TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride and Coaster Names

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Chill Snowcones and Race For the Fry at Cedar Point. COME ON, THOSE ARE AWESOME PUNS. But they aren't rides.. so maybe they don't count.

I have a recipe for a dish called Inverted Nachos- I should sell it to a park with an inverted coaster- that would be such a great name for a nearby snack cart!

Any coaster with a name like "Coaster" "Roller Coaster" and "Thrill Coaster" is funny because no creativity went into what is usually a huge investment for parks.

Most coaster that are called "Coaster" or "Rollercoaster" were built in the early coaster years when there was only 1 type of coaster about.....the Rollercoaster, so for them to be called Rollercoaster would be a huge investment!

But in saying that if a park named a coaster "Rollercoaster" that opened 1990+ then I would agree with what your saying!

Kingda Ka seems like a pretty cool name, that is until you look up the translation!! Kingda Ka is Swahili for either “lose your lunch” or “omigod, what a ride“!!

who'da thunk it?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/20/earlyshow/leisure/main696741.shtml

The name, says Axelrod, "roughly translates into 'lose your lunch' in Swahili.

And there's something said at the bottom of the report I really hope is true...

Ok Japan probably wins the most funniest coaster names ever!

Just to name a few...

Thunder Dolphin

Panic Drive

Birdmen (extinct)

Big Boom

Boogie-woogie space coaster One of the funniest ones I have heard

...and here is a RCDB exclusive:

Slope Car! Here is a pic of it!

1319659065_aaa-slopecar.jpg.b6ef98f8e0f73f728c91ed45f2f8d93b.jpg

I think the funniest name i "Kållerado" in Liseberg, Sweden. In English it means Colorado, but I think it looks so stupid, they have turned the way to spell it into Swedish.

The second funniest name i Bonbon lands "Klaptorsken", which means silly ass, and if you understand the name i Danish the theme is extremely funny

Pretty much any English translation of a Japanese coaster name is always interesting. Something like "Crazy Wild Speeding Bullet Car" usually results.

But for actual names: BORG Assimilator, Kingda Ka (especially considering it's actual translation ), and Moonsault Scramble.

I think the funniest name i "Kållerado" in Liseberg, Sweden. In English it means Colorado, but I think it looks so stupid, they have turned the way to spell it into Swedish.

It's actually a wordplay on the name Kålle, which is a nickname for the name Karl only used in Gothenburg. Kålle is also a character used in a set of Gothenburg-based jokes that are well known throughout Sweden.