TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anaheim Gay Days at DCA & DL

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/

It's coming up September 30th - October 2nd 2011.

Who has gone...is it fun? Is it worth it? How 'all out' do you get? (i.e. get a hotel room, go to the off-site parties, go the both parks, get drunk, do the scavenger hunt...etc. etc. etc).

Is anybody planning on going this year? Any advice for someone who hasn't been?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going, but I just go to the parks to hang out (and get drunk, it's my Birthday weekend buy me a shot!) I usually don't do any of the other extra curricular activities (Wonderland Friday, Kingdom Saturday, the Pool Party Sunday, etc...) or the specific meets or do pictures, cause usually I'm not around when they happen! I did do the eye-spy thing (put on by MiceChat and FREE) last year and it's fun to do, especially if you go as often as I do.

There's really no advice to be had, they have their events scheduled, but it's not like you have to go to every one unless you want to, the parks will be crowded (but not SUPER crowded like a few years ago when it was a combination of Gay Days AND Columbus Day weekend. That was a friggin' nightmare.), so remember to utilize fastpass and try and get there early.

I'm spending the whole weekend there with a couple of friends. Took advantage of the special rates at the Grand Californian. Pretty excited as its my first time staying on property (even though I am a passholder).

This is our second time going (first time was 2009). For those from out of town, this is one of the few times you can buy discounted one-day tickets that can be used for a period of almost two weeks. While it sucks that Screamin and Pirates will be down this year and the Halloween fireworks arent included as they were in 2009 (loved the gigantic Jack blow-up head thing), I'm sure ElecTRONica will be awesome this year.

As for the activities they really have been growing this event for all ages. In a way I like it better than the Florida version as everything is so close and the variety of things to do.

The last time we stuck to the parks. Took a late afternoon break to check out the "welcome center" in the Grand Californian meeting rooms (all the good swag gets taken early). Had some drinks and headed back into the parks.

This time we are gonna hit up the Wonderland party on Friday (its a fundraiser for The Trevor Project) and stick to the parks on Saturday with a late afternoon stop for drinks. Then Sunday hit the parks for a few hours before hitting the road.