TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

At what age did you start loving coasters?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I started loving coasters at 10. We were at our Knott's summer vacation. I really wanted to ride GhostRider, but it was closed for maintenance. However, I took my first ride on Montezooma's Revenge and my first (and last) ride on Perilous Plunge. Oh, it was good fun. Now, I just wanted to ride more coasters!

I didn't mind coasters when I was little. I'm pretty sure I've always enjoyed them and got on Vortex @ KI without blinking an eye. I was even by myself. Then, I went until I was 10 and my parents took us to KI and I was forced to ride Inverdigo. I was super duper scared and I was begging them to let me off. I'm not sure why I was scared if I've rode vortex. ( I believed Final Destination at that point.) but after it was over I've been that annoying coaster kid ever since.

Rode my first coaster when I was 8, my second when I was 20, and my third when I was 28. Since then well over a hundred more so I guess it's safe to say I fell in love with coasters at 28. Interestingly, my second ride was Phoenix at Knoebels, you'd think that'd be the one to get me hooked.

• 10 months later...

I was 8-9 when I rode the little Wild Mouse at Idlewild. I enjoyed it a lot (even for a vekoma), but we never traveled out to Kennywood or Hershey at the time we lived in PA, so I never rode any bigger coasters, and lost my love for'em. When I was eleven, we moved to VA. I went to KD with some cousins and rode Dominator, and that reginited my love of coasters. Now we're here.

So, I guess you could say I was eleven.

I was 2 and a half. That was my first visit to Crystal Beach. I vividly remember riding the Little Dipper in Kiddie Land and riding the Airborne (Paratrooper) in front of the Laff In the Dark and loved them both. I don't remember my first ever ride on the Giant Coaster, but it was my favorite until I was tall enough to ride the Comet.