TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Bash! Oct. 15th, 2011 - Busch Gardens Tampa

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way, ONLY Cheetah Hunt and Montu?!?!? Is that not enough for you???

I do understand that they are good rides and dont get me wrong, Cheetah Hunt is my favorite, having ERT on the other rides would be fun too.

For one, ERT is very expensive. So when we put together events, we have to think about the best possible combinations of attractions to do. BGT is also a very big park, and it also opens to the public earlier than most other parks (9:00am).

It just simply wouldn't make much sense to have other coasters just due to the geographical location of rides in that park. You would spend a good amount of your ERT time WALKING to rides like SheiKra rather than RIDING. And the whole point of ERT is to have "ride time."

We were also unable to do night ERT just due to the already long day of this event (Howl-O-Scream goes until 1am, sometimes 2am), and when we have a day that long, adding more time in the morning was just too early.

So we decided that if we were having ERT, it HAD to be Cheetah Hunt (duh!), and Montu made the most sense as it's a very popular ride, and close to Cheetah Hunt.

Hope that makes sense.

--Robb

We didnt initially plan on getting the add on for Fright Feast but reading some more about it is making it look more and more worth it. Not only is does it seem like a pretty cool diner show, they also they let guest into the house 30 minuets before they let the general public into the park. That alone is worth it me, get in a few house before it gets packed and save the QQ for later at night when the lines are out the door.

We didnt initially plan on getting the add on for Fright Feast but reading some more about it is making it look more and more worth it. Not only is does it seem like a pretty cool diner show, they also they let guest into the house 30 minuets before they let the general public into the park. That alone is worth it me, get in a few house before it gets packed and save the QQ for later at night when the lines are out the door.

We were able to get three houses done before the general public was let in and then made our way to the back of the park ahead of the crowd. It was definitely worth it just for that.

So we decided that if we were having ERT, it HAD to be Cheetah Hunt (duh!), and Montu made the most sense as it's a very popular ride, and close to Cheetah Hunt.

Hope that makes sense.

--Robb

Oh ok. This is my first TPR event and i never got the concept of the ERT. Thanks for the info Robb, it does make plenty of sense now.

It really is worth it. After following Robb's advise, we literally got about 4 houses done before the park opened to the GP. Plus, they worked as a front of the line pass for about 30 minutes after the parks open, so that helped out a lot! Totally worth the payment and the food!

I know all too well what it is like to not have the front of line passes for HOS and HHN. I have been stuck waiting in 1 - 2 hour long lines for the house but try to plan ahead and beat the crowd and for this price id be crazy not to. I know at Universal the HHN front of line passes cost just about as much as the ticket to get in costs.

If I remember right, you can stay in the park from around 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm if you have a HOS ticket. I remember last year entering the park with a HOS ticket at around 6:00 pm. They give you an armband at the entrance to make sure you are a paid HOS guest. I remember riding Kumba in the front row with no wait, as well as Sheikra and the log flume ride with no wait either.

BTW, the Fright Feast is worth it. You get a great dinner, a show, and 30 minutes access to the houses before the guests are allowed in. I think having Fright Feast and a front of the line HOS pass may be a bit overkill, though. But for $25 for the buffet at Fright Feast? Definitely worth it!

My wife and I's wedding anniversary is the day after the event so its a whole weekend of celebrating for us

She unfortunately wont be able be able to make it to HOS but will be at the event during the day. Someone has to watch the kiddos that night, so being the awesome wife that she is, said she would hangout at the hotel and watch them at night while we got to HOS.

I know that the final schedule hasn't been released yet but I was curious if during the Halloscreams portion of the event will there be any officially organized group activities ( like group access to houses, group rides on coasters, or anything) or will it be just a here is your express pass go have fun on your own kinda of thing. Just curious how the Halloween portion of the event will organized since there hasn't been a TPR Halloween event to date.

Doesn't really matter and I'm sure the event will be awesome regardless, was just curious.

^You won't be "assigned" to a group. Think of it as an opportunity to meet some good people. When I went on TPR's 2006 UK Trip, I didn't know anyone outside of their posts on the boards. But I had no problems finding people to hang out and ride with all during that trip.

We're a pretty welcoming bunch. We don't bite (well, maybe only out of affection).

This is going to be one hell of a Bash!

Hahahaha I think I would try it out. The houses don’t really scare me too much, more startle moments for me than anything else. Not sure though how that one would pan out since they send you out all my your lonesome, maybe be a whole new ball game for me lol. After a few drink though it may just turn into a day in the park with Barney lol.

He wow! Maybe we should put that to the test. From what i have heard, it is a whole different ball game. In regular houses, you are behind a line of people and can see what and where the scares are coming from and can expect it. When you are alone there is no telling where they will come from.

Yep its just you alone with nobody to hide behind or take the attention of the scareactors lol. I read they give each person a whole lot of attention and really immerse you into the house and the story and try to mess with your mind. Then even gave you a secret code word to use if you need to run for the chicken exit lol. Its not cheap if you buy at the gate but in advance it came down to $24 from the original $34. You can always go in as a group and split the cost but then you dont get the free tshirt if you make it thru alone.

Hey guys,

The private message function is perfect if you guys want to have a private one-on-one conversation.

Otherwise, let's try and keep this thread uncluttered so people that need to find information about the event can find it easier.