park Review and Six Flags Over Georgia for putting out one of the greatest days ever! This will be for sure go down in History for me!

I've always thought West Coast Bash was generally considered the best TPR bash event (and out of the ones I've been to, it's been my favorite), but this one looks to have given it some pretty strong competition. It really looks like SFOG went all out with this event, and I wish there was a way I could have attended. If this becomes a yearly thing, maybe I'll get to it one of these years.

Full photo TR and pics are forthcoming, but I just wanted to type a quick note to express sincere gratitude to TPR, all of the management and staff at SFOG and all of the new friends I met for making yesterday such an awesome time.....this was truly a fantastic and memorable event!!!

This bash was just incredible!!!! Thank you so much to Robb and all the great SFOG staff. This was my first TPR event and it did not disappoint. I met alot of new people. I would like to give a special shout out to Amy, Jonathan, and Brian representin Orlando Florida. Great to met you guys. The TPR water challenge was a riot with you all.

Looks awesome...I can't even say how much I wanted to go to this event for my 40th b-day. The killer was that I only had two vacation days left and knew that we would not be able to do it without flying down & back, which just wasn't feasible at the time. Even though I was disappointed in not going, we made up for it by going to CP, golfing and Put-In Bay for the weekend with my partner and my family...great fun!

The EBT looks like the best thing ever at a TPR event (only because I love beer so much!) What was the featured beer? Looks like a darker beer...almost like a Sam Adams with the copper color. Octoberfest or a local?

Still hoping to get to SFGA in coming years...Mindbender looks great!

The EBT looks like the best thing ever at a TPR event (only because I love beer so much!) What was the featured beer? Looks like a darker beer...almost like a Sam Adams with the copper color. Octoberfest or a local?

That darker beer was called "Sweet Water"... Which we were told it is a local beer... and it was fabulous... I enjoyed 5 (or 6) of them during dinner/EBT/Reception.

This bash was just incredible!!!! Thank you so much to Robb and all the great SFOG staff. This was my first TPR event and it did not disappoint. I met alot of new people. I would like to give a special shout out to Amy, Jonathan, and Brian representin Orlando Florida. Great to met you guys. The TPR water challenge was a riot with you all.

We cannot begin to express what an amazing time our "group" (of three... four when we met Ray for the water challenge) had. This was our very first TPR trip and what a trip it was. Robb, Elisa and TPR (in general) did a wonderful job of making us feel welcome. And this was our first visit to SFoG as well. And what a beautiful, clean, friendly park!... Everything was AMAZING! ERT, EBT, FOOD, COASTERS... new friends... Thanks again...

And Ray... I was smiling ear to ear to see a shout out from you to Amy, Jonathan and myself (Bryan)... We could not have joined in the water challenge without your assistance (Team #1/Team Bryan). (And raise a drink to the 1st losing group of the challenge.) Thank you so much, for not only for completing our team, but showing us around your beautiful park. I just wish we would have joined up sooner. Please let us know when you are going to be in the Central Florida area. We'd love to show you around our parks.

Edited by Maximo37

I'm exhausted, bruised, and still full from beer, but had an amazing weekend! Thanks for putting together another awesome event. And I never thought I would have a coaster wheel on the floor of my living room. Yay Team Garbles/Mega-Bed!

So incredibly sore from the Ninja/GASM/GACyclone cluster &$#! but am sooo ready to do it again It was easily on my top 5 favorite days of all time. That either means I need to start living a little more or it was really *that* freaking awesome- I'm sticking with "that freaking awesome." I also had a great time meeting some amazing new peeps like Michael! If any of you ever wanna come down at get your Mermaid credit at Weeki Wachee Springs, come on down, I'd love to have you visit

Edited by rebecca06261