TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

^ I NEVER use "text talk" even when texting. Ok, I use a few of them, like the more common OMG or WTF, but really, I spell out almost EVERY word. I could almost understand when phones didn't have a full QWERTY keyboard that people would write text speak, but now, dude, you gotta full keyboard in your hands... USE IT!

I do that too! It drives me nuts sometimes though because when I'm messaging to non-Verizon and it goes over 160 characters, the extra characters get sent in a different message. Then I sit there for a few minutes deleting my signature, apostrophes, and changing "and" to & to get the message 160 chars. or less.

It really is good practice to avoid text speak as much as possible. I had a professor recently showing sample bad e-mails that students had sent that included lots of text-speak. The whole time I was horrified (but somehow not surprised) about the e-mails. I always at least double-check my e-mails to professors and other business professionals and revise if needed.

Ya, professor your hair is so LOL!

I do the same whenever I send any e-mails as you cannot edit it like you can edit your posts on TPR.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From SFoG

Today at Six Flags.... I got WET!!!!!!!!!!!! Blehhh smh.. still had fun tho... Add me people!

What a tool.

My husband and I waited for 3 hours yesterday for the Dare devil to open, and it never did, everything else did but we waited for dare devil so long that we ended up only getting to ride one other ride, well if you can even call monster mansion a ride. I was VERY VERY dissapointed

She'll be back next year.

In case you forget your season pass, don't expect them to reprint unless you pay $26-even if it's the last weekend of the season! That's insane!!!

Then dont lose your pass.

Oh and a flame war over Verterans...

http://www.facebook.com/carowindspark

Here's a good one from Knoebels' facebook page. This is right in the middle of a lot of people sending their best wishes to the park because of the flooding.

Any chance of you guys installing a Vekoma Mind Eraser (SLC 690 Model)?

The response from Knoebels:

no

Then, the response from the OP (who is an adult, by the way):

WHY?????

=O(

^ I NEVER use "text talk" even when texting. Ok, I use a few of them, like the more common OMG or WTF, but really, I spell out almost EVERY word. I could almost understand when phones didn't have a full QWERTY keyboard that people would write text speak, but now, dude, you gotta full keyboard in your hands... USE IT!

I'm one of the few that doesn't text like that either! I hate it so much! The worst is when you get a text from you parents in text speak....

Edit- That came back to bite me in the ass, as I then started to recieve text talk messages from people who saw this post.

Here's a brillantly written post of tragic beauty from the BGW page:

Dear BUsch Gadens,

love your park and i love all your rides....EXCEPT fo Mach tower! spent aboutan hour and a half in line to ride it and it was very disapointing. I also have a recomndation!BRING BACK CORCK SCREW HILL!!! Ponder over it will you please? That was THE BEST ride there

Check out Hershey Parks FB, lots of GP idiocy regarding the unfortunate situation with the bison and I'm seeing the word "murderers" a lot. Always makes me wonder, yes I understand animal rights and to an extent I'm for them, but what would you have rather seen? They did their best to get the animals to safety and Mother Nature struck too quick. They had two options, watch as the two bison struggled out of the employees reach or make it quick and painless. Not an easy decision I'm sure.

My 15 year old daughter doesn't even use Text Speak. At least she doesn't with me when she figured out I wouldn't respond to her texts if she did.

I do wonder if kids that had the "first gen" of texting mobile phones in the early 2000's will be different from kids that get a mobile phone with a full keyboard today. I can almost understand when you had a crappy phone with three letters and a number on 1 key, or even T9 word, but today, it's almost just as easy to type on a mobile phone as it is on a keyboard.

My 15 year old daughter doesn't even use Text Speak. At least she doesn't with me when she figured out I wouldn't respond to her texts if she did.

I do wonder if kids that had the "first gen" of texting mobile phones in the early 2000's will be different from kids that get a mobile phone with a full keyboard today. I can almost understand when you had a crappy phone with three letters and a number on 1 key, or even T9 word, but today, it's almost just as easy to type on a mobile phone as it is on a keyboard.

I'm going to put my check in the "it only gets worse" column. My niece, 13, has a full keyboard but is purposely spelling incorrectly now. Example: "qoenq two da mewveezz wit da frendz twonite" is apparently "going to the movies with the friends tonight" now my niece is a very smart girl and I know that she knows better, but it pisses me off when she does this.

I learned to text on a "3 letters and a number" keyboard, and even on that thing I tried to actually type words out. Most people I know still do their best to be as incomprehensible as possible though, even on a full keyboard. I don't get it.

Also, on topic, here's some of the fine comments regarding the bison situation at Hersheypark:

YOUR DISCUSTING!!
im done with you after what you did to your animals.

And, in response to someone asking why the bison were euthanized:

CUZ T6HE ZOO PPL WERE TO STUPID TO MOVE THEM WHEN THEY KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!!

From the Worlds of Fun Facebook page:

All three are courtesy from Lisa

I spent about $400 on season passes for my family of four including a parking pass & expected to be able to have my daughter's 13th bday there! Big mistake!!

I found out today that I will have to pay for ten people to get in, not counting my family of pass holders & that cost is $356.66!!! Then I have to pay another $12.03 per person for my family to eat the birthday meal!!!

Total cost for my daughter's birthday party would be $404!!!! I paid less for season passes & a parking pass!!! Total b*#@$^**!!! I will not be a returning pass holder for 2012! The lady I spoke to, actually told me that WOF values it's pass holders!!!! I almost laughed!! I will be getting Friends of the Zoo passes next year & Ren Fest Passes!!! F#%*& Y@@ WOF!!!!!!

My daughter will be 13 on HALLOWEEN also.

Another person who is furious that their dirt cheap season pass doesn't include all of their hearts desires. What is with the sense of entitlement?

More from Lisa:

I wasn't expecting free by any means! Don't presume to think that I meant that! It would be great if season pass holders didn't have to pay $12.03 to eat at a party they just paid $356 to get into as well as ten other people! That's what I meant!

Shortly followed by:

Doing research now is not an option, so stop giving me advice that is not useful! Nice to know there are so many people who don't care that WOF is srewing pass holders! Friends of the Zoo & Ren Fest pass holders get ALOT more for their money in this economy. That is where my money will go from now on! Screw all the rest of you, give WOF your money, I won't!

I feel for her! I was pissed when I discovered that my Six Flags season pass did not cover front-of-the-line access on my birthday. And then they had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't park my car at the front gate on top of the guy in the Bugs Bunny costume!?! The lady I spoke to actually told me that Six Flags values its pass holders!!!! I almost laughed!!

Edited by VinTheAttendant

I feel for her! I was pissed when I discovered that my Six Flags season pass did not cover front-of-the-line access on my birthday. And then they had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't park my car at the front gate on top of the guy in the Bugs Bunny costume!?! The lady I spoke to actually told me that Six Flags values its pass holders!!!! I almost laughed!!

^So........she thought that her season passes could get 10 other people in for free and would include free food for everyone as well? I feel sorry for her children, they're getting some horrible genes from her. Sheesh.

I think Elissa said it best in the Prowler argument a couple of years ago... "Midwest Nutjobs."

I found something on an animated pic of SFGA new Wingrider (Sorry if this was already posted)

how do u take these pics?

Really?!

Here's the picture:

Reading this thread I have been amused by what people do and how they think...but I have to say...the last one takes the cake...been lmao...some people are so funny