TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2012 Trip Questionnaire!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primarily a five year lurker here but I must say it's very cool that you're planning to make it up to the Pac Northwest! Since I live in Seattle, I'll finally get a chance to participate in a TPR trip.

Our coaster pickings are really slim up here. However, Silverwood and Playland are definitely worth the trip (and Vancouver B.C. is a really fun city).

Hopefully you'll be able to swing a deal with the Puyallup fairgrounds to ride the woodie since the fair is only open twice a year in September and April. I'm going in two weeks. It's my end-of-the-summer ritual.

Wild Waves' (Enchanted Village) woodie is just ok: decent first drop, no airtime and very, very short. The Arrow corkscrew hurts like hell. They cycle you through twice unless you want to get off after the first cycle. I don't ride it anymore. I've suggested a few times that they tear it down and put an El Loco in it's place.

One question: what would be the cost breakdown (if you know yet) if I only want to do Silverwood, Playland and Wild Waves with no need for a hotel in Seattle?

One question: what would be the cost breakdown (if you know yet) if I only want to do Silverwood, Playland and Wild Waves with no need for a hotel in Seattle?

I'm not Robb or Elissa of course, but I can answer this one for you.

TPR trips are not setup where you can pay by the park or pick and choose what you want. It is one price for the whole trip and they can not offer discounts for people who can't make part of it. You are always welcome to meet up when the group is at a park, but you would not be able to participate in the trip perks (ERT, special tours, lunch, etc.).

Just imagine running a trip with 50-100 people and everyone was signed up for different parts of the trip and having to keep up with all of that.

And don't worry, there have been LOTS of people who have done TPR trips that end up going extremely close to where they live. A day or two into the trip and you will not even worry about it.

Edited by ernierocker

If I were to do one of the European trips, I would honestly take mainland over Italy. Italy is more of a country that I would want to visit on my own, and maybe do a theme park or two while I'm there. The parks on the mainland trip are too good to pass up.

Totally agree. I'm more interested in sightseeing in Italy and eating lots of great food and maybe go to Italy's biggest/best theme park (or two) but in the mainland of Europe I would definitely want to do Europa Park and Disneyland Paris. I've been to Port Aventura in Spain and love it and I'm interested in seeing more great European parks. Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach are also on my European bucket list although they are not mainland Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone who might have an answer.

I am SERIOUSLY interested in doing the mainland Europe trip as they are all parks I was planning to visit in the next few years either way. My question is as I'm in the UK, and already quite close to mainland Europe, and do not need transatlantic flights would the cost be less? Or is the price purely to cover park entry, accommodation and ground transport once in Europe?