TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Goliath Helix at SFMM the most intense ever

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goliath's sin't as bad as some .. but it holds it a bit longer than most do.

Titan's was alot stronger before the midcourse was turned up, as well as Shockwave, Mindbender (West Edmonton) and Superman: Ultimate Flight. Those only hold the G's for a second or even less.

^ Actually, Nitro's helix is pretty intense, though not up to Goliath standards.

I asked this on another helix thread, actually: Who really, really enjoys intense-G helices? I mean, I've learned to endure 'em, but to me, the best part (especially on Goliath) is the release of coming out of them...

Goliath is very intense, as are the helices on the Beasts, but the only lateral G that ever made me black out was on Kumba. It didn't happen until my seventh back-to-back ride, and I was moving one row back at a time. I was woken up by the brakes at the end.

I've started to "gray" out from positive G's on a couple of rides outside the US, Douple Loop at Fuji-Q did it to me three different times, for example.

Chris B

^ When I rode S:UF, I was prepared for really heavy Gs in the loop, but I found it nothing much, really, and over in a second. Certainly not up to Goliath. Actually, the most sustained, grueling Gs I've ever experienced on a ride was on Mission:Space.

^ When I rode S:UF, I was prepared for really heavy Gs in the loop, but I found it nothing much, really, and over in a second. Certainly not up to Goliath. Actually, the most sustained, grueling Gs I've ever experienced on a ride was on Mission:Space.

Yeah Mission: Space is pretty intense due to the length of the G forces. For me the most insane is the Superman: Ultimate Flight in the back row. That pretzel section was intense.