TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the world ARE Robb & Elissa?

Well I was way off. Here are some pictures from my "Find Robb and Elissa" adventure.

(Seriously, we have been planning to go to Hershey for weeks)

re_pic1.jpg.b2dceb3ac3a9aecea4e9080339df292a.jpg

OK. I only had the clues since Idlewild before I left, so I started checking the PA Turnpike. Stopped at the Roy Rogers past Sommerset, but no Robb and Elissa to be found anywhere.

re_pic7.jpg.bbe3ed035883bb08a4ef0c1c51c2c477.jpg

In the end, we didn't find them, but we did find Duke and Eb!

re_pic6.jpg.22e32f600651a55de2ea07a09bfbe319.jpg

Rodents! Now, I have to be close.

"Hey Mr. Rodent! HAve you seen Robb and Elissa?"

re_pic5.jpg.a9cb06db35bd9486c7c99c8481f57cff.jpg

Upon our arrival at "Chocolate World", we found a nice little deli to eat at. It was here that I found my best clue.

re_pic4.jpg.92e4395603c3712f2a180a2eb1d3e9e9.jpg

Catrina informed me that the restroom here actually had a double crapper in it. Since I figured that Elissa probably took the picture. It had to be it ... right?

re_pic3.jpg.2c917a77fb542d855cc0519c4648542e.jpg

I was certain that it was the arcade picture was from one of the rest areas. Shows how far I was off.

re_pic2.jpg.d4684095925f26150f6e8d66cd04860d.jpg

Damn! $46.69!

BTW, this has nothing to do with the search.

Edited by CoasterFanatic

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Wow, I have no idea how you can do that! We rode it once right when the park opened, and it was ok, then the 2nd time it beat us up! Honestly, I didn't think it was quite as bad as some people made it out to be, but there is no way I could ever ride it again!

--Robb "You must have a head made of steel!" Alvey

^ Wow, I have no idea how you can do that! We rode it once right when the park opened, and it was ok, then the 2nd time it beat us up! Honestly, I didn't think it was quite as bad as some people made it out to be, but there is no way I could ever ride it again!

I know a few tricks to make it smoother. What time did u leave the park today? Also the reason why i rode it so many times in a row was i was a single and my friend that is a ride op supervisor let me.

And I was smart enough to not ride and watch.

I told you it wasn't worth it.

No one listens to me anymore

What time did u leave the park today?

We left about an hour after opening. Got there about 9:30, park opened promtly at 10am, and we were done by 10:55! We wandered around, took a few more photos, and then headed out! It's one of those parks where you just can't spend a whole day there, or even a half. There's just not enough to do, especially if you get everything done early!

I'm glad we rode Twister II last night because they were only running one train (why?!?!) and even if we wanted to ride it again, we wouldn't have waited in line.

Half Pipe was awesome! Much better than I had expected. And the fact that they let me take my video camera on it made it that much better!

Overall, it's a nice little park, it just really lacks anything interesting to do, other than Half Pipe!

--Robb "One only has to visit Elitch Gardens to see that Astroworld is NOT the bastard child of the Six Flags chain!" Alvey

^ Personally, I really like Astroworld! It's got the two Schwarzkopf's, XLR8 backwards was fun, and the woodie was running really good last year! And they have one of the bigger Intamin drop towers, a spinning raft ride, and Swat (Which I didn't ride there, but I really liked the one at Thorpe)

--Robb

I have said it time and time again... Elitches is the red headed step child of the chain... No doubt in my mind. We have 1 unique coaster... Almost everything is poorly maintained...

Seriously Robb what did you think of the Boomerang... Last time I was on it the thing beat the crap out of me.

BTW when do you think we will be able to find a photo update? Oh and if you ever come to Denver again please post the time... Heck maybe make it like guess the location in the park to meet or something... I still need an excuse to go to Lakeside... No friends want to go

^ Personally, I really like Astroworld! It's got the two Schwarzkopf's, XLR8 backwards was fun, and the woodie was running really good last year! And they have one of the bigger Intamin drop towers, a spinning raft ride, and Swat (Which I didn't ride there, but I really liked the one at Thorpe)

... but apart from the decent assortment of rids the park blows for service, cleanliness and other things

I have said it time and time again... Elitches is the red headed step child of the chain... No doubt in my mind. We have 1 unique coaster... Almost everything is poorly maintained...

I"M SORRY BUT I DISAGREE. Everything is Maintained very good. Yes there are a ton of break downs but who care. They are machines that break down. Now please tell me why you think everything is poorly maintained in that park.

