TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's North East USA Tour Official Report!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the video from the local news...how cool is that?

I had a feeling when they were building this coaster that is was going to surprise a lot of people. I have got to get to this park (and back to Lake Compounce) in the next year or two to ride WW!

Wow-

I'm not even an airtime fan and Wooden Warrior looks -out freakin' standing- all over. That thing is -crazy- with awesomensss all over- and in EVERY way possible.

And I do belive this segment of the NE tour has the requisite Domo quantities in it.

It's great to hear that Wooden Warrior is doing so well. Quassy looks like such a nice small park and hopefully WW can help put them on the map. I'm a little bummed they took out the Mouse, as I've wanted to ride a Monster Mouse model for a while, but those water play areas are great fun and will probably attract more families than the mouse could.

It's great to hear that Wooden Warrior is doing so well. Quassy looks like such a nice small park and hopefully WW can help put them on the map. I'm a little bummed they took out the Mouse, as I've wanted to ride a Monster Mouse model for a while, but those water play areas are great fun and will probably attract more families than the mouse could.

Wooden Warrior is a great little coaster and certainly worth the side trip if you are in the area. However, Quassy will never be a huge "destination" park. It is popular with local families, especially on 50 cent Fridays when you can wait about to 45 minutes to ride Wooden Warrior. The park has a limited amount of land buld and the neighbors are very stringent regarding noise levels.

It's kind of awesome to see what the Gravity Group can do with kiddie coasters. Now that their Timberliners are functioning, meaning their rides are less likely to be rough as all hell in the near future, it's going to be hard for them to do any wrong.

I've finally begun to really appreciate wooden roller coasters recently, and Wooden Warrior looks awesome! The new trains look really comfortable, but I have a question about the restraints? Are they good as well? Because all I can think of when I see them are the awful restraints on Rip Ride Rockit.

Coney Island:

I just saw a documentary on Coney Island a few days ago on PBS (KQED) called "Last Summer at Coney Island". There was concern that Coney Island was going to turn into housing and shopping a few years ago when the owners of Astroland sold to a mall developer. There was a fight by the city, locals, and even the previous owners of Astroland to make sure that Coney Island stayed an amusement area. Well, it looks like it worked and Coney Island ended up turning for the better (not without a fight though). Hopeful Coney Island will continue to entertain for generations to come. Coney Island is definitely on my "must list" whenever I finally visit NYC (which will happen within the next few years).

How does the Cyclone ride experience compare to the Giant Dipper ride experience at Santa Cruz (to anyone who's ridden both)? I know they have completely different layouts but since they both are 1920's beach-side woodies I want to see if there is a general conscience that one is better than the other.

Quassy:

Wooden Warrior looks awesome. Since those Gravity Group coasters (w/ Timberline trains) are starting to pop up more hopefully the West Coast will get a Gravity Group woodie soon

Kudos to getting on the local news (and not being mocked by them).

Wow! Coney Island looks great! I'm really happy that so much work has been put in to restore this classic amusement park! (I really love the look of the Steeplechase ride!)

Wooden Warrior looks amazing too! I'm glad to hear that its so thrilling, It really doesn't look like that!

Keep up the awesome updates and enjoy the trip!

I've finally begun to really appreciate wooden roller coasters recently, and Wooden Warrior looks awesome! The new trains look really comfortable, but I have a question about the restraints? Are they good as well? Because all I can think of when I see them are the awful restraints on Rip Ride Rockit.

Nothing like RRRs restraints. They are very roomy and comfortable, and no matter how tight they are they still somehow fit perfectly on your lap, and you still feel the airtime. Although that may have something to do with the fact that every hill has what i would call solid ejector.

Our next park on the TPR North East USA Tour... Lake Compounce!

We visited Lake Compounce during our 2008 East Coast trip and was BLOWN AWAY at how awesome Boulder Dash was. It had just been recently re-profiled and re-tracked by GCI at that time, and the work they had done was AMAZING!

How did it hold up over the past three years? Read on....

If you want to follow us LIVE during the trip, subscribe to our Facebook and Twitter pages:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

Twitter:

Helllllo TPR! We are at Lake Compounce, home to the AWESOME Boulder Dash!

The entrance to the park just screams "traditional" family park!

Did we mention the Boulder Dash is freaking awesome! Check out this amazing POV video!

Everyone of these hills has serious crazy airtime!

Boulder Dash takes the course so damn fast it's unbelievable...especially at night!

And this triple up might be one of the best elements ever designed on a wooden roller coaster!

There is a reason why this is called a "Mountain Coaster"

The first drop is insane, and then the ride never lets up until the final brakes.

Over the hill and through the woods...

The final drop before the brakes...and it's still hauling A$$!!!

The train races down the first drop and then disappears into the mountain.

Boulder Dash is hard to photograph because it is SO FREAKING FAST!!!!

But if you want something slower paced... There is always the Carousel!

Anyone know where this drop tower came from? I know!

Along with Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce is also home to Wildcat!

Paws up, little Wildcats!

But it's Boulder Dash that is the crown jewel of the park!

"Still one of the best wooden coasters in the world!"

Boulder Dash is vegan approved!

Lake Compounce even has something for the dark ride fans!

Lake Compounce's new hotness.

It's the Zoomerang Boomerang!

Hello Wildcat!

The Potato Patch, imported from Kennywood, offers some of the best in amusement park food!

Oooh! You know you want some!

Lake Compounce started in the 1800s as a "trolly park" and today still retains a classic trolly to pay homage to it's heritage.

Lake Compounce is one of the most historical parks in the USA as it's the oldest continuously operating park in the county!

"I mostly care about Lake Compounce continuously serving me beer during dinner!"

How many TPR members like beer?

Now THIS is an awesome ERT line!

"I have a beer in my mouth!"DRUNK PIERS VIDEO! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!STRONG LANGUAGE!!! IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED - DO NOT WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO!!!

Who will win Caesar or Piers?

Oh, Caesar! I was born this way!

Spears, I'm going to put my finger in my mouth, and then we are going to change shirts. Deal?

Ok, Spears, give me your shirt!

"Spears, is this a T-Shirt or a thong?"

"You know this will be about forty sizes bigger after I'm done with it!"

Paws up, Spears!

UMBRAGE!!!

"Hooooray! I'm all wet!"

Spears is my favourite new vegan!

Caesar always likes to dress his men after sex.

Paws up, little nipple.

How much beer did you guys have???

Time for one of the best wooden coasters in the world!

Even KidTums gets a coaster credit today!

Lake Compounce was awesome enough to open the kiddie coaster for all of us sad and pathetic credit whores!

And now... The highlight of the evening - ERT ON BOULDER DASH!!!

TPR LOVES BOULDER DASH!

This is still a top #5 wooden roller coaster in the world!

Can you see that blur? Yeah, that's Boulder Dash!

Paws up!

The HARDCORE group that made it the entire night! Thank you to Lake Compounce for an AMAZING evening on one of the best coasters in the world!

Thank you to Lake Compounce for an AMAZING evening on one of the best coasters in the world! Now...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by ernierocker

It sure looks like the gang had a great time at Quassy. I wanted to join everyone there but my current family situation would not allow me to get away. I'll have to get that credit at some other time. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the tour and thanks for helping to break in the Wooden Warrior.