TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indian Point Ballpark [RCT2]

So work's been slow (as usual) but I have Winter Break coming in mid-February so my intention is to finish the parkthen, go over it, put up a download, get some advice from NE veterans, and submit it. Here is just a short update with the new Go-Karts called Thunder Speedway and an unnamed chairlift that goes over most of the boardwalk area.

speedway.BMP

Thunder Speedway

speedway 2.BMP

More Thunder Speedway

speedway 3.BMP

Final angle of Thunder Speedway and the station for the chairlifts

mako 7.BMP

Mako's big bowl, a new garden-thingy on the path, and the chairlift above Mako

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^None of the park is peepable. If it was, it would be 10x as crowded as Times Square and empty in others parts. If the people had as much common sense as a Red Sox player (which is not much), they could find queues that actually do work for the rides. But the go-karts are not peepable: not a complete circuit.

Thanks for your comment

Edited by QueerRudie

No update for now, but I will get one up later today I think. I was looking at some NE winners and found many of them creatively name their workers. I was thinking about naming my workers after the greatest men to take the field in MLB history. Of course, Babe, Mantle, Ted Williams, Dimaggio, Gehrig, Aaron, etc. but I need more than 40 names. Any suggestions?

Also, I was planning on putting retired numbers on the outfield walls. I need 42 (for Jackie Robinson) and a couple others. Does that sound like a good idea?

Well, here is a list of people I think that could be potential names, but it is your decision (Yes, there are a lot. Also with them are the team they were inducted for)

Mean I think you should choose them cause they are AWESOME!

Ty Cobb-Detroit Tigers

Walter Johnson-Washington Senators

Babe Ruth-New York Yankees

Honus Wagner-Pittsburgh Pirates

Cy Young-Cleveland Spiders

Lou Gehrig-New York Yankees

Jimmie Foxx-Boston Red Sox

Mel Ott-New York Giants

Dizzy Dean-St. Louis Cardinals

Joe DiMaggio-New York Yankees

Jackie Robinson-Brooklyn Dodgers

Ted Williams-Boston Red Sox

Satchel Paige-Kansas City Monarchs

Yogi Berra-New York Yankees

Sandy Koufax-Los Angeles Dodgers

Roberto Clemente-Pittsburgh Pirates

Mickey Mantle-New York Yankees

Ralph Kiner-Pittsburgh Pirates

Willie Mays-San Francisco Giants

Al Kaline-Detroit Tigers

Bob Gibson-St. Louis Cardinals

Hank Aaron-Milwaukee Braves

Brooks Robinson-Baltimore Orioles

Harmon Killebrew-Minnesota Twins

Pee Wee Reese-Brooklyn Dodgers (Hehe)

Lou Brock-St. Louis Cardinals

Hoyt Wilhelm-Chicago White Sox

Willie McCovey-San Francisco Giants

Willie Stargell-Pittsburgh Pirates

Johnny Bench-Cincinnati Reds

Carl Yastrzemski-Boston Red Sox

Rod Carew-Minnesota Twins

Rollie Fingers-Oakland Athletics

Tom Seaver-New York Mets

Reggie Jackson-New York Yankees

Phil Rizzuto-New York Yankees

Richie Ashburn-Philadelphia Phillies

Mike Schmidt-Philadelphia Phillies

Phil Niekro-Atlanta Braves

Robin Yount-Milwaukee Brewers

Sparky Anderson-Cincinnati Reds

Carlton Fisk-Boston Red Sox

Bill Mazeroski-Pittsburgh Pirates

Kirby Puckett-Minnesota Twins

Dave Winfield-San Diego Padres

Ozzie Smith-St. Louis Cardinals

Eddie Murray-Baltimore Orioles

Dennis Eckersley-Oakland Athletics

Paul Molitor-Milwaukee Brewers

Wade Boggs-Boston Red Sox

Ryne Sandberg-Chicago Cubs

Tony Gwynn-San Diego Padres

Cal Ripken Jr.-Baltimore Orioles

Rickey Henderson-Oakland Athletics

Warren Spahn-Atlanta Braves

Here are some non hall of famers:

Roy Campanella

Darryl Strawberry

Dwight Gooden

Chipper Jones

Greg Maddux

Eddie Mathews

Roger Clemens

Barry Bonds (PLEASE USE HIM. HE IS A WONDERFUL AND TALENTED PLAYER)

Hope this helps. And numbers, 42 definitely, other numbers, you can use some guys' numbers on the list.