I"M SORRY BUT I DISAGREE. Everything is Maintained very good. Yes there are a ton of break downs but who care. They are machines that break down. Now please tell me why you think everything is poorly maintained in that park.

Well personally I believe it because almost every ride bumps in the most incredible way. Sure most of the flats are good but honestly I have never ridden another SLC that felt quite as bad as our Mid Eraser... Now I don't have near as much experience as Robb but it is still pretty bad. I also think the boomerang is pretty damn bad...

Of course we do have halfpipe and that is awesome but well by the end of last season it was bumping through the bottom of the pipe while initially it was smooth as anything. Has that changed this season?

Don't think I am complaining about the whole park... I like the place. I just wish that the coasters were more comfortable. Oh and personally I find Flying Coaster fine... (shrugs)

Well personally I believe it because almost every ride bumps in the most incredible way. Sure most of the flats are good but honestly I have never ridden another SLC that felt quite as bad as our Mid Eraser... Now I don't have near as much experience as Robb but it is still pretty bad. I also think the boomerang is pretty damn bad...

Of course we do have halfpipe and that is awesome but well by the end of last season it was bumping through the bottom of the pipe while initially it was smooth as anything. Has that changed this season?

Don't think I am complaining about the whole park... I like the place. I just wish that the coasters were more comfortable. Oh and personally I find Flying Coaster fine... (shrugs)

They had some issues with the half pipe @ the end of season last year. Which is why the train was removed 2 weeks before end of season. As for the SLC being rough. It is. I don't remmeber what the tech siad when did the job shadow last year. Far as the bumps on the other rides i think that's normal. Sorry if i started anything / pissed anyone off but I dislike hearing people bad mouth the Maintaince Team when they work long hours to keep these machines going.

Jeff wannabe ride techie someday

flyer23.jpg.b4bf5429cf4e87eeeaaf78f0dfce51bb.jpg

I actually thought the Boomerang was one of the better ones we've been on. Although I can't say the same about the SLC! That was up there as far as one of the roughest goes. The Arrow shuttle was fun, but you know, it's an Arrow shuttle!

I will say that the park was doing an excellent job of dispatching and operations today. Other than Twister II that was only running one train (but it was running two last night) the employees were doing a really good job.

I never said the park was bad, I just said there wasn't much there for us to do. IMO, there isn't any ride that we would want to ride again, except for Half Pipe, and even then after we got in all the credits and went back to it, there was about a 20 minute wait, and we wouldn't wait for it. Had there been no line at all, we would have ridden.

The only reason we rode the Flying Coaster a 2nd time is because there was NO LINE at all, and we couldn't believe that our 1st ride didn't live up to what we had heard (one of the roughest rides ever!) although our 2nd ride did!

I have no idea of any maintenance problems as all the rides seemed to be running just fine yesterday and today. I just wish they had a better selection of rides other than 4 clones and a rough woodie! And like I said, I'm glad they had the Half Pipe because that made up for it!

--Robb

Yeah really I don't really have any real problem with the park but it just seems sad that everything but the Twister 2 is a clone...

BTW Robb what rides did you guys hit at WaterWorld? Think you might do another trip for it I only got to go a few weeks ago and I loved Revolution and all the old rides were running about as well as I remember. Didn't get to try out Pharoh though and some of the rides on the hill above Thunder Bay were closed...

Water World was GREAT!!! The 4-person toilet bowl ride was a LOT of fun! We rode with two other people and got some great speed going through there. I didn't find it as insane as the Tornado slides, but it was nice to see those cloverleaf tubes being put to another use. Still, it was a heck of a lot of fun!

The 2 'dark ride' family raft rides kicked ass! The only way to really describe it was like a family raft ride going through Knott's Log Flume. They were both REALLY well themed and they had some really cool fast parts, especially the beginning of Voyage To The Center Of The Earth!

THere is also a video of this ride here:

http://www.waterworldcolorado.com/pages/voyage2.html

The rest of the park was just 'neat' as they had a good amount of normal tube slides, but they also seemed to have a slightly 'updated' version of the Schlitterbahn tube chutes which we would call "Family Tube Chutes" as you rode in 2 or 4 man boats and they went through what looked like a traditional tube chute, but much faster.

We really liked Water World and the Winter Park alpine slide. Those were our two favorite Denver attractions.

--Robb "This trip wasn't just about parks with coasters!" Alvey