TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Behemoth & Leviathan

Can you think of any other park, which has built two coasters back-to-back, that are so similar in style, manufacturer, stats, and cost, as these two are?

GO!

To give you some insight:

Behemoth -

B&M Hyper

Built 2008

Height - 230 feet

Length - 5318 feet

Speed - 77MPH

Drop Angle - 75 degrees

Cost - 26 Million (Canadian)

Leviathan-

B&M Giga

Built 2012

Height - 306 feet

Length - 5486

Speed - 92MPH

Drop Angle - 80 degrees

Cost - 28 million (US)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder if this coaster was originally intended for Knott's and had to get moved.

As for two parks that have gone such a similar route back-to-back ... I can't really think of one.

Closest I can think of is Ragin' Cajun and Dark Knight at SFGAm, but those were 4 years apart, and while both are mouse, they do offer different ride experiences.

Edited by Sir Clinksalot

Come on Robb, you posted this knowing the answer already...lol

I will say I bet we will see some really crafty "comparison" work being done. I cannot off the top of my head even think of 1 that's remotely close.

Look at Holiday World. 3 wooden coasters, all VASTLY different ride experiences. So much so, it separates GP and Enthusiasts alike into heated discussions about which is better.

But Im drawing a blank.

The GL thing - its like the HW thing I just wrote about. 2 similar ride types, but two vastly different ride experiences (loops vs corkscrews)

Riddler's Revenge 1998

B&M Standup

Length: 4370'

Height: 156'

Drop: 146'

Inversions: 6

Speed: 65 mph

Duration: 3:00

Elements:

124' tall Loop

Dive Loop

Dive Loop

Inclined Loop

Corkscrew

Corkscrew

Scream 2003

B&M Floorless

Length: 3985'

Height: 150'

Drop: 141'

Inversions: 7

Speed: 63 mph

Elements: 128' tall Loop

96' tall Dive Loop

Zero-G Roll

78' tall Cobra Roll

Interlocking Corkscrews

Also, for what it's worth, Scream and Leviathan are both parking lot coasters.

Edited by Jds03

Jack Rabbit (1921) and Pippin (1924) at Kennywood...essentially mirror images of each other, except the Pippin had bigger drops and the station was positioned differently. Obviously it doesn't apply anymore, but...

Riddler's Revenge 1998

B&M Standup

Length: 4370'

Height: 156'

Drop: 146'

Inversions: 6

Speed: 65 mph

Elements:

124' tall Loop

Dive Loop

Dive Loop

Inclined Loop

Corkscrew

Corkscrew

Scream 2003

B&M Floorless

Length: 3985'

Height: 150'

Drop: 141'

Inversions: 7

Speed: 63 mph

Elements: 128' tall Loop

96' tall Dive Loop

Zero-G Roll

78' tall Cobra Roll

Interlocking Corkscrews

Also, for what it's worth, Scream and Leviathan are both parking lot coasters.

I think one being a stand-up and the other being a traditional sit-down is enough of a difference to get SFMM off the hook for that one.

Maybe Storm Runner and Fahrenheit at Hersheypark?

They of course aren't nearly as similar as Behemoth/Leviathan, but they are both red/orange looping intamin coasters, with nearly identical restraints and trains, both with a vertical (or beyond vertical) ascent and descent, 2600ft/2700ft long, and built just 4 years apart. That's the closest example I can think of.

What's happening at sfne now, with flashback and now Deja Vu going there?

I think that's ridiculous... not because they feel the same but because if they're going to put that in then why not just remove Flashback... it makes Flashback completely pointless.

Maybe Storm Runner and Fahrenheit at Hersheypark?

They of course aren't nearly as similar as Behemoth/Leviathan, but they are both red/orange looping intamin coasters, with nearly identical restraints and trains, both with a vertical (or beyond vertical) ascent and descent, 2600ft/2700ft long, and built just 4 years apart. That's the closest example I can think of.

That's actually a really good example. Even though the launch vs lift clearly distinguishes both rides, The fact that they have similar colors, the exact same train and track and both feature an eye catching vertical up, vertical down top hat type element as a signature cause allot of GP to get confused because of the similarities. plus they were also four years apart

Canada's Wonderland did also built both Mighty Canadian Mindbuster and Wild Beast back in 1981 when the park opened.

Hershey has Wildcat and both Lightning Racers so three there.

Kings Dominion has Hurler and Grizzly, granted they were built more than a decade apart.

I don't totally understand all the HW Water Park comparisons.

Have you guys been on master blaster/launched slides before? Think about at Schlitterbahn; Family Blaster (family raft ride) and the other tube blasters are SOOO different, even have different height restrictions. The boats are very different as is the slide experience.

Going back to the COASTER discussion here, Behemoth and Leviathan are WAY more similar than two waterpark slides.

EDIT

^Wild Cat and Lightning Racer is the best example I think we've seen in this thread so far! But even there, at least even though all three separately are the same rides, Lightning Racer has a totally different experience with the dueling and racing aspect.

Edited by SharkTums