TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

The trains are (probably) double the weight of the trains on Steel Hawg and Mumbo Jumbo. So, it's going to take more opposing force to keep them at bay going over the drop. So, the small bump was probably added at the top to slow the trains down enough such that all the brakes have to do is keep them at that speed as opposed to slowing them down from a higher speed.

What I dont get is that Wild West Falls is about the same cost as a B&M.

For example, a dive coaster like Griffon at BGW cost about $16,000,000 (with the exchange rate thats even less in AUD) while Wild West Falls cost $18,000,000. That would be an amazing addition to Movie World, though Im not sure theyd have space.

Don't forget, back in 1999 AUD to USD exchange rate was low. 1 AUD bought approx 63 US cents (Source: http://www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/USD/hist1999.html). This would put the price of Wild West Falls at approx $11.4 mill US. Don't forget, Wild West (IMO) is an pretty amazing ride with good themeing. That's better than a standard B&M.

For example, a dive coaster like Griffon at BGW cost about $16,000,000 (with the exchange rate thats even less in AUD) while Wild West Falls cost $18,000,000. That would be an amazing addition to Movie World, though Im not sure theyd have space.

Don't forget, back in 1999 AUD to USD exchange rate was low. 1 AUD bought approx 63 US cents (Source: http://www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/USD/hist1999.html). This would put the price of Wild West Falls at approx $11.4 mill US. Don't forget, Wild West (IMO) is an pretty amazing ride with good themeing. That's better than a standard B&M.

Good point...

I'd still love to see us get a Woodie, I reckon our parks could afford that. However it seems our parks are going for compact coasters as well as record breakers (steepest drop in the world, tallest inversion in the southern hemisphere, second of which isnt much to boast about) and an average woodie is neither of these things.

Anyway back on topic, look at this video.

Seems that the station is nearing completion, so the opening date of the 15th seems likely.

A B&M invert like Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe park is around $10,000,000 which is apparently how much Green Lantern Cost. Of course Movie World wont make another inverted coaster but still.

Hydra the Revenge cost $13,000,000 which is about the same as Scooby Doo cost.

So I'd say we shouldnt completely rule out the chances of a B&M in the future But I doubt we'll ever get the Intamin hyper coaster we're all wishing for. One thing I'd love to see in a Australian park is a good wooden coaster. Wonderland sydney had a decent looking one but that was demolished, leaving us with just a scenic railway and 2 wooden wild mouses :/

Anyway Ive gone off topic sorry.

You can not compare prices ofcoasters just like that. Rollercoasters are always cheaper to build in America compared to Europe and Australia.

You can not compare prices ofcoasters just like that. Rollercoasters are always cheaper to build in America compared to Europe and Australia.

I know, I realised that after posting and hoped nobody would pick that up.

And your proof that it is cheaper to build in the US is what?

It all depends on the country of origin for the parts. If the track and ride components have to be shipped half way around the world then yes it would be more expensive than say S&S installing something at Lagoon Park seeing as they are both in Utah.

It has nothing to do where the company is located, as the sale has to go through the country where the park is located, and be regulated by that countries laws and taxes, and that is cheaper in America than Europe and Australia.

Sorry I started that.

Movieworld is being quite annoying by not releasing any new information. They posted a video which they advertised as a pov video while it's just a remake of the commercial from 2 months ago.

Also they strangely won't tell anyone when it's opening, maybe the coaster is having mild issues.

I can see one reason for them not revealing an opening date is the weather has been kinda wet the past few weeks so that may have held things up as far as work to the ride goes. That and the past few attractions at Dreamworld have been rushed with things added after opening due to being unable to meet the deadline for whatever reasons.

^ That is what happens during testing... that is the whole point. To figure out how the ride behaves at various speeds amongst other things.

Most likely the ride will find a happy middle where it is not speeding through the course but doesn't crawl either.

^^

I can't imagine that they'll keep the MCBR before the outward-banked turn turned down like that. That car is moving waaay faster through those next couple elements than the other El Locos do, and I doubt they'll send a full train around that turn that quick. They'll probably test all the brakes at different levels and see what works best, and I'd think we'll see that first MCBR cranked up.

It was obvious it would be slowed down, no surprises or reason to be disappointed.

Movieworld still havent announced a date but my estimate is the 26th. Why? Because MW has a tradition of opening rides on Boxing Day. Superman Escape, Lethal Weapon, Wild West Falls and Roadrunner Rollercoaster all opened on boxing day of the year they opened. Only exceptions to this rule are Batwing and Scooby Doo. So I think its entirely plausible itll open on the 26th.

EDIT: Movieworld just posted that itll be opening before christmas