TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHN Hollywood:

I'm "Horrified" that Flo passes are one time only per ride or maze.....WHAT THE HELL YOU THINKING UNIVERSAL? Sounds to me you got a little cocky because of all the sold out nights last year.....shame on you!!!

It sounds like HHN Hollywood fans are getting a little spoiled considering Orlando has been doing this for how long now?

Heres a comment from one of the aminimated rendering of Leviathan

its a stand up coaster. it has a 90 degree drop bigger than behemoth and like 5000 plus feet of track and its goes 175 an hour.... its being built right over top of the park entrance.. its gonna be amazing and when this baby is done its gonna be the new attraction and behemoth will lose all its riders haha

My 15 year old daughter doesn't even use Text Speak. At least she doesn't with me when she figured out I wouldn't respond to her texts if she did.

I do wonder if kids that had the "first gen" of texting mobile phones in the early 2000's will be different from kids that get a mobile phone with a full keyboard today. I can almost understand when you had a crappy phone with three letters and a number on 1 key, or even T9 word, but today, it's almost just as easy to type on a mobile phone as it is on a keyboard.

Well the current generation is called the Igeneration. I guess because of all the phones etc

In the light of the JMA acquisition and CGA's official announcement, this:

Actually I think the JMA Ventures also bought Gilroy Gardens Family Park and maybe Great America is going to be relocated to the Gilgoy Gardens Park. That may have been in the plans for a long time, we just don't know it yet??

Did they forget to read the article and base their opinions on the rest of the posts speculating closure? Relocating an entire park to another spot would be quite expensive anyway...it's not a matter of lasso tool, draw line around the park, CTRL+X, then CTRL+V in new location, lol.

A comment on CP's post about the Millennium Force maintenance crew:

Darien Lake in NY should have this crew. The ride of steel coaster would not have been shut down for the season if these guys were maintaining the ride. You guys do a great job.

Yeah, because it's totally the maintenance crew's fault that someone fell out.

BGW's FaceBook is being flooded with comments about how they are shocked and appalled as parents that Fiends at Das Festhaus is such a risque show. Never mind the numerous warnings throughout not only the Festhaus, but the park itself.

Beware of Fiends in the Festhaus show. We had no idea when we walked into this show with 3 small children and saw no signs warning of it's R-Rated content. In my opinion, this is not the right show for any family audience- maybe for Vegas, but not Williamsburg. A sign of the times...

^Yeah, people complained about that show for being too "sexy" 13 years ago, too--I guess it's too much to expect them to read disclaimers and warnings. I've seen so many people drag unhappy, screaming little kids into Howl-o-Scream.

Edited by cfc

^Yeah, people complained about that show for being too "sexy" 13 years ago, too--I guess it's too much to expect them to read disclaimers and warnings. I've seen so many people drag unhappy, screaming little kids into Howl-o-Scream.

So true. It really irritates me when parents do that. Howl-O-Scream, especially this year, is not meant for young children. It really isn't.

And all the comments about Fiends on BGW's Facebook page are hilarious because so many people just don't bother reading signs. "Oh, it's Busch Gardens the family park, nothing there will be scary or risque!" It's ridiculous what expectations some people for how HOS needs to be family-friendly.

A comment on CP's post about the Millennium Force maintenance crew:
Darien Lake in NY should have this crew. The ride of steel coaster would not have been shut down for the season if these guys were maintaining the ride. You guys do a great job.

Yeah, because it's totally the maintenance crew's fault that someone fell out.

Ride of Steel is closed because the lift chain snapped.

^^Just wanted to check Darien Lake's facebook, and this is one of the first things I saw.

OMG i was on the car before it broke it was crazy watching it and when i was on it the car kindof stoped but cept on going SCARYYYY!!!!!

On a promo for the new ride at SFDK this year...

WILL THAT RIDE BE AT ALL 6 FLAGS PARK ?

i cant belive SOME of the sic flags parks are still in progress in making skyscreamer for 2012!

Wait where is Tony Hawks Big Spin??

Omg, which one is this one gona be at ? Which six flagss ?!

this looks similar to the green lantern at six flags magic mountain (that was awesome and a lot scarier than you would think) but I can't wait for this ride, it's going to be awesome!