TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

This one goes in the category of deduction failure....

SeaWorld said:

SeaWorld San Diego

Science is not only important, it's SUPER COOL and FUN! Our eduction team's exhibit on sea turtles was a fan favorite at the San Diego High Tech Fair. Who loves SCIENCE!!!!

GP Says:

What's an education team?

Hmmm....maybe, just maybe, it's a team of people who educate?

I think that GP was making fun of the fact that SeaWorld said "eduction" instead of "Education".

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From BGW's Verbolten Update on Facebook:

I'm sorry I have to be that guy but, don't get me wrong, using electromagnetic tech seems like it's going to give you a lot of issues, mainly for an attraction built for speed....but I mean hey, if it works really well I will admit i'm wrong

Yea... it's not like there have been any other coasters that use electromagnetic technology... and it's not like they have been in operation for over a decade or anything...

On SFDK's facebook page:

bring back tony hawk !!!

Seriously, can this person see Superman being better than Pandemonium?

So what if that person has an opinion? Just because most of us would prefer Superman over Big Spin doesn't mean everybody does.

Bluegrass Boardwalk FB Page

But didnt "the other company" take Chang when they left?

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Recommendations

Go there an ride Sheikra its Awesome

California's Great America FB Page

(I just find this HILARIOUS)

THE DEMON SUCKS!

Courtesy YourOpenBook.org (if you ever want to find some truly concerning facebook statuses about theme parks or anything in general, give it a visit):

---

[POV of Son of Beast, post-loop]

"found my new wooden roller coaster to ride this summer.)))))))"

Five minutes later, new post.

[POV of Son of Beast, with loop]

"same ride..only they added a loop!!!!!!!!damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:))))))))"

---

I'm kinda curious how he missed the video description ("Son of Beast before the loop was removed...") and the array of comments about the accidents and modifications.

Came across a couple head-scratchers in a post by Waldameer. They posted a picture of the snow-covered foundation for their new kiddie ride, Happy Swing.

"I just love looking at the park with the snow on it make s me want winter to get the hell out of here"

I guess a beautiful view fills you with anger? Huh?

"Why don't they build anything across the street? They could build a bridge so that we wouldn't have to cross"

Build a bridge that we don't have to cross? Oh, you mean the road? I can almost guarantee you will be one of the few who b*tch up a storm because the park ran out of parking on a busy weekend because a 500ft mega-looper was built in the parking lot. (Across the road is overflow parking)

I think Waldameer monitors their facebook page fairly closely, because it is hard to come by those annoying complainers and whishlist comments. I remember a few crazy ones here and there, but they have since been deleted.

Honestly, who are these people that comment on facebook pages, youtube videos, and blogposts? Do they have any idea what they just wrote? The comments are so awful that it does no good to even try to respond or correct them; I only read and "lol." I do not expect perfection by any means, but it is getting ridiculous (I speak beyond amusement facebook pages). Something is either in the water, or our educational system really did a terrible job.

****ridiculous, see what I mean about our educational system Fuzzle Monkey! Like I said, I do not expect perfection. However, YOU GOT ME!

Edited by ajfelice

^Oh the irony, critiquing the education system, yet misspelling "ridiculous"

Joking aside, valid point - a quick visit to any Facebook page exposes just how ignorant and uninformed some of the posts are. Makes you shake your head and question humanity's future.

From CP's FB.

winterphotomeanstreak.jpg

"I remember I went when I was younger and my Dad had to hold me down in the seat because the lap bar hit his legs before mines and on the first hill I was actually floating for a sec before he grabbed me and pinned me be to the seat for hte rest of the ride. My retarded self thought it was a blast and asked to go again smdh..."

How stupid! He thinks Mean Streak has airtime!

From CP's FB.

winterphotomeanstreak.jpg

"I remember I went when I was younger and my Dad had to hold me down in the seat because the lap bar hit his legs before mines and on the first hill I was actually floating for a sec before he grabbed me and pinned me be to the seat for hte rest of the ride. My retarded self thought it was a blast and asked to go again smdh..."

Hmm....I'd like to buy a vowel...and some punctuation....and a spell check. GEEZ!

In the light of these scams floating around on Facebook, claiming that people can get free tickets to Six Flags, etc (in which I saw a message from Cedar Point and SFDK warning people of this scam), one of the SFDK fans post:

"Perhaps you should send us 4 free tickets for our trouble!"

"It would be so unlike 6flags to give away anything.......... lame ass place"

Really, so since when is it the park/chain's responsibility for a scam another party has created? People these days...

On Hersheypark's March 6 Skyrush photo update:

So much for walking inbetween rides. but you can still walk between the rides.

...Um. Is this one of those deeply philosophical "sound of one hand clapping" sort of things? I may actually lose sleep over this one.

Also:

Looking forward to riding this awsome coaster looks like a major rush!

Can't tell if that's supposed to be an Incredibly Lame Pun or not.

On Hersheypark's March 6 Skyrush photo update:

So much for walking inbetween rides. but you can still walk between the rides.

...Um. Is this one of those deeply philosophical "sound of one hand clapping" sort of things? I may actually lose sleep over this one.

Bit like this comment on a pic of a "new" ride at Movieworld (simply their old SLC being revamped):

So won't to go on that, Plz can I be a test driver?

Can anyone make any sense of this whatsoever?