TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

We desperately need a B&M. Compact dive coaster, anyone?

Superman is our only truly great coaster, Tower of Terror is good too but not great. Buzzsaw is surprisingly good, Maurer Sohne are on to something with their little known skyloops.

Green lantern will be fun, but not enough to truly put Australia on the map for coasters.

^Honestly, the word "little" is very subjective. Is a "Smart Car" little? Yes. Is an ant little? Yes. But a Smart Car is a Hell of a lot bigger than an ant.

Anyway, back on topic. I think the little bump before the drop is interesting as El Loco has a flat section there.

Video of it testing.

Looks like the trim brakes really slow it down on the first drop, but I guess you can't send a car flying down a 122 degree drop with just lap bars and expect everyone to be ok.

Anyway looks like its running well, can't wait till opening day.

Edited by ernierocker

It also appears that the car goes up a slight hill right before the drop as well. Trims take time to break in...Sky Rocket's trims slowed the train down much more during initial testing than it does now. I'm sure it's the same case here.

I can't imagine that they'll keep the MCBR before the outward-banked turn turned down like that. That car is moving waaay faster through those next couple elements than the other El Locos do, and I doubt they'll send a full train around that turn that quick. They'll probably test all the brakes at different levels and see what works best, and I'd think we'll see that first MCBR cranked up.

I can't imagine that they'll keep the MCBR before the outward-banked turn turned down like that. That car is moving waaay faster through those next couple elements than the other El Locos do, and I doubt they'll send a full train around that turn that quick. They'll probably test all the brakes at different levels and see what works best, and I'd think we'll see that first MCBR cranked up.

Yeah I agree. I guess in this case a MCBR isn't bad as it's right before the dive loop/whatever it is. That will provide a heck of a lot of hang time, and with lap bars that will be an interesting experience

I was starting to wonder what the first drop would be like with lap bars only... I remember Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach really throwing you into the OTSRs, but with a heavy-ish trim as seen in the testing video for Green Lantern I guess it will be OK?

^ As said above, it's only the first tests, things will be adjusted. If you look at the first testing videos of Mumbo Jumbo and Sky Rocket, they trim harder on the first drops compared to how they run now. Especially with this one having a new car design, I'm sure S&S and the park will be tweaking the trims throughout the rides numerous times.

Pretty awesome stuff! It seems Warner Bros Movie World keeps getting the best coasters in Australia. First it was Scooby Doo, then Superman, and now possibly Green Lantern. Although my favorite was Diamond Python because it only took 8 hours to get there.

Jimmy "Nice vid" Bo

Drove past Green Lantern today. Looks very impressive and quite intimidating at the front of the park. It also gives a good illusion of being the tallest thing in the park with forced perspective, appears to be towering over Superman. I saw the "frame" of the station being built with a car loaded for what was probably for testing later on (didnt stay around long enough to see).

Im really hoping the queue line and station will be well themed like the rest of movie worlds rides (besides batwing). With a LED green lantern symbol and speakers on the car it looks like theyre definately going to some effort with theming.

The track has a slight hump though just before the drop, so I think its more going to give you that hang as you come over the top going into that drop, sort of like the holding break on ride like Griffon and Oblivion, but without the holding breaks.

Its now the 2nd of December and they are talking about a hopeful December 15 open for their White Christmas events, so I would expect some testing, and hopefully some awesome theming to come with that. Someone has stated hearing it had a 2mil theming budget, I don't know if that includes cars, but I'm hoping for something really good; looking a Superman having the roller coaster as part of the pre-show, and Scooby's ghost train section, I've got high hopes.

As for this addition, I think it is great! Our parks just don't have the visitors per uyear or capital to support and build what other parks in other countries do, so don't expect to see that B&M for a while and be thankful for what our parks can do with seemingly normal rides (aka Scooby) and get creative with them.

I also think that while the park also offers the cheap VIP passes and with the current climate where are in don't expect to see something like a ride on a Wild West Falls budget (Australia's most expensive ride for 18mil back in 1999) for some time to come; as it currently stands it appears the market has changed. But that's for a whole different topic.

I just can't wait to get back up there and try it out when it opens and hopefully also get to experience Lethal Weapon without getting off it with a headache!

What I dont get is that Wild West Falls is about the same cost as a B&M.

For example, a dive coaster like Griffon at BGW cost about $16,000,000 (with the exchange rate thats even less in AUD) while Wild West Falls cost $18,000,000. That would be an amazing addition to Movie World, though Im not sure theyd have space.

A B&M invert like Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe park is around $10,000,000 which is apparently how much Green Lantern Cost. Of course Movie World wont make another inverted coaster but still.

Hydra the Revenge cost $13,000,000 which is about the same as Scooby Doo cost.

So I'd say we shouldnt completely rule out the chances of a B&M in the future But I doubt we'll ever get the Intamin hyper coaster we're all wishing for. One thing I'd love to see in a Australian park is a good wooden coaster. Wonderland sydney had a decent looking one but that was demolished, leaving us with just a scenic railway and 2 wooden wild mouses :/

Anyway Ive gone off topic sorry.

It also appears that the car goes up a slight hill right before the drop as well. Trims take time to break in...Sky Rocket's trims slowed the train down much more during initial testing than it does now. I'm sure it's the same case here.

An Empty train will go slower through magnetic trims then a full train of riders. there is no breaking in when it comes to magnets unless they are using an electrical magnet of course. In this case they are just using earth magnets on the train and some type of iron alloy for the trims.

Also the number/ length of trims will cause the train to go faster/ slower through the course. wich could be what you are talking about w/ initial testing.