TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

From the WDW Update page on Facebook:

Which of these are you most looking forward to?

The new fanticyland

Hmmm....there is bakery in the UK called Fanticy. http://www.fanticy.co.uk/

Disney's favorite birds return to the Magic Kingdom.

Yay... I hate change!!! Thank you very much!!

Sooo...you will probably hate that they changed it back....I think. Hard to decipher!

What's your favorite mode of Disney transportation?

MONORAIL FOR SURE. BUT LOVE THE HORSE AND BUGGY RIDES AT THE HOTELS.

Hmmm..which hotels would that be? Because I cannot think of one hotel that has horse and buggy rides. (I think he thinks Fort Wilderness Campground is a hotel. Welcome to Flori-duh!!)

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random 'jeep' posts:

Hey Six Flags Magic Mountain, u guys should build a Captain America ride. It should be a Stand-Up coaster and it should be next to Green Lantern. Like if u agree

That reminds of that whole Terminator retheme debacle, and some "jeep" suggested it should be dubbed "Thor: The Ride."

Disneyland Asks-

What goofy things would you do at Disneyland Resort that you wouldn't dream of doing at home?

Some of my favorites

secks

Wear a fanny pack

I would go bungee jumping!!!!! LOL XP PROBABLY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Please let me know where the Disneyland Bungee Jumping ride is, it sounds fun?

Goofy's got a camel toe and a beer gut :\

boring

Really, then why are you a fan of the Disneyland facebook page?

I have 3 tickets too da world trying too find some too go wit its nice too meet no people so lets see Watt happen I would personaly come pick up in we will fly too da would of love goofy hope u like who I bring

I have no clue what this person said

Jump out of the boat at pirates and peek around lol seeing the backstage stuff is always interesting

Wow, and your idiocy is why there are lapbars on Splash Mountain

I only went through about 200 comments

-----------------------------------------------

Holiday World posts-

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari

Just think - in May we'll be riding Mammoth, surrounded by these beautiful trees!

is that a rolling caster?

After Holiday World tells her it will be a Water (slide) Coaster she then posts

a other water coaster i was hopeing its a steel roller caster

What's the weather report like today?

Seriously? Can't you just google it?

Some people were concerned about the Tree removal, so Holiday World then says

Not to worry, folks, we plant far more trees than we ever take out -- every year. And we have lots of forestland for critters to roam.

And then somebody posts

u r mean to nature just because we want another waterslide put it in an open spot instead of killing trees i mean the world is coming a part

Oh no, Save Deja Vu is going to start a petition because

If we get more than a thousand signatures, they have to listen to us... That's a big number.

Then there is this, you can guess who is arguing here...

I know a lot of people are sad that Deja vu is getting paved, but I actually think it's a good idea! Throughout its life, Deja vu has been a mechanical nightmare, and it hasn't really been a major draw. When SFGAm removed Deja vu in 2007 and sent it to Silverwood, they not only managed to fix the huge downtime issues (I think it went from 80% to 1.5% downtime), but they somehow also made it smoother, and it became Silverwood's main draw! Hopefully SFNE pull off the same miracle.

Interesting point and that actually sounds like it is a good thing

What about the people that have a deep emotional attachment to the ride though. Rides break, but they can be fixed. Even your precious pavement will crack someday.

^But pavement has less downtime.

^DEJA VU is so MUCH AWESOMER than pavement

Pavement does not ever leave riders stranded for hours and hours

I need to meet Mr. Save Deja Vu. He has the most brilliant retorts. We would be great friends and make up sassy comebacks together, like the following gem:

T.j. Graham Falling on pavement is more thrilling than Deja Vu.

^If pavement had a 4.5gs and a 110 foot cobra roll. Pavement is has 0 g's and you might find a dead snake on it.

This isn't from a park, rather, from TPR. From the Wild Eagle announcement:

Yeah and Six Flags Great America in Gurnne is getting rid of Iron Wolf the Standing Rollercoaster and Replacing it with X-Flight the same exact type of ride on six flags one is better! Go to there Website, they have a Demo Video of the Full Ride using Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Iron Wolfs last stand is tommorw!

Quite the gem.

Poor Dollywood is getting killed right now on their facebook by all the 'country folk' that don't have cell phones or don't have cell phones that text, so they're all pissed they can't enter the contest!!!! Even though if they were able to read, they'd see there are alternate methods to enter. Totally think Dollywood should make it a requirement that you did everything right the way they wanted to win the contest!

