TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

~Riverfront Amusement Park~ Floods[RCT3]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the colors on Grizzly- very good in complimenting the forest location. I would, however, consider this: Make the whole coaster consistant color wise- the columns and dark track look great in a forest situation (Blends very well) which tends to add a visual 'plus' to any forest coaster. The lake under the screw is brilliant- and gives an edge to the detail that is splendid.

Nice Job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow! Has it really been since September? I would like to apologize for the lack of updates, school and life got in the way. I would also like to thank everyone who has commented/criticized, it does mean a lot.

Onto the update....

July 2nd, 1984.

It is the 4th of July weekend and the park is booming! Attendance has gone up, as well as the temperature, and it was especially crowded today. 2 hour wait for Grizzly!

It is well worth the wait though.... actually somewhat worth it.

Grizzly is to thank for the major attendance boost.

But Sasquatch still has the most forceful loop in the park. All hail Anton!

After Sasquatch, I grabbed a quick snack at the Adventurer's Snack Bar.

It was delish! After, I decided to check on Rivercat. It has seen a drastic decrease in ridership... To the point where they can run one train in the peak of the summer season, and only have a 20 min wait. It's sad really

Some good new though: Riverfront was awarded the most beautiful park in Northern California!

More next time!

I love this park so far!

I'll be sure to keep checking this thread.

Thank you

My favorite ride is Rivercat. I'd stay there all day.

Thanks for the comment, and me too

Great job! Looks like it'd be a fun park!

Thankk you very much

Disaster Strikes Local Sacramento Amusement Park!

The Sacramento Bee

August 5th, 1984

Today, at Riverfront Amusement Park, a 15 year old boy fell out on the Sasquatch roller coaster and plummeted to his death.

It is not known whether it was the rider's fault or the restraint not being secured properly, but the family is filing a lawsuit again the park,

stating: "the ride is not safe."

The ride will be shut down for the rest of the summer season, as park officials stated the ride will undergo necessary safety

inspections before opening back to the public. The park wants the ride to reopen to the public, hopefully, by next summer.

Thanks for the replies everyone! It was a tragic accident

It is the last week of the 1984 season, and it was a great one.... minus the Sasquatch accident. I had an overall pretty good day. Got my rides on everything I wanted... except Sasquatch

August 11th, 1984.

I decided to do my usual park run, which is to run over to Grizzly and slowly make my way over to Rivercat.

I love it's airtime pop over the water

I decided to pass on Stinger, it makes me sick, and walk on over to Sasquatch, it's sad seeing it closed down

I decided to hit Skywheel, even though it terrifies me...

I hit up Swashbuckler next, which is the best flat in the park, imo.

And to conclude the day, here's the classic Rivercat shot with a new fountain!

It really completes the ride now.

One last look at Main Street, and it's goodbye to Riverfront for now

And here is the 1984 park map

And an aerial of Grizzly

Well that concluded my covering of the 1984 season! Sadly, I can't make it to closing day in 6 days. But I will see you all next year! Goodbye.... for now

Another Lawsuit Hits Riverfront

August 15th, 1984.

The Sacramento Bee.

Another lawsuit hits local Riverfront Amusement Park, second one this month. Today, on the first ride

on the ride Seabreeze Swings, 5 riders were hit in the face with a tree branch. They suffered severe

cuts and wounds on their face and were sent to the local hospital. The families are all opening a lawsuit

against the park stating they need to focus more on safety.

This does not look good for the parks reputation. Two weeks ago a rider fell out of Sasquatch and died,

and was confirmed it was the ride attendant's fault.

GEEZ! This park has a lotta issues. Ride attendants these days (not the ones I know). But this is a great park and I really hope that we don't see any more rides close because this is a great park and that is the last thing this park. Keep up the good work, cut your trees better, and re-train your attendants and have a great day!

December 26th, 1984 - December 29th, 1984.

On the eve of December 26th, a massive storm system swept through the Sacramento region bringing torrential downpours and massive flooding.

Rivercat's turn over the water was damaged beyond repair, when the water levels returned to a safe level, the turn was quickly removed. The park was planning on repairing the turn, but another round of storms raised water levels again...

Since the park did not install a water pump system in the main pond, that area suffered many flooding. Many buildings were flooded and trees were ripped out. Lakeside Scatabout and Grand Carousel were the major victims, they were damaged heavily and are in the process of being removed. Luckily, Sky Wheel and Chute for the Skies were spared.

January 14th, 1985.

16 Days after the storm, the park is finally cleaning up the mess. Grand Carousel is making its way out

Same goes for Lakeside Scatabout

Chute for the Skies and Sky Wheel have been repaired and cleaned up.

Today is January 18th, 1985. The owner of the park filed for bankruptcy today, the park will be closing down for an unknown period of time.

Good news out of this? There is already an interested buyer, we just don't know if he'll make a move on the park.

See you next time. Maybe? ...

GEEZ! This park has a lotta issues. Ride attendants these days (not the ones I know). But this is a great park and I really hope that we don't see any more rides close because this is a great park and that is the last thing this park. Keep up the good work, cut your trees better, and re-train your attendants and have a great day!

Hey! I'm a ride Attendant!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I'm a ride Attendant!!!

Sorry, I did not know that. Lol