TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Double Loop

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Double_Loop_coaster_car.jpg/300px-Double_Loop_coaster_car.jpg

It's a coaster car from The Double Loop. It looks like it is on display or something. Can anyone confirm where this might be at? I came across the photo randomly and have been wondering about it.

**Note: I didn't know where else to post this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Oooh! That could totally be it!

Are you sure this is the real thing and not one of those works of art made out of candy? Perhaps there was a Food Network "Challenge" where the chefs had to re-create a defunct roller coaster car made out of sausage, gravy, and icing?

I don't know about that car, but the rest of them are sitting in Mean Streak's infield.

There were two stacked on top of each other in this picture.

And while riding, I remember seeing at least another pair stacked in the same fashion on the other side of the building. There might have been two pair, but I honestly don't remember.

I rode DL on its last season and I'll admit it was one of the smoother Arrow's I had been on. Unfortunately it couldn't be relocated cause the track was welded together as opposed to being bolted.

Not to mention it had a tunnel before the lift and that instantly screams quality

^Arrow welded all of their coasters up until a certain point...and coasters have been relocated successfully despite the fact.

-Canobie's has been moved twice, Knott's went to Idaho.

-Opryland's mine train made it to Great Escape unscathed-same as the 2nd River King Mine Train to Dollywood and Magic Springs.

-Ninja at SFStL came from Vancouver.

Mostly it was the smaller types, but it's been done.

If you look, you can see there are no bolts.

If that breaks your heart, than this will as well...

Ugh you are so right...

Diggers should NOT be painted that color!!!! They are supposed to be YELLOW... YELLOW I TELL YOU!!! Not "aqua-marine" or whatever that hideous color is!

Why did you have to post that image?!?!?