TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
From Knott's FB post of the old motorcylce coaster to show one of their old rides that went away:

i heard they turned that into the dumb pony ride

One of the best coasters in California might disagree with you there.

Huh? Pony Express in "one of the best coasters in California"? Or does California Screamin' disagree with this person?

Edited by cfc

On King's Island Facebook page:

I get soooo tired of reading posts from people still whining about SOB & being just plain mean when they say "good riddance & bout time its done"! I was taught that if u dont have anything nice 2 say, say nothing at all! We get it that some guests hated this ride but, the majority of us loved it & think its just rude & demeaning 2 speak the way some do about something we loved so much. I consider myself one of the lucky ones 2 have been able 2 ride SOB many times & have missed it greatly since it last operated! I remember in 2008 when we went & it was closed 4 the 1st time since we'd been riding! It was heartbreaking cause, we drove from Louisville mainly 2 ride SOB. Our hearts havent healed any, esp upon arriving every summer 2 see it just sitting there :'( I can only hope & pray that KI puts in another great "wood coaster" as a tribute 2 SOB!

Actually, I think my favorite thing about this post is that it's apparently just too difficult to type out the words "to" and "for."

From Knott's FB post of the old motorcylce coaster to show one of their old rides that went away:

i heard they turned that into the dumb pony ride

One of the best coasters in California might disagree with you there.

Huh? Pony Express in "one of the best coasters in California"? Or does California Screamin' disagree with this person?

I was talking about Xcellerator, where the Motorcycle/Soapbox coaster used to be.

On CGA's wall just now:

As a former season ticket holder the pictures of all the new work being done on the existing attractions are great. But when are you going to add a few new attractions to your amusement park? The same rides year after year is starting to get old. A new roller coaster i.e. the Gold Striker is so ho hum even if it is the "Tallest, Fastest Wooden Roller Coaster" it's still just another roller coaster afterall. Management couldn't come up with something more unique than that? You've got an existing roller coaster for christs sake. Creativity is what many of us are looking for, not a "safe" bet.

So you say the park needs something new...yet when they add something new and major to boot, you're going to whine about that. Go figure...glad he's a 'former pass holder' as I would not want to be around him in the park

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few that I found. I snipped them instead of just putting it in a quote-I think it looks better. The first two are about Six Flags Over Georgia, the third is from Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Capture32.PNG.98de83987fe87e35690802b348f18309.PNG

"The Fun Fact"

Capture.PNG.3354e96c2dfd353bd32ee046995af738.PNG

The "I Will Never Bow Down" Monster Plantation lover

poseur.PNG.f663de10b67586499d14c15338e4657d.PNG

This one was a comment on a photo of Batman.

The "Coaster Enthusiast Poser", who is also wrong.

This one was a comment on a photo of Batman.

The "Coaster Enthusiast Poser", who is also wrong.

Um?

The first Batman: The Ride was built in Six Flags Great America, and it opened in 1992. RCDB also lists it as the oldest coaster with an "inverted" classification. Aerial Glide was a "suspended" coaster.

I don't understand what the problem is?

Just another gem from the GP about Gatekeeper and that it will be down more than up.......you know like TTD.

NOT ME, the lines will be Rediculous and there is SO much more to do there than wait in line for a ride that will be down more than up (Like Top Thrill Dragster) while the bugs get worked out of it...

Here is another one......I want to know which secret facility is out there that the entire ride gets set up and tested just to be taken down and shipped.

the manufacturer of the coaster designs it, builds it, assembles it and tests it at their own site. Then it's disassembled, packed and shipped to the park where (of course) it's reassembled. There will be tweaking required because of differences in the ground prep, misalignment during assembly, etc, but the core testing is done. They know that the design is sound, safe - and fun.

^ Some companies DO sell their prototypes to parks (ie Motorcoaster at Derien Lake is the Zamperla Motorcoaster prototype that was built and tested at the factory in Italy) this isn't true for most coasters however.

Um?

I'm pretty sure that there are some people who don't know (or really don't care about) the exact city where Cedar Point is located...

Edited by A.J.

Um what?? I would think that punctuation and real sentence structure wouldn't be too hard right.......right??

how col is that??? i wished i could go i have not been in years i do mean years. when the blue streak was big....

Well apparently sentence structure and anything resembling sentence structure has gone by the way side.

Yeah so cnt wait going to be going dis summer!!!!!! so exited its been a couple years since i been der

Um?

I'm pretty sure that there are some people who don't know (or really don't care about) the exact city where Cedar Point is located...

The facepalm here is that the photo is showing Gatekeeper and the entrance to Cedar Point. The GP was asking where the coaster was located. It's humorous due to the fact that this photo was posted by Cedar Point on their official page- why would they be posting a rendering of a coaster from another park? That was the point I was making with the photo (and also why I kept the actual photo in the post). But I can see why you got confused.

Hopefully that clears it up!