TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you had an unlimited amount of money...

jammy2by4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing I'm in the minority here but if I had unlimited money the last thing I would want to do is run my own park. I have this hunch that people who actually do run parks spend very little time debating whether Intamin or B&M is better or riding the rides then they spend looking at various profit growth charts. I have little interest in trying to run a business like this if I've already got myself unlimited cash flow.

If I had unlimited money I think I would likely take time to travel and enjoy life! Maybe write a few books on American history, even take a venture into the political world and try to give something back.

I would build my own theme park with the best rides, have a mansion, private jet (Airbus A380) and help improve the ATC (Air Training Corps) and build a new building for my squadron.

Wouldn't an A380 make a terrible private jet since it couldn't land at smaller airports in exotic locations?

Rebuild my House with Solar Power and Wind Turbine Fans

Donate 100 Million to Charity

Get Liposuction

Have My Entire Family Get Surgery (Knee's, Back, Etc.)

Replace my 3 Cars with Ford Fusions

Put the Rest in the Bank So I Can Collect Interest

AND

Go On Trips; Wherever I Want, Whenever I Want

What would I do?

-Build my own city, complete with the most architecturally stunning subway system in the history of existence (beating out Moscow and Montreal)

-Fund a research program for how to make Mars inhabitable

-Fund a space program to transfer at least a billion people to Mars

-Donate so much money to education that even in remote, poor African communities, the classrooms are 5-star

-Bribe people to not kill each other

-Nachos!

-Build a 2 mile high tower in every national capital that requests one (to save space on government buildings. Think about it; the Pentagon, the White House and every other government building in and near D.C. Heck, even the states' governing offices could fit in there.) [NOTE: Make it... Indestructible!]

-Cure cancer and AIDS.

It depends where the money comes from. It it's just printed up, it would just lead to inflation to a point that money is no longer worth anything.

If it is taxed, the government, in theory would have an unlimited amount of money (Any non-zero/non-negative percentage of infinity is infinity). See inflation argument above.

Now if an insanely large amount of money was given to me that was already in the economy (e.g. a Nigerian prince transferring his fortunes into my bank account), I would:

Buy a private jet, get rated to fly it, and fly around the world with a few friends. It wouldn't need to be anything big - maybe a Citation, Lear, or Eclipse

Buy a nice place to live, probably near the coast with a private runway to land said jet on. Use sustainable energy/fuels where possible

Depending on the amount, I would invest some of it.

If I had more than what I knew what to do with, I would also use it to help fund education - give everyone access to quality schools and college education, and improve transport infrastructure (favoring rail over roads).

While it would be nice to give money out to everyone in the world in the billions (since it's unlimited), that would obviously ruin economics and inflation would be through the roof.

I'd probably get the obvious: a sweet house, MANY sweet cars (LFA, Agera, 458, -off of the top of my head-), then probably get a design team to make a dream coaster. I'd get B&M to make a smashingly intense terrain invert like Nemesis. I dunno. Maybe just raid some kind of mountainside, speed dial GCI and make Mountain Flyer x3. I probably wouldn't run a park though...I'd just put up a bunch of awesome rides for personal and public enjoyment for the sake of making awesome rides. I mean, with unlimited money, you could make a full circuit, lift hill powered tera-coaster if you wanted to.

Get a decent sized house with a HUGE backyard with a big hill

Put Greased Lighting from Atroworld in the backyard

Put one of those scary A.R.M drop tower in the backyard

Add a terrain woody on the big hill in the backyard

Add a big pool with a ProSlide Rocket and a Whitewater Aqua loop

Add a private airway with a few small planes and a private jet

Put Escalator: the ride in my house

Go on EVERY TPR trip!!

That would be awesome!!!!

I would build my own theme park with the best rides, have a mansion, private jet (Airbus A380) and help improve the ATC (Air Training Corps) and build a new building for my squadron.

Wouldn't an A380 make a terrible private jet since it couldn't land at smaller airports in exotic locations?

Damn you've got me there, but how many aeroplanes have swimming pools and a garage?