TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This came from someone posting on the Haunt page for Knott's:

Please please bring good spooks this year! It has been the same the last two years. Spooks were talking to people. Which is not cool! Cuz u go there to get scared!! If u dont wanna be scared then dont go!! There we lights on where it use to be dark. & the age limit should be 18. We had little kids sleeping in ride lines. Be stricter!! So we all can have more fun!

I understand the whole thing about the haunt monsters needing to be "scarier", but you're saying that some kid who's seventeen, who can legally see R-rated movies by himself, has to go home because it's "past his bedtime"? That would be a bit insulting for their core audience. Besides, it should be up to parents who call the shots not someone who thinks Haunt should suddenly become an adults only event.

A few days back on CGA's wall (Just now getting to post it, was too lazy to dig up the thread )

if you're wanting to build ANOTHER wooden coaster do not. we have the grizzly for that matter

Alright bud, you can go ahead and ride Grizzly all day while the rest of us go check out the new woodie!

People seemed to be surprised that a park would have more than 1 wooden coaster, as though that all wood coasters do the same thing. So in that matter, should the park have more than 1 steel coaster?

I understand the whole thing about the haunt monsters needing to be "scarier", but you're saying that some kid who's seventeen, who can legally see R-rated movies by himself, has to go home because it's "past his bedtime"? That would be a bit insulting for their core audience. Besides, it should be up to parents who call the shots not someone who thinks Haunt should suddenly become an adults only event.

The parks do advertise a recommended age of 13+ however, we still see parents bringing their kids in strollers. Enjoy your kid's therapy bill once he/she gets older.

When Kings Island posted;

Please be advised the Diamondback roller coaster will be closed beginning Monday, June 4 through Friday, June 8 for routine maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The GP was quick to jump in with conspiracies.

Seems suspicious since the park just opened for the year....

Tyler, if its going to be closed starting Monday the 4th, do you really want to ride it tomorrow, oh and the park has only been open for how long ?

On the SFDK facebook:

What about the boomerang roller coaster it's really old you should get rid of the boomerang roller coaster and get another ride

1998 is really old...

oh man i was here last thursday and the loop wasnt finished and the top spiral wasnt there but roar will always be better than [superman]

I love comparing coasters with coasters u/c!

2 from the same guy on CGA's wall:

IT BE COOL IF THAY HAVE A PEPSI RIDE AND IT IS A COOL ROLER COSTER AND IT IS 25 MIN LONG RIDE THAT BE COOL AND TAKE DOWN THE OLD WOODY GRIZLEY RIDE DOWN ITS TOO OLD AND THE WOOD WILL BRAKE ITS A BIG SAFTY HAZERD AND A BIG DANGER THAY NEED A PEPSI RIDE THAT IS STRONGER AND SAFE TO RIDE.

Translation: I have no clue as to what I'm talking about.

I GOT A IDEA FOR A COOL RIDE MAKE DROP ZONE BIGER AND SCARY MAKE DROP ZONE 275 FEET DROP THAT BE COOL DROP FROM 275 FEET AND A # 2 IDEA FOR A COOL RIDE IS DO A RIDE LIKE DISNEYLAND TEA CUPS GOING 145 MILES PER HOUR THAT BE COOL AND THE BEST ANYTHING CAN COME TRUE FOR GREAT AMERICA IN SANTA CLARA

Face....Palm....

Tea Cups that go 145 MPH are the sort of thing you'd find at Ice Bat's Park Of Difficult Situations And Dire Consequences...

dt

I like that park.

In referral to Summit Plummet.

This ride is 210ft tall, my friend said dat they had to lower it by 100ft becuz pepel was goin so fast they would fly off the end of the slide!!!!!!

You Sir are a moron, dat is how it is pepel!

This one takes the cake (for me) for the sheer level of grammar issues- and on a coaster I consider myself very close to.

RE: SkyRush

ok i rode skyrush yesterday for the tirst time. it wasnt to bad. so rode it again later and had to go to the emt. hurt my leg badly. but has any one seen the problems there going to have with it?

FBnogrammar.jpg.1ecfe9d8d097ec45579611993ea33fdf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

From the BGW Facebook page:

Great time at the park. However both new rides had problems all day and the Mach Tower wasn't open the entire day. Verbolten was open and closed and then opened again. When I went to guest relations, they said they weren't doing anything to compensate for the people who traveled long distances for the Mach Tower. All in all a good day, however I felt the park should have at least gave us the option of coming back tomorrow when the ride was repaired. It's a new ride people!!!! If it was something else that was broken down I wouldn't have cared as much, but when you advertise these new rides and they don't even run it can really ruin the day.

I can't think of any park that comps guests for a second day because a drop tower was broken down. Plus, he mentions having a "great time" in his first sentence, then launches into a rant about ride breakdowns. Translation: "I had a great time, but it was ruined because your drop tower was broken down. Please give me a free ticket."

Edited by cfc

I can't think of any park that comps guests for a second day because a drop tower was broken down. Plus, he mentions having a "great time" in his first sentence, then launches into a rant about ride breakdowns. Translation: "I had a great time, but it was ruined because your drop tower was broken down. Please give me a free ticket."

Having worked in the food service industry as a server for quite a few years, I can tell you that there are some people out there that will try and get something free by complaining about anything they possibly can, even if in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. It's sad, but a way of life in many customer service industries.

Posted on one of Six Flags' pictures of Superman: Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom:

SUPERMAN IS GEORGIA!? this was defffff not there, i JUST went!

Great adventure in jersey has this already

Hahaha Six Flags over Georgia already has it. Ridden it like 50 times. Favorite coaster

Posted on one of Six Flags' pictures of Superman: Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom:

SUPERMAN IS GEORGIA!? this was defffff not there, i JUST went!

Great adventure in jersey has this already

Hahaha Six Flags over Georgia already has it. Ridden it like 50 times. Favorite coaster

People are BLIND.