I really like how Save Deja Vu thinks that a bunch of retard fanboys are going to be able to stop a major park from doing business. It's not like SFMM management is going to say " oh screw it, a 1,000 likes on Facebook, we're keeping it!" I guess it just bothers me how stupid people are, honestly what is this world coming too?

One of the compliments we get from parks all the time is (paraphrased) "Thank you for keeping the idiots off TPR - and making the forums legible!"

Seriously, as much as people give us crap for our strict posting rules when it comes to grammar and not posting for posting sake, I really don't want TPR's forums looking like some of these Facebook pages.

I hope you all agree!

--Robb

I think the quality control on here is just one of the many reasons TPR has been (and continues to be) so successful. You guys have made great relationships with parks, as well as with the people in the business of those parks, and it's due to the effort you guys put into TPR. Keep doing what you do!!

Someone on the Wild Eagle video

First off.....Its not the first and no the only so shut it dolly...great america announced theres first stupid!

Why do people have to rage over stuff like this... especially when whoever announced it first is completely irrelevant.

Edited by DallasAlvey

One of the compliments we get from parks all the time is (paraphrased) "Thank you for keeping the idiots off TPR - and making the forums legible!"

Seriously, as much as people give us crap for our strict posting rules when it comes to grammar and not posting for posting sake, I really don't want TPR's forums looking like some of these Facebook pages.

I hope you all agree!

--Robb

I think the quality control on here is just one of the many reasons TPR has been (and continues to be) so successful. You guys have made great relationships with parks, as well as with the people in the business of those parks, and it's due to the effort you guys put into TPR. Keep doing what you do!!

Honestly, TPR's grammar rules has caused me to refrain from using 'text talk' when even texting on my phone...really, it's not that hard to do, and in the long run, my messages are legible. And as far as any anti TPR-ers go, I honestly think they're jealous of TPR's success (that and are raged that they got banned for being stupid here).

^ I NEVER use "text talk" even when texting. Ok, I use a few of them, like the more common OMG or WTF, but really, I spell out almost EVERY word. I could almost understand when phones didn't have a full QWERTY keyboard that people would write text speak, but now, dude, you gotta full keyboard in your hands... USE IT!

Even on my 9-key phone I had, I attempted to spell things out just because I think a message comes out better if you don't have to try to figure out what what I was trying to say...a few abbreviations like you noted are acceptable (LOL, WTF, etc...) Shoot, I even got pretty fast at typing on a T9 keypad.

^ I NEVER use "text talk" even when texting. Ok, I use a few of them, like the more common OMG or WTF, but really, I spell out almost EVERY word. I could almost understand when phones didn't have a full QWERTY keyboard that people would write text speak, but now, dude, you gotta full keyboard in your hands... USE IT!

Quoted because it's the damn gospel! And the fact that I do too: the acronyms I do use are just holdouts from 15 years of internet chat, which is nearly always emoting by text.

I was the one who brought up the thing about SFGAm's Déjà vu at Silverwood, and I can't believe they don't agree that moving it will be a good thing for it. I rode it at SFGAm in 2005 and at Silverwood in 2008, 2009, and last year, and the improvement was significant! If those Déjà fanboys really had an emotional attachment to the ride, wouldn't they want the ride to be improved/fixed? Perhaps they should move to the northeast to be closer to it.

So Six Flags made an improvement on the flume and it is now awesome. So fast! Next year they will replace it with another new roller coaster I will not ride. FAIL SIX FLAGS...FAIL!!!! I think you should take out the spinning tube ride...that blows! Perhaps put the new roller coaster in one of the empty spaces and not take away anything. We really need more roller coasters that don't go upside down and aren't straight down like Bizarro.

I do that too! It drives me nuts sometimes though because when I'm messaging to non-Verizon and it goes over 160 characters, the extra characters get sent in a different message. Then I sit there for a few minutes deleting my signature, apostrophes, and changing "and" to & to get the message 160 chars. or less.

It really is good practice to avoid text speak as much as possible. I had a professor recently showing sample bad e-mails that students had sent that included lots of text-speak. The whole time I was horrified (but somehow not surprised) about the e-mails. I always at least double-check my e-mails to professors and other business professionals and revise if needed.