TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Exciting 2012 Coaster...

Which coaster(s) are you excited by?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Which coaster(s) are you excited by?

• Verbolten - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    • Verbolten - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    • X-Flight - Six Flags Great America
    • Superman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
    • Shambhala - PortAventura Park
    • OzIris - Parc Astérix
    • Divertical - Mirabilandia
    • Polar X-plorer - Legoland Billund
    • Skyrush - Hersheypark
    • Wodan - Europa Park
    • Stinger - Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
    • Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
    • Wild Eagle - Dollywood
    • Manta - SeaWorld San Diego
    • Apocalypse - Six Flags America
    • Swarm - Thorpe Park
    • Goliath - Six Flags New England
    • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom

Hey,

With a plethora of coasters coming next year, which coaster are you most excited about coming to next year? After searching I couldn't find a poll for the 2012 coasters (If one has been created please lock). I have limited it to Northern American and European parks since many people will never visit the Asian parks (I had real difficulty not including the Hi5 coaster at Happy Valley Wuhan). I think I have put all the main ones up, if not just say below.

I'm most excited about Swarm at Thorpe Park, because it is the only big coaster announced for the UK next year.

Thank you,

RollerCoasterSmith

Edited by RollerCoasterSmi

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I know the full details of Verbolten and Dollywood's coaster, I'll refrain from voting, but those might be among them (especially Dollywood's). Others I am excited by include...

Leviathan

SkyRush

Superman: Ultimate Flight

X-Flight

Ones I am likely to ride next year:

Leviathan (only if LeviaTHON trip happens)

Manta

Superman: Ultimate Flight

I voted Verbolten because it's closest to me, and the indoor part intrigues me. I tend to have a lot of fun with family coasters lately. (Spinning mice, mid-sized woodies, etc)

I am also excited about Apocalypse (I like the new colors, and it's another standup to add to my count), Dollywood's new coaster, X-Flight and Skyrush... In reverse order.

SFDK wins for biggest out-of-nowhere surprise. It's like Premier took the Maurer Skyloop and decided "yeah, we can do this better". That final non-inverted loop could be heaven or hell. Also, SFGAm. Great and long-awaited marquee addition and the only one I'm actually expecting to ride next year.

Dollywood and BGW have yet to fully take the covers off their projects though, so it doesn't seem fair to rate them yet.

And Leviathan... is it wrong to be underwhelmed? I dunno, I just expected more of B&M's first Giga. Why are they so afraid of overbanking?

While I did expect more from Leviathan, I still think it'll be the best addition in 2012 just because of the fact that it's the first B&M coaster to exceed 300ft. Skyrush is a very close second for the new seating arrangement, although I think it'll somewhat be similiar to B&M prototype seats, and the potentially amazing Intamin airtime.

And Leviathan... is it wrong to be underwhelmed? I dunno, I just expected more of B&M's first Giga. Why are they so afraid of overbanking?

Afraid of overbanking? Have you looked at the renderings of Leviathan?

Yeah, I'm apparently blind to the turnaround, but I watched the POV again and that's the only one... then again, Intimidator 305 has no overbanks and that's like experiencing nirvana, so I'm just gonna shut up.