TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

LONG Time lurker here (Approx 5 years)

I feel the need to share my story here, I have been a lurker for many years, looking at the pictures you guys post and watching the videos and wishing "I could do that"

See, 3 years ago I weighed 560 Pounds and could not walk round a theme park, never mind fit onto a ride, (Pictures here as proof, http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/pictures/)

so the closest I ever came was Roller Coaster Tycoon.

That is , until this weekend, in the last 3 years I have taken up cycling and lost over 350 Pounds, I now weigh under 200 pounds, I didnt have any form of surgery, it was all down to better diet and cycling, now im not here for self promotion, but I needed to say that to give you the back ground.

So this weekend I cycled 100km (65 miles) for a Charity that helps people with Cancer, the ride was from Manchester to Blackpool (UK) I rode there in a little over 3 hours.

Once in Blackpool there was only one thing I was ever gonna do and that was ride them darn Roller Coasters, I started on the Big Dipper, it was my first ever Roller Coster and (thanks to comments here) I sat in the very brack row, to get the best ride experience , I would say I "Loved it" but TBH i was EVEN Better than that !

Next up was the Iron-Bru Revoltion, for my second ever Roller Coaster ride, WOW it just got better, I was pretty nervy and having just rode 65 miles my legs were tired by the time I'd got to the top LOL but WHAT A ride.

Over the next 4 hours I rode every single Rollercoaster there and you know what ? IM TOTALLY HOOKED, I just to look at Trip Reports here and think "I wish, but it will never happen" now I'm looking at them saying "I cant wait to make it happen"

TPR Helped me realise a dream and TPR will help me take this forwards now and I felt it only right to register and thank Rob et el for this amazing place, without it, I might not have had the same "Lust"

Cant wait to post my own Trip Report now

(PS Sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Gaz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story! That's truly impressive, and I'm glad you were so successful. Hopefully there are many more coasters in your future, and I'll be looking forward to TR's from your journeys. Thanks for posting!

gertrudeCongrats.jpg.f37284ef75bc949d26eeefe8830e00ba.jpg

Gertrude congratulates you!

That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations on setting a goal and achieving it! Looking forward to your trip reports. Since you now have the coaster bug, you should try one of the trips that Robb and Elissa put on. You will have the time of your life.

Holy crap man, that's incredible! Most people take the easy way out with surgery/lipo, but you've proven that it's possible with hard work and determination.

You remind me of Jared from Subway, but I heard he's a prick in real life so I wouldn't want to compared anyone to him.

But yeah, wow.. awesome job!!

That is truly fantastic and congratulations! You have now opened up a wonderful new world full of incredible and exciting rides you can go on, not to mention better health too. OMG you are going to have so much fun! What a truly wonderful and inspiring story, just great!

Reading this just totally put a smile on my face

WOW, you look fantastic and I bet you feel better too!

That is truly fantastic and congratulations! You have now opened up a wonderful new world full of incredible and exciting rides you can go on, not to mention better health too. OMG you are going to have so much fun! What a truly wonderful and inspiring story, just great!

Reading this just totally put a smile on my face

WOW, you look fantastic and I bet you feel better too!

Thanks

I can't put into words just how much better I do feel these days

Gaz

This is an awesome thread.

I started a similar journey last year, but don't have anywhere the commitment that you have. It's to be commended.

I've been seriously struggling with motivation the past week or so even though I have a 1/2 Marathon coming up in September. This thread has totally given me the motivation I need. Thank you so much!!!

Continued support on your journey and your new-found coaster hobby!!!!

Congrats on your amazing success.

Keep up the great work!

And don't wait just for a TPR UK Tour to happen!

In the fall, TPR will announce next year's tours,

so start saving up and join the crazy bunch, sooner!

You won't regret it.

Any TPR Tour (IMhO) is an awesome tour!

Congrats on your amazing success.

Keep up the great work!

And don't wait just for a TPR UK Tour to happen!

In the fall, TPR will announce next year's tours,

so start saving up and join the crazy bunch, sooner!

You won't regret it.

Any TPR Tour (IMhO) is an awesome tour!

I'm unlikely to be able to afford a us tour even tho I'd lov to vist the USA more than anywhere else tbh

They always offer at least one or two TPR USA Tours

every year, so soon, soon for you to be on one.

And even so, I myself haven't done any of their USA Tours,

and do want to do one or three, eventually.

They always offer at least one or two TPR USA Tours

every year, so soon, soon for you to be on one.

And even so, I myself haven't done any of their USA Tours,

and do want to do one or three, eventually.

I'll be honest - if I could afford it- I'd be on the very next one without even thinking about it !