TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Exciting 2012 Coaster...

Which coaster(s) are you excited by?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Which coaster(s) are you excited by?

• Verbolten - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    • Verbolten - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    • X-Flight - Six Flags Great America
    • Superman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
    • Shambhala - PortAventura Park
    • OzIris - Parc Astérix
    • Divertical - Mirabilandia
    • Polar X-plorer - Legoland Billund
    • Skyrush - Hersheypark
    • Wodan - Europa Park
    • Stinger - Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
    • Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
    • Wild Eagle - Dollywood
    • Manta - SeaWorld San Diego
    • Apocalypse - Six Flags America
    • Swarm - Thorpe Park
    • Goliath - Six Flags New England
    • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom

Skyrush with Leviathan being a VERY close second. Then Superman: Ultimate Flight, followed by X-Flight. Whatever Dollywood is planning intrigues me a lot, but I'll refrain from passing judgement until it's announced. No matter what, 2012 looks to be an absolutely incredible year for new additions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't rank them, but here are some thoughts about rides that stand out:

Leviathan: I like speed. And airtime. And Millennium Force. And most hypers. Plus, it's a freakin' giga!

S:UF: I love Premier launchers, and this looks intense! Besides, it's the most accessible to me (disregarding TPR trips).

Verbolten: Nothing wrong with a quality "family" type coaster, especially if it's somewhat exciting, uses the terrain well, and has great theming.

Wild Eagle(?): If nothing else, this should have a lovely setting and some thoughtful theming elements. I've heard great things about Dollywood, and knowing how amazing SDC is, I trust the park has made a good investment here.

X-Flight: I'm eager to try out this type of ride, and I might not mind if it's tame considering I generally enjoy B&Ms.

SkyRush: It's unique, it's an Intamin, and it's at Hershey. Sounds good to me.

Hopefully, the new 340 foot giga at Knott's will be up before the world ends, probably not (probably never), and maybe Everland will get something exciting up to replace Eagle's Fortress in 2012 (probably 2013).

Other than that, Leviathan and Sky Rush interest me. They strike me as B & M trying to do an Intamin in Levi and vice versa with Skyrush. The wingrider at SFGAm looks great as well.

doesn't matter, the world is going to end next year anyways

I will not let the world end until Cedar Point puts up their 500 foot dive coaster into the tunnel under Lake Erie....

Personally I am looking forward to Verbolten, Leviathon, SkyRush, Superman Ultimate Flight, and X Flight the MOST but any new coaster I get all stomach achey like i ate too much sugar excited for....

I will not let the world end until Cedar Point puts up their 500 foot dive coaster into the tunnel under Lake Erie....

Something like that would be so awesome.

on topic: I'm very interested in Leviathan as it's the first try for B&M at a giga. But with that said, i hope they come up with a lift system that is quick like Force/I305s lifts.

But I'm also interested in Verbolten because of it's 'drop' element.

As excited I am for leviathan, I really wish they did something better for the lift. I mean on I305 that sudden launch-like ascent out of the station is one of the most exciting parts of the ride.

But my top 3 are definitely:

1. Leviathan

2. Parc Asterix inverter

3. X flight

B&M really hit the spot this year! And I'm sure whatever dolly gets will be amazing.

The only reason skyrush isn't on my list is because of that god forsaken no limits animation of the ride. I mean SERIOUSLY. It barely gave any insight on what the layout will be like. They didn't even bother to paint the coaster in the sim!

This seems like an unreal year, as if many park owners around the country yelled "Enough! We can't hold back on capex on longer, despite the lackluster economy."

Is it my fevered, foolish imagination, or are we seeing several years worth of new investment all crammed into 2012? It's much more than coasters - SoCal alone is getting Carsland and Transformers, either of which dwarfs the expenditure for any single new 2012 coaster. I can't remember a better crop of new attractions.

1. Leviathan

2. X-Flight

3. Parc Asterix invert (Even though I won't get to ride it in the foreseeable future I' m still excited about the idea of it and its general existence )

4. Sky Rush

5. Wild Eagle

I'm still unsure about Verbolten, it'll probably be great but I need to see more.

And I guess it's safe to say 2012 is shaping up to be B&M's year.