Edited by QueerRudie

^^^thats a pretty in-depth comment that would take me maybe 30 minutes to write. Most of those guys, I will be adding to the names of the handymen. I decided to name mechanics after pitchers, but there are about half a dozen mechanics so I have to stick with the best (Nolan Ryan, Cy Young, Marino Rivera, etc.). Also, I am naming the streets after the great managers. Here is an updated overview with some of the names for the handymen. The right side of the screen is blocked by the name-box but you can go back a couple pages for the overview and close-up on that area. 95% done:

overview names.BMP

Current overview with names

• 2 weeks later...

So close to being done...

Here's a pic with some work I've done over the past week. New to the area is Mount Vesuvius (probably spelled wrong here but correctly in the game). I also might need some help from someone to hack an Intamin for me (unless you think I should keep this park entirely out-of-the-box, any trainer/glitch free). I also might start to advertise on NE, expect a topic there to emerge for this park soon.

mt ves..BMP

Mount Vesuvius (drop-tower) and pitching cages

Lovin how this is turning out man!! Do see some of my ideas from Atlantic Adventures in here?? ie; the beach towels and the cabanas? haha

Either way it looks great and actually I see a few ideas I just might have to steal from you if you don't mind

My only thing I would change that I can see so far is the size of the volleyball net is waaaay to large if you going for peep scale. Especially sitting next to those cabanas. What I would use is the glass piece with the crisscrosses in it. If you don't know what I'm talking about I did it in my Atlantic Adventures park and only make it 1 tile. Also as far as the letters go on the O, I would take off the bottom 2 pieces on the sides to kind of round out the bottom as well. Other than that this is really great man. Love finding another NCS gamer like myself.

PS. What the heck is this 'glitch' that you can get the walls to be slanted??? I've never heard of that before and I'm sure it would come in handy. haha

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Lovin how this is turning out man!! Do see some of my ideas from Atlantic Adventures in here?? ie; the beach towels and the cabanas? haha

Either way it looks great and actually I see a few ideas I just might have to steal from you if you don't mind

My only thing I would change that I can see so far is the size of the volleyball net is waaaay to large if you going for peep scale. Especially sitting next to those cabanas. What I would use is the glass piece with the crisscrosses in it. If you don't know what I'm talking about I did it in my Atlantic Adventures park and only make it 1 tile. Also as far as the letters go on the O, I would take off the bottom 2 pieces on the sides to kind of round out the bottom as well. Other than that this is really great man. Love finding another NCS gamer like myself.

PS. What the heck is this 'glitch' that you can get the walls to be slanted??? I've never heard of that before and I'm sure it would come in handy. haha

Plenty of ideas come from your Atlantic Adventures, I feel like these 2 parks are competing for the NCSO crown here at TPR and for something at NE. Feel free to take any ideas of mine to your parks, I've already taken some of yours. The volleyball net you had I wasn't a fan of but mine is waaaaay out of proportion. I changed the "O" around, it did need some fixing.

This picture illustrates the in-game "hack" that I've used, I do not consider a real cheat because its in-game. Follow the directions from my picture and have fun with it. (Whenever increasing height, select the corner with the 2 highest lengths and move up. Whenever decreasing height, select the lowest corner with the 2 lowest lengths.)

SCR1.BMP

Follow instruction from left to right, the lowest you can make it is +10ft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for your comments. I'm happy you all went with #1 as I also believed that was the best one.

Why aren't you posting these screens at NE? They're fantastic! I think #1 is better because it makes the ride more thrilling.

What is this? Not on NE, so you say.

www.nedesigns.com/topic/25590/indian-point-ballpark/

Just started a forum for the park while watching the Cardinals at Marlins game and am going to advertise before I submit the park. Drop by and leave a positive comment (maybe I'll get some "street cred" at NE).

So I've been getting a lot of positive feedback at NE from veterans and tenderfoots alike. Here's a building I finished last night and only have a 5x15 area to fill and then I'm done with the park (finally). It overlooks the sea and is in the bottom of this picture. Any ideas as to what I should put there?

Seaside Restuarant.BMP

Seaside Restuarant, a really painful creation to make

^I guess I see what you mean but its suppose to be innovation yet feasible.

Submitted! Just finished up my last touches and submitted the park 5 minutes ago to NE. I figure it takes, what like 2 or 3 weeks until I find out my score? I submitted it as a Spotlight (min 50%). I'm going to post a full tour of the completed park and, once NE releases it, I will upload it on the Exchange here.

Thanks for everyone's support and words of encouragement.