TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR CHALLENGE: Peabody's Leafy Lake

TPR CHALLENGE: PEABODY'S LEAFY LAKE

SCR73.BMP

Welcome to Peabody's Leafy Lake

Peabody's Leafy Lake Challlenge!

Greetings fellow Park Managers!

I've just returned from a long voyage... back in time. It seems that a friend of mIne, Mr. Peabody, has come up with this time machine called the W.A.B.A.C- and we decided to try it out.

Well, after much noise and some strange effects, we were back in England in 1155- and there we battled against a King for the rights to his land. Using much tact, planning (And a modern Tazer!) we won the battle, and Mr. Peabody granted me the use of his lands for a theme park in the future. I told him I was busy, but I had the pefect list of candidates to do the job FOR me!

Now here's the challenge to it: Mr. Peabody is a naturalist- and loves his Leafy Lake. He doesn't mind the idea of people visiting the park- but had put some strict limits onto the lake's use. in addition: There's a lot of open land that he will allow us to buy- at a price- for future expansion.

THE CHALLENGE:

Build up Peabody's Leafy Lake in a way that is appropriate to the area, keeping in mind the theme is MEDIEVAL. I've already setup two coasters and two tower rides for you- so no complaining. I did have to take out a bit of debt to pay for them, of course, but I'm quite sure you'll be able to pay back the debt as soon as you can.

The GOALS are this:

1.) Pay back ALL of the debt (You can do this EASILY)

2.) Earn $12,000 per month in ticket revenue (I've given you 1/3rd of that right away!)

3.) Use the land wisely- and purchase the land to link the two sections of the park that are NOT linked- there's a huge square of land that you can use for that!

The RESTRICTIONS are this:

1.) Mr. Peabody wants his Leafy Lake preserved for his own use- so most of the lake is NO RIDES ALLOWED. As in: You don't own the land there!

2.) No 'Non-Rideable' rides, please- so no tracketechture, etc. ALL RIDES MUST BE RIDEABLE!

3.) ALL PARK MANAGERS MUST PAY BACK THEIR DEBT. NO EXCEPTIONS THIS TIME! I've been very loose about that- but this time: There's no excuse at ALL for not paying back your debt.

As always: No hacks, trainers or Cheats- I WILL be watching you. And by now, you should know better.

CHEATING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! ANYBODY CAUGHT CHEATING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CHALLENGE, HAVE ALL THEIR POINTS REVOKED, AND THEN WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR PERMANENTLY.

Onto the good stuff!

THE PRIZES!

As always, one general winner will be chosen by everyone who votes- and that lucky winner will get a TPR BAG OF CRAP!!!

In addition: I will be handing out one TPR Bag of Crap myself for the park that I feel best fits what Mr. Peabody and myself are looking for- that is, something that fits the park, looks appropriate, and keeps the charm and scale of the park in mind.

And... the more people that enter, the merrier- so I'm throwing out this too: If I get 20 entries, I'll add a THIRD Bag of Crap to the runner up of the voting contest!

PLUS...

EVERYONE WHO ENTERS GETS A 100 POINT BONUS IN THEIR TPR GAMES FORUM ACCOUNT!

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO HERE!

So what are you waiting for? You have two weeks- with the contest wrapping up on July 25th 2011 at Midnight, PDT.

Good luck- and happy building,

C.P.M.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I try and open the file I get an invalid data error. Any tips for solving that?

What browser are you using? In some cases, you may have to add .SC6 to the end of the file name to get it to work. There have been issues with this in the past, especially when people are using different browsers.

If that's not the problem, e-mail me the error at QueerRudie@themeparkreview.com

Thanks,

R.D.

Putting Spellcaster under a preservation order?

What's going to happen when the reliability eventually goes by the wayside, CPM?

I immediately repaid my loan and I'm now sitting in May of Year 2 with ~$8,000 in ride tickets...

The goal is to pay back the loan, and make 12,000.00 a month- if you turn in a park that's not too full, people will see that- and not VOTE for it-

BTW, Accelerate- You still haven't answered your PM from me re the last contest. Please do so. NOW.

I think I'd like to see what you do with the park in the timespan of six years. Mind you, you may buy up land, and work with the park as you see it- but I'd like to see how you expand the park, build out, and most importantly- how HAPPY you keep your guests.

That would mean that you can turn your park in anytime after you've repaid the debt, but to a year max of March, Year 7. Any time after that won't be allowed.

C.P.M.

I think I'd like to see what you do with the park in the timespan of six years. Mind you, you may buy up land, and work with the park as you see it- but I'd like to see how you expand the park, build out, and most importantly- how HAPPY you keep your guests.

That would mean that you can turn your park in anytime after you've repaid the debt, but to a year max of March, Year 7. Any time after that won't be allowed.

C.P.M.

Wish I knew that beforehand =(

I kind of just stopped playing after winning the objective.

CPM, might I continue playing it and upload an updated admission?

I might look totally dumb here since it's my first challenge ever in RCT2 =P

Edited by scottian

And...another question...

Does this have to be turned in right when you complete the objective or can you keep going until the deadline? I haven't reached the objective yet (but I'm pretty close), and I'm wondering if I should lower ride ticket costs so I can keep building.

Sorry if this was in there too...I didn't see it. But I guess I didn't see the deadline either.

C.P.M.

So, the theme is Medeval? Can that be tweaked at all? Like with the mine shaft theming?

As you can tell, I've designed the park around the castles that were native to that part of the land. I've not put a restriction on using other theme elements... but I'd like to see people keep it close to the original thermes...

So, to answer your question, yes, you can use the theme elements provided. However, remember that I will be looking for the park that's closest to what Mr. Peabody wants his park land to look like, too...