TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster in the snow

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in one of the entries for the video contest it looked like a scenic railway was running in the snow. I think it was collins video, its the video were they are playing the drums and it is snowing. Then later in the video, it looks like a womens jacket covered in snow.

I think it was collins coaster season 2004.

I believe it is still on the site

Me being James..

Yes I have been at SFNE MANY times when it snows... Go around sfne.com and read peoples trip reports for late OCT MOST will have reports with snow in it... Nothing like rideing SROS with snow... Or seeing flashback (boomer) valleyed at night when its like 30*s out.. the park was giveing the riders free hot cocoa :o

also in 03 Canobie Lake pushed back its opening weekend by 2 weeks because we got a 2 foot snow storm and they wouldnt have time to move it all....

and Santas Village in NH IS open in Dec with lots of snow everywhere... and the rides are open.

The Big One in February, about 9degrees celcius, going up 200ft with chilling winds and a snow storm setting in.... Lovely Embarassed

Oh man, that was a great coasterforce trip, bit cold though, and yes, snowy during the evening! Looked amazing with all the lights from inside the Big One station, yey!

Blackpool Pleasure Beach doesn't close in Snow.

The Big One in February, about 9degrees celcius, going up 200ft with chilling winds and a snow storm setting in.... Lovely

9*C ? it's impossible to snow in 9* ....max. 2*C

Many Japanese parks are open year round. I know Fuji-Q operates during the winter for one. They tend to close Fujiyama and Dodonpa in a stiff breeze though, so I don't know if they would run those in snow, but just about everything else should be running.

108 mph in below freezing temps? Doesn't sound fun to me anyways!

Chris B

Many Japanese parks are open year round. I know Fuji-Q operates during the winter for one. They tend to close Fujiyama and Dodonpa in a stiff breeze though, so I don't know if they would run those in snow, but just about everything else should be running.

108 mph in below freezing temps? Doesn't sound fun to me anyways!

Chris B

I hear ya! When I was working in Osaka in 2001, I visited ExpoLand, Festivalgate, Kobe Portopialand, Ikoma Skyland, and Nagashima Spa Land, all in January and February.

I remember it being SO cold at Expoland you could see your breath, and all of the fountains were frozen. There was snow on the ground but none falling that day. And riding Orochi (the B&M Raptor Clone) in 20 degrees is NOT fun!!

John "Brrrrrrrrrrrrr"

SFOT doesn't close until January and it's been known to snow during the operations of Holiday in the Park.

I've ridden the Mine Train and Titan in the snow .. not too enjoyable.

Also SDC is open til January, but they start closing coaster after it gets below 35 degrees.

I've been to a few parks and ridden coasters in the snow, but the ones that stick out in my mind are SFGAm this year, CP, SFNE in 2000 during Supermania, and Lake Compounce which was also in 2000.

My favorite ride in the snow is probably Millennium Force... Freeze your ass off then run across the midway and warm up with a nice cold beer... or twelve.

Earlier this year I rode the Pepsi Max Big One in the snow with a few of the people on the earlier pages.

But that was nothing compared to the snow at Tivoli Gardens last December. Managed to get on all the coasters in some sort of snow. Funniest one was Odin Expressen, where the snow picked up and we did about 5 laps and I came off looking like snowman!