TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's North East USA Tour Official Report!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This park has SOOOO much potential it is not funny. I sits on this beautiful lake that they could do so much with. I think my favorite moment was being out waiting for the drop ride over looking the water. The area over near Goliath, the swings, the SLC, and Dragon was beautiful - very well themed and clean. The area over near the stand up one was falling apart and needed to be weeded bad! I was kinda scared walking up to the stand up because how bad it looked. The SLC was fun being over the water and I really enjoyed the right side of Le Monstre.

Seems like the Boomerang coaster is closed often.. One of my friends went to the park this year and also said it was closed. Also, remember that incident from last summer when the restraints popped up open in the middle of the ride? http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56209

By the way, I really hate that SLC ride Ednor. I'm not a fan of Vekoma coasters.. but this ride is NOT smooth at all. Anyways, I remember not having fun riding it.

I like the Goliath. Not the best coaster ever, but airtime is fun and the view is nice!

By the way, I really hate that SLC ride Ednor. I'm not a fan of Vekoma coasters.. but this ride is NOT smooth at all. Anyways, I remember not having fun riding it.

It's really a shame. In Ednör's previous life as Serial Thriller at Astroworld it was one of the smoothest SLCs around. Now, after the move, it is just downright brutal (although flying over the water with the mist and water cannons is pretty cool).

It's really a shame. In Ednör's previous life as Serial Thriller at Astroworld it was one of the smoothest SLCs around. Now, after the move, it is just downright brutal (although flying over the water with the mist and water cannons is pretty cool).

Well last year when it opened, it ran pretty smoothly for an SLC but this year it's really terrible...I rode it back in may and it was rough as hell !

Rode it on two different visits to Astroworld. It was by far one of the worst SLCs out there.

I guess I must've caught it on a good night or sat in just the right place the one time I rode it in 2003. Either that, or my concussion from riding in the back row of the Texas Cyclone beforehand has altered my memories. Having just ridden the Mind Erasers at Elitch Gardens, SFA, and SFNE I went on the ride expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised.

Count me in as one that wasn't really that impressed with La Ronde (visit was a few years ago) - lots of potential, but very mediocre rides with bad operations. I had way more fun on St. Catherine's St the night before!

Of course, if I would have known they had shots and mixed drinks, it might have been a lot more fun. I do remember that Le Boomerang and Menage'a'Trois were both closed when we were there so there wasn't a whole lot going on in that section of the park.

My funnest memory of La Ronde was driving Michael nuts by calling everything Le ______.

Okay, how did you get all that alcohol into Canada for the International Drink Exchange? I'm assuming you guys bought it in the states and not in Canada where they tax alcohol heavily. Do they not bother searching tour buses like they search cars? When I crossed into BC from WA last November with my car with CA plates they did full cavity search of my car though they only confiscated a single apple (I didn't have alcohol in my car though).

On another note was La Ronde the last day of the NE trip before Road to Cedar Point or is their more to come? I'm digging all the pics and videos so far and the drunkeness of TPR's newest star, Piers

The final "official" day of the TPR North East Trip! A visit to The Great Escape, and then one of the most "accidentally funny" moments at Magic Forest Amusement Park. Be sure to read though this ENTIRE update!

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=164&linkid=10912

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Great_Escape/TPRs_North_East_2011_Tour/292046_10150305310558566_194340658565_7891219_7033781_n.jpg

TPR had an awesome time at BOTH parks! Read through the update and then...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

I really enjoy reading these TRs. Makes me really want to go on a TPR trip so badly. Where are you guys going next year? Can't wait for the Road to Cedar Point TR. Just out of curiosity, what made you guys skip Darien Lake (was it way out of the way or just not worth going to)?

^ We really weren't anywhere near Darien Lake on this trip. The closest to Darien Lake we would have been on this trip would have been about 250 miles away when we were in Pittsburgh. A bit too far out of the way to make a stop.

Great Escape was a nice surprise and ended up being one of my favourite parks of the North East trip. And I loved Magic Forest! Nestled in the trees with all the old school rides...it would be a great place to take your kids.

Great Escape was a totally unexpected awesome little park and the Comet was actually quite awesome. We also need to talk about the randomness and only bit of theming that was on the log flume... the lumberjack and his big "tree trunk" strategically placed. Still cracks me up thinking about it.

Also I just want to say that the overall theme of this trip seemed like it was unexpected awesome smaller parks that were tons of fun.

Great Escape was a totally unexpected awesome little park and the Comet was actually quite awesome. We also need to talk about the randomness and only bit of theming that was on the log flume... the lumberjack and his big "tree trunk" strategically placed. Still cracks me up thinking about it.

Also I just want to say that the overall theme of this trip seemed like it was unexpected awesome smaller parks that were tons of fun.

OMG yes, that lumberjack was hilarious. Then I was water bombed. I completely loved great escape. It really didn't feel like big corporate park, I just wanted to go and check out all the little fairy tale stuff.

I also want to borrow a kid just to go back to magic forest and take pictures of the nightmare inducing statues.

^ We really weren't anywhere near Darien Lake on this trip. The closest to Darien Lake we would have been on this trip would have been about 250 miles away when we were in Pittsburgh. A bit too far out of the way to make a stop.

That makes sense. At first I thought since Darien Lake was in NY it would closer to the other NE parks but then I saw how far out it was in Western NY on Google Maps (closer to Toronto then anything else). It shows you how much I know about NY and the NE I need to visit that part of the country sometime.