TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ride Bucket List

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some rides that I want to ride in my life before I die. Are these fun rides in your opinion?

Firehawk, Kings island.

Slingshot, any park.

Sky coaster/ xtremeskyflyer, any park.

Skyscraper, any park.

Power surge ride, any park where the base spins.

Air race ride, where the duration is long.

La boule ( slingshot type ride), foire du trône.

Reverse bungy singapore or Boracay.

X2 roller coaster, six flags california.

Top scan, any park.

Top spin, any park.

Vomatron, any park.

Are these rides good in your opinion? Would you ride them again?

Expedition Ge-Force

Nemisis

Kawesemi

Dodanpa

Piraten

Taron

Dragon Khan

Bizzaro/Superman whatever it's called

Wicked Cyclone

Twisted Colossus

Outlaw Run

NTAG

Kumba

Montu

El Toro

Balder

Steel Medusa

My highest are:

Expedition GeForce

New Texas Giant

Fury 325

Pyrenees

Shambhala

Anaconda (Gold Reef City)

Flying Aces

Dragon Khan

Skycar (Mysterious Island)

Sky Scrapper

Outlaw Run

Wood Coaster (Knight Valley)

Lightning Rod

Ravine Flyer 2

Rampage

Tremors / Timber Terror

Troy

Also, in a whole different category than 'quality', I have an affinity for obscure rides. Like, Wild Train (Austria), Diving Machine G5 (Taiwan), Tree Topper (Nova Scotia), Montezum (Hopi Hari), Animal Coaster (Indonesia), Nefeskesen (Turkey), Nitro (India) and Lightning (Kuwait). These are all freakishly high on my hitlist.

Right now, It's the Peter Pan and POTC attractions in Shanghai Disneyland; the Alice In Wonderland attraction in TDL;

FROZEN at TDS; everything else at the Tokyo Disney Resort. By 2023.

Everything coming up at WDW - maybe 2020?

I'm pretty sure we'll get to see it, and experience it all.

777563138_ResizeofIMG_2690.JPG.bd3ddf3451d70e6f9efaf2fa98be411d.JPG

Us and The Castle, TPR 2013 Japan Tour ~ Next Return Visit: 2017!

Here are some rides that I want to ride in my life before I die. Are these fun rides in your opinion?

Firehawk, Kings island.

Slingshot, any park.

Sky coaster/ xtremeskyflyer, any park.

Skyscraper, any park.

Power surge ride, any park where the base spins.

Air race ride, where the duration is long.

La boule ( slingshot type ride), foire du trône.

Reverse bungy singapore or Boracay.

X2 roller coaster, six flags california.

Top scan, any park.

Top spin, any park.

Vomatron, any park.

Are these rides good in your opinion? Would you ride them again?

I can speak for the bolded ones:

-Slingshot: Depends on the type of sling. The ones that use actual bungees are much more intense than the spring tension ones, but the spring ones still have some decent force.

-Skycoasters: Quite fun. The little bit of freefall before you catch and swing is a nice sensation. There's also a big variety of sizes and locations that can add new thrills to them.

-Skyscraper: Again, pretty fun. The arms generally spin fast enough to prevent any major whipping, which does make them a tad tame for me, but still solid.

-X/X2: Old school 4Ds are pretty funky and fun, although they can be pretty rough. The closer you are to the front, the better the ride. The first drop in the front seat is still one of my all time favorite coaster moments.

-Top Scan: I went on my first one at Oktoberfest this year...it ended up becoming my favorite flat ride ever. Amazingly intense, extremely disorienting, and will leave your head spinning for several minutes.

-Top Spin: Entirely depends on the operator. Given the ride is often manually operated, a skilled hand could mean the difference between an okay ride and an insane one. So if you get on one that's not very good, don't be too let down.

• 7 months later...

This is my list for US coasters only. Until I grow up and get a job and pay my own way, I don't see my family taking me out of the US.

1. Fury 325

2. Lightning Rod

3. Sky Rush

4. Outlaw Run

5. Boulder Dash

6. X2

7. Valravn

8. Twisted Colossus

9. Joker SFDK

10. Mako/Manta/Kraken

Outlaw Run

Wildfire

Lightning Run

NTAG

Iron Rattler

Wicked Cyclone

Twisted Colossus

El Toro

Nitro

Expedition GeForce

Expedition Everest

Balder

T Express

Kawasemi

Bizzaro/Superman

Nemesis

..just to name a few..

