TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indian Point Ballpark [RCT2]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your comments. The general consensus is the purple color for the stands so I'll stick with it.

Heres a pic of the left field bleachers. I need some opinions on the color for the wall all around the stadium. Here are the choices (first row left-to-right, then upper row left-to-right)

• Red
    Gray
    Turquoise
    Brick red
    Green
    Blue

wall colors.BMP

wall colors

^thanks for the comment, I need more people like you for suggestions.

Works been slow as a result of school and life but I've got a three-day weekend to work on it and procrastinate in school. So heres some work. The first is an idea for a scoreboard out in left field. The second is the placement

scoreboard.BMP

scoreboard, the inside is meaningless

placement.BMP

placement in the rocky area

Edited by QueerRudie

• 4 weeks later...

^Would have liked more comments then that...

School, sports, and such has been keeping me from these updates. So, I've decided that the city of Buffalo is not the best for the ballpark because I've always wanted to design a coastal beach/city. I've narrowed my new city choices to New Orleans, Jacksonville, Savannah, Mobile, Charleston, Annapolis, Virginia Beach, and Atlantic City. Let me know what you think or suggest a city.

Also, I have a quality piece of land by the ballpark but cannot decide what to put there. I'm thinking basketball courts, a parking garage, a soccer field, tennis courts, or a food place. Let me know if you have any suggestions (the pic is the last one).

Lastly, the second-to-last pic (Gate 6) has two sections of blank land to the left and right. I was thinking of using those places each as a water park/slide complex, wooden rollercoaster, batting cages, building, or park. I might as well say this now, I'm going to be designing a boardwalk in the remaining of land. Suggestions or ideas on what to out there is most appreciated.

shrimp 1.BMP

The Shrimp House, a coastal resturant on the beach

shrimp 2.BMP

same building, different perspective

gate 4 tickets.BMP

the complete Gate 4 and new ticket booth

crows nest.BMP

The back of the scoreboard and the store Crow's Nest by the beach

beach 1.BMP

The basic structure of the beach

gate 6.BMP

Gate 6 out in centerfield

what to do.BMP

What to do here?

Do you plan on submitting this to NE? I know people grumble when others ask that but I think this is accolade-quality, even with NCSO.

That big empty space doesn't necessarily need to be filled. Show what you can do with foliage, but keep it lowlying and manicured. As far as what city to use, I just would suggest not using New Orleans; you would need to really imply a different cultural aspect that wouldn't be very easy to do. Any other of the East Coast options would work fine, the Shrimp Shack makes me think Florida, as Virginia is more crab and shellfish oriented.

So, I've decided that the city of Buffalo is not the best for the ballpark because I've always wanted to design a coastal beach/city. I've narrowed my new city choices to New Orleans, Jacksonville, Savannah, Mobile, Charleston, Annapolis, Virginia Beach, and Atlantic City. Let me know what you think or suggest a city.

Annapolis just cried a bit... It's not on a coast- but rather, part of the Chesapeake Bay- and not really a beach/coastal community- yes, lots of water, but you'd be better off putting it along the Atlantic Seaboard... or better: none of your suggestions were West Coast destinations: For example, Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Vista Beach, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Portland, Seattle, etc. Monterrey would be a great place for a ball park, IMO.

Thanks everyone, means a lot to me that you enjoy my work.

About NE, its a bit early to be deciding anything but, if all goes well, I will submit it. Regardless of the result, prize or score, I'm just playing for the sake of getting people interested in the game and showing off my creativity (I hope to be an engineer of some kind, by the way).

As for the locations, I guess we can rule out New Orleans and Annapolis. I decided to not use any West coast because I only know the East. I'm leaning towards Savanha, Charleston, or Virginia Beach/Norfolk but we'll see, its not a pressing issue or anything.

As for that plot of land, I feel it necessary to construct some building. I could easily make a park or garden of some kind that looks fine but I really want to utilize the area well.

Last, don't expect updates on weekdays or, for that matter, every weekend. I might post a pic, ask a question, or some other third thing but full updates are hard now and take weeks of work. Come the holidays, I think I'll be done. Once again, thank you everyone for your response and comments, glad to see people showing an interest in my parks.

• 2 weeks later...

^thanks

Mini-update: I've added a slide complex by the beach called Riptide Slides. The pics below are relatively uncompleted but just showing some recent work. Let me know how the colors are for the slides, I can't decide if I like them.

riptide slipe 1.BMP

Riptide Slide Complex

riptide slide 2.BMP

Riptide Slide, with the finishing pool

riptide slide 3.BMP

Same slide, but the perspective from the field

ferris wheel.BMP

Built a ferris wheel in left-field overlooking the field

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

As promised, here is that big update. The park is almost done and I'll guess it will be done by Christmas about. I will be in the TPR Showdown so that might sideline the park for a week but this is priority #1 to finish soon.

gate 3.BMP

Overview of Gate 3 and surronding area, somewhat unfinished

underground parking.BMP

Underground parking lot (you'll remember this land is where I had difficultly deciding what to put here)

gardens.BMP

A pathway above some gardens and paths with some shops on the street side

hard rock cafe.BMP

Hard Rock Cafe, a reference to Yankee Stadium and, frankly, I love Classic Rock

hard rock cafe 2.BMP

More Hard Rock, and thats a heli-pad. Yes or no?

hard rock cafe 3.BMP

Placement of Hard Rock by Gate 5 and Subway Station

mako.BMP

A preview of what is to come, you saw this in the overview before: Presenting Mako