TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's North East USA Tour Official Report!

I got home earlier this afternoon. I'm utterly exhausted but in such a good way.

Just want to say I had a FABULOUS time on this trip and can't wait to go on another TPR trip... Robb and Elissa -- your organizational skills are top notch....and you were always calm under pressure (at least from my vantage point!).

Hope you all are having a GREAT time at Great Adventure and enjoy the road to Cedar Point..

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This was probably the best TPR news piece I've seen.. I love the writing and angle the reporter put on the story. There is a bunch of quotable stuff in their like "their addiction burned through relationships", "They meet in the alleys underneath the rides", "rock star access" or "the civilians watch the hardcore at work".

Chris "My Rehab is Themeparkreview.com" Connolly

That video was awesome!!

Looks like you guys are having an amazing time! And when I saw on Facebook that you had pitch black nighttime ERT on the best wooden coaster in the world, I think I drooled a little.....then cried a little since I wasn't there! Those rides on El Toro had to be EPIC!!!

Lake Compounce:

I've wanted to ride Boulder Dash ever since I saw it on Bert the Conqueror. I had never heard of Lake Compounce before that episode but it made me look it up on the internet and then I came onto this website more often (first as a lurker, then I joined in June). I love terrain coasters and wish they were more of them. I feel that not being able to see the complete layout adds to the thrill element and riding through all that lush scenery adds to the enjoyment of the ride. I also heard that Lake Compounce gives free fountain sodas just like Holiday World - how cool!

How much money did Piers spend on alcohol on that NE trip He reminds me of my friend Mikko I had in college who was from Finland who also drank like crazy although he wasn't gay.

SFNE:

I'll have to ride Bizarro one day to see how good it is. I also saw this one on Bert and he said it isn't the tallest or the fastest coaster but it's the best. I'd love to see a TPR/Bert the Conqueror crossover, I wonder if he is aware of TPR. I also agree that Travel Channel should pay Robb for his POV footage of coasters, or better yet hire him for a show or special (as long as he's still able to keep TPR up and running).

TPR on Philly NBC News:

Great report on TPR rather than just being about the park they visited. You can tell this is a big city station by the reporting they did - it almost sounded like it was for Dateline NBC . My only problem is they should have shown more Great Adventure footage instead of showing several clips of Green Lantern First Flight at SFMM. And I wish I could find a girl like that one you call Spears (what is her real/TPR name btw?) who likes to reride coasters multiple times

Everybody have fun at KI today. As a shameless plug, dont forget to say hi...I'll try to get sent to a coaster crew, but knowing my luck I'll be stuck at Monster/Scrambler/Dodgems as always....Hope to see you guys there. Its been years since you rolled through on your last Midwest tour!

-Jared

Everybody have fun at KI today. As a shameless plug, dont forget to say hi...I'll try to get sent to a coaster crew, but knowing my luck I'll be stuck at Monster/Scrambler/Dodgems as always....Hope to see you guys there. Its been years since you rolled through on your last Midwest tour!

-Jared

Did you see any of us at the park during your shift?

The next day of TPR's North East Trip has been posted! Click this link: http://themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=273&linkid=10875

Palace Playland in Old Orchard Beach & Funtown Splashtown! Check out five pages of photos and four new TPR Videos!

TPR had an awesome visit to Maine! Go read the report and them...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by ernierocker

Thanks for the report, Robb. My wife and I honestly need to hit you up on one of these tours. Stupid work.

I wish there were more parks like this in the South. Lake Winnie is great, but I could use about 4 more of them within a few hours drive.