TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Behemoth & Leviathan

Yeah, BGW wanted to go with B&M like BGT, but I think B&M decided it was too much for them at the time. They were still pretty small back then and Kumba was easily the largest project they had ever done back at that point.

Yeah they couldn't take 2 projects cause they were so busy so they chose to give the Beemer to BGT. BGW got Drachen, which was replaced by AC.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The examples that come to my mind are

La Ronde adding an SLC when they already have a B&M Inverted,

Brean Leisure park adding different Wild Mice in 2004, 2006 & 2009 and advertising them as "New" every year.

Ocean Park adding a 2nd sit down Looper

None of these hold a candle to 2 B&M mega coasters in a row though.

Colossus Track 1

125 ft (38 m)

Drop 115 ft (35 m)

Length 4,325 ft (1,318 m)

Max speed 62 mph (100 km/h)

Colossus Track 2

125 ft (38 m)

Drop 115 ft (35 m)

Length 4,325 ft (1,318 m)

Max speed 62 mph (100 km/h)

In all seriousness, I cannot think of anything though.

lol.........any park that has dueling coasters. there's a few good examples in this thread (hershey with sr/fh and wc/lr, maaaaaybe sfmm with riddler and scream) but none hold a candle to leviathan/behemoth.

the best example i can think of is holiday world with their 3 woodies built in 1995, 2000, and 2006. but even that's a little different. i still can't wrap my mind around the decision to built two GIANT, EXPENSIVE, SIMILAR, hyper/giga coasters at the same park only 4 years apart. leviathan belongs at knotts. however, the addition of this fantastic-looking giga coaster is enough to make me want to trek on up to toronto from VA, and stop by niagra falls on the way.

After looking at the story of Behemoth and Leviathan I think it was a smart and innovative move for the park to install two similar coasters to kinda keep true to the story. I mean they were both designed from the same cloth so to speak in the bible and both were mighty beast. It was just one ruled the land and the other ruled the sea. Now what would be cool if they made a B&M flyer themed to the third monster "Ziz"! No wait better yet a wing rider due to the "large wing span" of the monster!

Jarvis "I totally get where CW went with this" Morant

Well vampire and Ednor are really not that similar. I found them to be quite different experiences. Same with the two at Hershey. In fact storm runner seems to be one of the most unique coasters I've come across IMO. While I've been on quite a few launch coasters, not many have taken you through elements that high up.

Here's a thought. Personally I love mf and nitro but am not a big fan of behemoth in comparison. This new coaster seems more like mf to me than behemoth (in layout not trains). So are they really that similar? Could it not be argued that leviathan is going to offer a fairly substantial different experience? Behemoth seems to do the same thing over and over which is great if you like that, but I'm more a fan of twists, turns and speed. Leviathan seems to cater to that crowd.

Just my thoughts

Another example is the wooden coasters at Mount Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. Three woodies (Cyclops, Pegasus, and Zeus) built in thee consecutive years (1995, 1996, and 1997, respectively) by the same company (Custom Coasters International). All three have one PTC train, but they are all colored differently. At least Leviathan isn't orange too...

As far as the Storm Runner/Fahrenheit comparison goes, in general the GP doesn't see them as too similar. I think they recognize the similarities (trains, track, color), but the WOW factor for both coasters is completely different. Every time a train for Fahrenheit ascends the lift, there is always a group of people staring up at it going "Wow, that's crazy!". The same thing happens every time a train is launched on Storm Runner; the GP gather around and stare.

Just my two cents

Another example is the wooden coasters at Mount Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. Three woodies (Cyclops, Pegasus, and Zeus) built in thee consecutive years (1995, 1996, and 1997, respectively) by the same company (Custom Coasters International). All three have one PTC train, but they are all colored differently. At least Leviathan isn't orange too...

As far as the Storm Runner/Fahrenheit comparison goes, in general the GP doesn't see them as too similar. I think they recognize the similarities (trains, track, color), but the WOW factor for both coasters is completely different. Every time a train for Fahrenheit ascends the lift, there is always a group of people staring up at it going "Wow, that's crazy!". The same thing happens every time a train is launched on Storm Runner; the GP gather around and stare.

Just my two cents

The Mt. Olympus woodies aren't really anything alike, based on layouts/stats*. Zeus is an out and back, Cyclops is a really short, compact coaster built for airtime, and Hades is mostly underground.

*I have never been to Mt. Olympus and am making this claim solely based on pictures and the stats listed on RCDB.

I figured I'd add the one I deleted earlier even though it isn't back to back...Viper and Texas Tornado at AstroWorld...two Schwarzkopf loopers that were right next to each other.

What about Wild Beast and Minebuster in the same park that started this discussion?

EDIT: Meh, someone beat me to it.

What about the two Wild Mouse coasters beside each other at Nagashima Spa Land in Japan? Both opened the same year, and are the same colour. I realize they are probably meant as dueling coasters, but not exactly what I would think of when it comes to a dueling coaster.

Just another crazy thought. What if 5 yrs from now they build the first 400ft b&m and they become known as a speciality park for this type of experience. Imagine someone coming to the park and starting with behemoth and working their way up to leviathan and then __________. That would be pretty unique in itself by having a trio of similar but increasing in intensity rides. The similarity is in essence what makes it unique. No other park could offer this experience.

Just another crazy thought. What if 5 yrs from now they build the first 400ft b&m and they become known as a speciality park for this type of experience. Imagine someone coming to the park and starting with behemoth and working their way up to leviathan and then __________. That would be pretty unique in itself by having a trio of similar but increasing in intensity rides. The similarity is in essence what makes it unique. No other park could offer this experience.

Would run out of both land and money.

They KIND of have that in Cedar Point from Magnum to Millennium Force to Top Thrill Dragster.

They KIND of have that in Cedar Point from Magnum to Millennium Force to Top Thrill Dragster.

True but they are all different types of rides there. At least I think magnum feels completely different than mf. And top thrill is well top thrill.

Not sure if you want to count this as they were carousels, not coasters but Santa Clara's Great America (Not sure if SF Great America had one as well) had actually 3 carousels...1 cartoon carousel, and 2 'major' carousels. Also not to mention, Yankee Clipper and Logger's Revenge, the 2 interlocking flume rides.

I'd like to see a park have a Boomerang, Invertigo and a GIB!

Not sure if you want to count this as they were carousels, not coasters but Santa Clara's Great America (Not sure if SF Great America had one as well) had actually 3 carousels...1 cartoon carousel, and 2 'major' carousels. Also not to mention, Yankee Clipper and Logger's Revenge, the 2 interlocking flume rides.

I'd like to see a park have a Boomerang, Invertigo and a GIB!

1. Cedar Point also has 3 carousels

2. SFNE could have a Boomerang, Invertigo, and a GIB

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the closest clone to the incredible hulk at universal? Seems like a rare ride no?

Only launching B&M (though the launch part was done by a different company).

Okay thanks. Kind of thought we might see a bigger scale one of these at wonderland.

Robb. Any plans to rate coasters on this site or only parks. Would be interested to see this community's top 10