TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR CHALLENGE: Peabody's Leafy Lake

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here it is. I'm probably going to be completely squashed by insane scenery, but oh well. It was fun, and I was wildly successful! I didn't even use my free land! Another funny thing is that my saved game file happens to be saved on the date of my birthday (March 15th)! Anyway, here's a look at the park...

-

Stats for the coasters (in order of construction date):

SpellCaster

E - 8.27 (Very High)

I - 5.52 (High)

N - 3.12 (Medium)

Excalibur

E - 8.54 (Very High)

I - 8.34 (Very High)

N - 5.17 (High)

Lancelot

E - 9.04 (Very High)

I - 9.48 (Very High)

N - 5.68 (High)

Whaler's Catch

E - 2.44 (Low)

I - 1.66 (Low)

N - 0.71 (Low)

Gauntlet (v2.0)

E - 4.67 (Medium)

I - 3.89 (Medium)

N - 1.56 (Low)

Onager

E - 7.61 (High)

I - 8.46 (Very High)

N - 4.71 (Medium)

-

Pictures are below if you're lazy. If not, download HERE!

SCR1.jpg.d9ce2a186ab2af25cc2f07828a8509c1.jpg

"Feudal Land" overview.

SCR4.jpg.bb6fbcddb4df0f7f5a54cd255c206ce8.jpg

New entrance area. It's quite crowded with the midway feel (a staple at most of my RCT2 parks).

SCR2.jpg.31137533576ec8dea54fbb26ed29281b.jpg

Excalibur was the first major roller coaster to be constructed. The ride uses Gauntlet's original facade with expansions. (This ride was one of the hardest rides I have ever designed.) The only land I purchased was for the dog-leg out-and-back part, and CCI did their magic with a tight space.

SCR3.jpg.cf768db14fb7463d0f3acca773bcb77e.jpg

This CCI creation consists of very few banked turns and an unique surprise before the lift. This ride was what solely got me out of debt. It is a star attraction even to this day.

SCR5.jpg.caba26e693b4355b2a902687b025f7de.jpg

Later on however, (after leaving the game running for a while) I had raked in about $100,000. The park was booming. I was ready for something absolutely huge on wild terrain. This gave birth to Lancelot, a colossal GCI woodie.

SCR7.jpg.17d2d22b0943737c7eeb8025780d3b51.jpg

(The Renegade drop wasn't actually on purpose this time. I had to redesign this ride about 5 times at various points in the track, namely the first drop so that the train could clear the turnaround. Quite the challenge, since I could no longer buy any more land in the forward direction. I had to find out a way to make the ride go faster with no extra room for a bigger drop and a same sized drop due to the lift.)

SCR8.jpg.83fb77c1e4e3d00bb82a0a9e6c9e85af.jpg

The end of this ride is quite the finale, which includes many helices, including a near triple helix.

SCR6.jpg.dbeafe9cfe4c075b1e019969e550baf5.jpg

With separate load/unload stations, capacity increases. Empty trains make for fast loads due to lack of unloading process and the fact that they wait right outside the loading station for the next train to clear. At the time of the picture, the queue had 156 guests ready to embark on a wild ride.

SCR9.jpg.db8e04247b073ae11a25ce63781a38b5.jpg

The Meisho Jet Coaster, "Whaler's Catch", is a fan-favorite among the little ones.

SCR10.jpg.85bb3e63a4d75acc2e1d1b37429b9752.jpg

In 2005, coaster enthusiasts were still bitter about Gauntlet's removal from the park in the 80's. To compensate, the park purchased a spare Greezed Lightnin' model from Six Flags and recolored it. The name remains "Gauntlet" to retain the nostalgia. The ride is perfect for the upcoming younger thrill seekers.

SCR11.jpg.3193a24ab71101585ddb0df386f00dfb.jpg

Feudal Land's newest addition is Onager, a compact B&M stand-up creation that ravages through the woods near the recently added Faelon's Forest 500. Surprisingly, the ride wasn't a huge hit, so it always has a rather short queue time, even for a quality ride!

Wooden coasters are great for good excitement ratings. I always construct them to get good profit.

I honestly don't know why Excalibur was so popular (maybe it was a good design with excitement that exceeded intensity), but it was. I mean, that ride coupled with SpellCaster reaped in profits. It also had a decently good blocking system that kept trains coming into the station. Make sure your rides have good block systems or a big station for many trains. The more trains, the more capacity, which shoots up your profit because the ride will gobble up people.

Right now, Lancelot has Excalibur beat in popularity, but Excalibur is still raking in some nice cash. Lancelot on the other hand is reaping money in. Huge investments (that ride probably costed $130,000 counting the land purchase) really pay off when done well. However, make sure you save before you build any coaster, because things can go sour even when they are designed to be great. I had a close call with Lancelot's first drop...turns out that twisting it twice gave it space for more drop room, thus giving it more speed. I literally had to squeeze in more drop into a space that couldn't expand. It was quite hard. If I had not been able to do that, I would have to load my last save and start over.

Here's mine. I tried to go outside of Castle themeing but staying within medieval, replacing all but the entry way's and the Beemer's (which I rebuilt, inspired by Neuschwanstein Castle) castles with a village (Shuttle Loop), forest (GCI), and a not hugely themed, but green garden (flats and the log flume).

Hope you all like it!

www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2321

IT A LAKEII.BMP

IT A LAKEIII.BMP

Overview.png.61c2235ac1bf4885042bb14f05d3d128.png

Overview

MAKE CLICKINGS!