Why does Nemesis keep coming up. Yeah, it is a good ride but it certainly does not beat the RMC collection or Mack, and the ride is simply too short to be good enough. Also the harness' are different to the usual B&M harnesses, which means that when head banging occurs (which it does) it is more painful than it should be. Honestly, the harnesses are ROCK solid, no sponginess at all!

All the RMCs, originals and Iron Horse conversions

All the Intamin MegaLites

El Toro

Nemesis

Ultra Twister (Rusutsu Resort)

Dodonpa

X2

Boulder Dash

Balder

Blue Fire

Maverick

Cheetah Hunt

Phoenix

Flying Turns

Bizarro (SFNE)

Jack Rabbit (Kennywood)

Phantom's Revenge

The Beast

Also, everything at Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, and Phantasialand.

Why does Nemesis keep coming up. Yeah, it is a good ride but it certainly does not beat the RMC collection or Mack, and the ride is simply too short to be good enough. Also the harness' are different to the usual B&M harnesses, which means that when head banging occurs (which it does) it is more painful than it should be. Honestly, the harnesses are ROCK solid, no sponginess at all!

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about Nemesis. It's been consistently ranked higher than 12 every single year on the Mitch poll and most people prefer the old school restraints anyways. It's on my personal wish list too and for good reason.

USA

1) Fury 325

2) Lightning Rod

3) Outlaw Run

4) New Texas Giant

5) Iron Rattler

6) Joker (SFDK)

7) Twisted Colossus

8) Storm Chaser

9) Banshee

10) Valravn

Outside USA

1) Expedition GeForce

2) Blue Fire

3) Balder

4) Goliath

5) Medusa Steel Coaster

6) Helix

7) Lost Gravity

8) Shambhala

9) Troy

10) Schwur des Kärnan

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about Nemesis. It's been consistently ranked higher than 12 every single year on the Mitch poll and most people prefer the old school restraints anyways. It's on my personal wish list too and for good reason.

Nah, I prefer those type of restraints to the modern best ones like Swarm, but these ones are coated in a solid white paint. Rankings are not the most important thing, Helix is an awesome coaster and has not been up there. Don't get me wrong it is a great ride, but not a bucket list ride.

USA

1) Fury 325

2) Lightning Rod

3) Outlaw Run

4) New Texas Giant

5) Iron Rattler

6) Joker (SFDK)

7) Twisted Colossus

8) Storm Chaser

9) Banshee

10) Valravn

Outside USA

1) Expedition GeForce

2) Blue Fire

3) Balder

4) Goliath

5) Medusa Steel Coaster

6) Helix

7) Lost Gravity

8) Shambhala

9) Troy

10) Schwur des Kärnan

Yes! Yes! Yes! Perfect list of some of the best rides out there. I would only make two small adjustments and replace Triy withFirmula Rissa and medusa with Wildfire.

There's only a handful of North American coasters that remain on my bucket list now!

Steel

Expedition GeForce

iSpeed

Any Mega Lite

Taron

Flying Aces

Joker (SFDK)

Goliath (Walibi Holland)

Helix

Coaster Through the Clouds (Giant Intamin Mega in China)

Phantom's Revenge

Wood

Lightning Rod

T Express

Wildfire

Balder

Mountain Flyer (China GCI)

Colossos

Viper (China GCI)

Some random Chinese Gravity Groups

Nah, I prefer those type of restraints to the modern best ones like Swarm, but these ones are coated in a solid white paint. Rankings are not the most important thing, Helix is an awesome coaster and has not been up there. Don't get me wrong it is a great ride, but not a bucket list ride.

Nemesis is on my personal bucket list because of awesome theming, being an incredible park, and the fact that if I'm riding it, then I'm in England! Making a trip to the British Isles is a bucket list item for me in itself.

Nemesis is on my personal bucket list because of awesome theming, being an incredible park, and the fact that if I'm riding it, then I'm in England! Making a trip to the British Isles is a bucket list item for me in itself.

image.jpg.754583e95aad033734182e9af2c969c5.jpg

England

image.thumb.jpg.c58271ba4a5a1d11c03a2788731a4240.jpg

Vs a picture I literally just took out of the window of my cabin. The Lofoten Islands rock!

PUNS

My bucket list:

Any Intamin Bobsled

Nemesis

Smiler

Montzooma's Revenge

All coasters at Kentucky Kingdom

Mindbender at SFOG

Shockwave at SFOT

Lightning Rod (assuming it opens)

Togo pipeline coaster

Raging Bull (I might finally get this one next week!)

Kingda Ka

Skull Mountain

Cyclone at Coney Island