• accelerate
    • Mochtroid
    • piggy4891
    • CarolinaCoasterFreak
    • zspaw
    • aueft
    • rct2Day

Greetings Fellow Park Managers!

After a slight delay due to some issues with the W.A.B.A.C. machine (I've been doing some shopping... more on that next week!) it's time to vote for the winner of the TPR Peabody's Lake Challenge. I will say some of our entrants did quite well at preserving the park the way it was intended, and a few, well, oops.

Here's the entrants to our challenge this time through!

Entry #1: AJClarke

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

Entry #2: Kraken & Manta

SCR3.BMP

SCR4.BMP

Entry #3: MrSum 1_55

SCR5.BMP

SCR6.BMP

Entry #4: Scottian

SCR7.BMP

SCR8.BMP

Entry #5: accelerate

SCR9.BMP

SCR10.BMP

Entry #6: Mochtroid

SCR11.BMP

SCR12.BMP

Entry #7: Piggy4891

SCR13.BMP

SCR14.BMP

Entry #8: CarolinaCoasterFreak

SCR15.BMP

SCR16.BMP

Entry #9: zspaw

SCR17.BMP

SCR18.BMP

Entry #10: aueft

SCR19.BMP

SCR20.BMP

Entry #11: rct2day

SCR21.BMP

SCR22.BMP

Now, go and vote. Oh- Did I tell you? I've been on the W.A.B.A.C. machine again- and I'm thinking that I'd like to see what some of you can do with a steel coaster REALLY soon!

C.P.M.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for CarolinaCoasterFreak and RCT2Day. Both were well though out parks and the use of the scenery was amazing. Great job you guys and keep up the good and hard work.

Jimmy "You guys are so freaking awesome" Bo

I voted for CarolinaCoasterFreak and RCT2Day. Both were well though out parks and the use of the scenery was amazing. Great job you guys and keep up the good and hard work.

Jimmy "You guys are so freaking awesome" Bo

Thanks JimmyBo, I had a ball with this. And you're right, it was thought out .Wish I did have a few more days. I had several other ideas. Which brings me to the question ... Wasn't the deadline JUly 25th? I wanted to check out RCT2Day's park, because I didn't remember it being submitted by the 25th. And noticed it wasn't even uploaded til August 2nd??? So how is his entry even permitted??

Don't get me wrong , his park is awesome with a capital A!! But he or she had an extra week over the rest of us?

CrazyParkManager or Queerrudie care to elaborate?

Thanks everyone for the votes, a lot of great entries for this challenge.

^This has all been cleared up with QueerRudie. I submitted mine before the deadline with pictures of the park (one of which was a picture of my park completed with the scenario completition record). However, the one i uploaded to the exchange was the wrong one. QueerRudie PMed me several days ago saying I submitted the wrong entry. I sent him my completed entry and that is what is currently on the exchange. He accepted it and that leads us to where we stand today.

Just a mistake on my part in my upload, but I promise you it was done before the deadline according to all rules.

He did NOT get an extra week to finish. I have verified that the park he submitted was in fact, his first try- When he decided to re-do the level (WITHIN THE ALLOTTED TIME OF THE GAME!) he uploaded the wrong park. He DID submit the right picture, though. When I looked at the picture and the park he submitted, they match up.

I think by now everyone here will realize that I don't tolerate cheating on any grounds or levels- and I'm not going to give unfair advantage to any one person, park or memeber for that matter.

End of discussion-

Thanks for the clearing up on the subject QueerRudie. And already looking forward to the next challenge!! I know who my competitors are now! Its looking like Kraken and Manta and RCT2Day should take home the bags of crap, so congrats guys! Great job!

And just wanted to say I was very partial to my dueling Jousting coaster, probably a little too much! It really cost me a lot of rct years in game. Wanted the timing just right when each horse faced off in my little jousting area! In the end though, I think I did pretty good. But once again, congrats guys!!

^I think I made the same mistake with my Black Knight coaster. The ride had a 10.32 excitment, and cost over $50,000 to build. The ride could run three trains with no stopping on any blocks, and the queue typically had 150+ people waiting. Dispite being able to eat through 2800 riders per hour, it only made back $35,000 by the end of the game. (Probably should have charged more to ride!) Rebellion (B&M Floorless) cost around $35,000-40,000, but it did make back its investment, considering it was the first major coaster I built.

The main problem with my park was its density. I really wanted to build more buildings, but, by the end of the game, my park was just too dense. Few areas remain untouched by a coaster, tree, or ride. The only real buildings that were finished were ride stations. A couple things I am proud of is a consistant 999 park rating, and having the most exciting coaster of all the entries. (I had that honor in the last contest, though. Too bad there is no prize for that!)

RCT2day, though, really was great.

I was too glorified in my great wooden coasters. Lancelot costed $120,000 to build and has 9's in excitement with hundreds of people queuing. Excalibur was honestly a great layout design with the unique beginning and tight footprint, but I let the game sit there too long with those two rides. In the end, I rushed Onager, the Go-Karts, and many other rides. Everyone else has awesome parks that extend far into the other spaces, whereas mine has that entire zone empty because I wasted money on buying my own for aesthetic purposes (I really wanted a terrain woodie).

Some day though, I'm going to have to fix my mixed "classic/realistic" style and opt for the entirely realistic (bigger paths, anyone?). That's why RCT2day's is fantastic...the paths are large like a real park and everything isn't shoehorned like Morey's Pier...it's spread like a park that actually has a scenic lake.

Thanks for the clearing up on the subject QueerRudie. And already looking forward to the next challenge!! I know who my competitors are now! Its looking like Kraken and Manta and RCT2Day should take home the bags of crap, so congrats guys! Great job!

And just wanted to say I was very partial to my dueling Jousting coaster, probably a little too much! It really cost me a lot of rct years in game. Wanted the timing just right when each horse faced off in my little jousting area! In the end though, I think I did pretty good. But once again, congrats guys!!

Ahhh- Remember what I said when I setup the contest? ONE popular vote winner- and I shall select one winner on my own! So don't rule out a fantastic TPR Bag Of Crap yet- you might just be pleasantly surprised in the end!

I will begin reviewing parks over the next few days, and when voting ends next Tuesday night, I shall announce the two winners...

Oh- and before I forget again... I recently found a brochure for a German coaster manufacturer, and I'm thinking I'd like to see what our RIDE DESIGNERS out there will be able to do with my ideas- I'll have more on that next week!

C.P.M.

Ahhh- Remember what I said when I setup the contest? ONE popular vote winner- and I shall select one winner on my own! So don't rule out a fantastic TPR Bag Of Crap yet- you might just be pleasantly surprised in the end!

That's Great news CPM!! To know I still have a slim chance at a TPR bag of crap More anticipation! I love it!!

We have WINNERS!

Congratulations go to Kraken&Manta, for winning this TPR challenge by practical vote! Outstanding efforts all around on that.

And...

I have selected my own winner for the park that came closest to what i'd intended with it in the beginning- zspaw!

Now why did zspaw win, Well: There are four factors that were necessary to look at- and all competitiors were judged by it:

1.) Kept within the theme of the Medival area, and did not add modernism or other unrealistic elements.

2.) Did not remove a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop coaster (that's for my friend R.D.)

3.) Maintained a color balance throughout the park

4.) Added attractions that fit the scale of the park.

Congratulations to both our winners- Please send a message to QueerRudie with your name, address and related!

As for next Monday: It's time for you to pull out your NoLimits simulations: The next TPR Challenge will start on Monday... and I'm quite interested to see just well you can recreate a great German coaster...

C.P.M.