Alright! I have successfully re-played the scenario. I have recycled two of the rides from my last play through, and they are both approximately where they were when they were first conceived. I added a hypercoaster to the left leg of the park, and another woodie to the right leg. Down the center is an abundance of rides for all to enjoy, and scattered about are the gentle rides that everyone ELSE can enjoy. Scott\'s Peabody\'s Leafy Lake in Game ExchangeThis, forever shall be considered my submission to the challenge.

683859425_Throughthetrees.png.8d86df51a4ee4eb78b62a17a46ab73a7.png

I recycled Through The Trees

Gladiator.png.bf47505c0fa7062ba7805e56f7a62435.png

As well as Gladiator

1015960513_GladiatorJavelinFlyingPurplePeopleEater.png.d91b5442fd6582106507fc7ed64ae836.png

Gladiator and its neighbors.

Lancelot.png.b8a451da7895302d939ef6eeb7b0b46b.png

The out and back woodie on the opposite side.

Achiles.png.a171867cc7b368c3910f9a928f04bb98.png

And Achiles! There are a bunch of other rides everywhere, see for yourself! *EDIT* Whoops, just realised I neglected to theme the station. This ride was literally last minute, though, so my fault.

I'm already disqualified as I just hit year 8 (just found out CPM wanted it by year 7) but I'll post a few pics anyway. This is probably the best RCT2 park I've made, which isn't saying much.

I've already restarted the scenario once but I don't feel like starting over again. I was too busy trying to expand without depleting my funds which is why it took me this long. I don't like taking loans out unless it's absolutely necessary, especially since the first loan at the start was paid off.

Full-Overview.jpg.f161a6c3f0028802439dace37d1678bc.jpg

Front-Overview.jpg.4ac7e0d6b0b02ff18215b4a5f585ce4f.jpg

Back-Overview.jpg.fb2b05bf239fdcc7334d1bcedbf4d8b2.jpg

The-Abyss.jpg.048fac93358f7d63dc0cabf3b66282ed.jpg

The Abyss, the newest coaster.

Schussboomer.jpg.0d265ae6169971c18883bc94f258bf66.jpg

Schussboomer

Spellcaster-and-Chimaera.jpg.674fd9f474f0529491477fda8389db46.jpg

Chimaera, the Vekoma boomerang, squeezed in between Spellcaster and Renaissance River log flume.

I'm already disqualified as I just hit year 8 (just found out CPM wanted it by year 7) but I'll post a few pics anyway. This is probably the best RCT2 park I've made, which isn't saying much.

I've already restarted the scenario once but I don't feel like starting over again. I was too busy trying to expand without depleting my funds which is why it took me this long. I don't like taking loans out unless it's absolutely necessary, especially since the first loan at the start was paid off.

Wish I was at this level with theming.

Since I am having problems with capturing images in RCT2, I will just post some ride stats (these are not the exact stats, just the general ones off the top of my head)

Black Knight: (B&M Hyper)

Excitment: 10.10 (Extreme)

The Torment: (GCI Wood Twister)

Excitment: 9.15 (Very High)

Rebellion: (B&M Floorless)

Excitment: 9.00 (Very High)

King's Gold Deposit: (Mine Train)

Excitment: 7.00 (High) (This one was kind of rushed, so the rating was lower than I had hoped)

Water Chute (Water Coaster)

Excitment: 3.50 (Meduim) (This is more of a flume ride than a coaster)

Little Torment: (Kiddie Wood Coaster)

Excitment: 1.50 (Low)

Why does land cost so much? It's a nightmare building my flyer that goes over the river.

I'm in Year 2 and have improved Gauntlet and created three crowd-favorite coasters.

Regarding the lake, what does CPM have in mind for developing it? Keep it pristine or have lots of interaction?

You have FOUR days left to get your park in- and I'm looking for the best park to fit the objectives of the game. So far I've been keeping an eye on things, and I'm not sure I have enough entries yet- so keep playing!

Why does land cost so much? It's a nightmare building my flyer that goes over the river.

I'm in Year 2 and have improved Gauntlet and created three crowd-favorite coasters.

Regarding the lake, what does CPM have in mind for developing it? Keep it pristine or have lots of interaction?

First question: Because it does. Have you SEEN the land prices in Camelot these days? It's insane!

As for the lake: Remember, I don't own the lake... Only that one small section of it.

Anyone else having a hard time reaching the $12,000 tickets per month goal? Everything else is pretty easy except this while making the park look nice.

That's a strange statement... If you were PLAYING THE CHALLENGE RIGHT you'd be less worried about money... as in: It's not called Pretty Building and Scenery Tycoon. Hint hint hint.

Let's see what you can do with this, folks- as I'm really looking forward to giving away a TPR bag of crap or two!

C.P.M.

Happy birthday to me, and my gift to everyone is my entry!

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2334

The rides are designed to interlock and generate loads of money. If you look at one area however, take a peek at Game of Thrones, a dueling vertical drop coaster with Mobius stations and a jousting segment, built over warring fortresses. It's pictured below.

However there's much more to see, from Raven Hill to River. A download and rate would be appreciated!

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2334_SCR2.BMP

Well Here is my entry, hope I got it in on time!

I really wanted to keep the castle and medieval theming going throughout the entire park, while also utilizing as little land as possible to allow for future expansion. I also kept the castle look as a facade around the entirity of the pathways. Hope to get some votes, and good luck to all other entrants!

SCR18.BMP

SCR19.BMP

SCR20.BMP

GAME EXCHANGE FILE