TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planned but Cancelled

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was so many stuff rumored for the park, including like even some Giovanolas (maybe Titan before it was given to SFOT?).

Interesting thread! Would love to see some layouts, etc that never came to be!

There was also the Shockwave rumor from SFGAM going to SFFT before the rumor of it going to SFNO.

I really hope the Rattler gets the NTAG treatment, no other wooden coaster deserves it more than the Rattler!!!

How about the Euro flighter that was planned for Kings Island in 2005, but was scraped for Italian Job?

From my understanding that wasn't "planned" but was on a concept survey with Italian Job. It looks like Italian Job won. Now it was rumored that Mystery Mine was the Addams family concept but the PR of carowinds at the time debunked that.

Not sure as to the validity of it, but I kept hearing about "Tumbleweed" at SFGAm. From what I recall it was a 4D (S&S, I believe). Also read several articles about a Riverview II for the Chicagoland area, and even recall visiting a fully operational website for Fantasia Park (or something of the sort) for Poland, which also never happened.

*Edit*

http://www.park-fantasia.pl/corp/en/index.php

Turbulence at HersheyPark. Thing looked pretty pointless, anyway.

About as pointless as the beloved Zacspin, for the most part. It was essentially the same concept (don't recall if it flipped or not, but according to Green Lantern @ Magic Mountain reviews, it's not a big deal if it doesn't).

I thought the Frequent Faller at Hershey looked great from the concept art. Some time after it got cancelled, I looked back at the concept art and realized the seats faced forward/backward (same as a Zacspin). Originally I had thought the seats face outward, which I think would have made a hell of a ride, especially on the taller/extended model Frequent Faller concepts. Sorry that this one didn't pan out...

Edited by Ed Farmer

I'm a former ride op for Indiana Jones Adventure, at one point before the ride was built, the plan was to not only have the EMV ride running through the show building, but also a looping mine car roller coaster, walkthrough, and parts of the Disneyland Railroad and Jungle Cruise would go through the building making it a giant complex of attractions. Due to budgetary reasons, we only got the EMV ride, which don't get me wrong... is still awesome. Even the electrical circuit boxes backstage at the attraction read "Indiana Jones Expeditions", a reference to what this supercomplex would be called: Indiana Jones and the Lost Expeditions.

Expedition.jpg.6c643f50d5a8eb291d4841765eaf0825.jpg

I wish this concept didn't have to die...

Darien Lake had plans to expand their water park in 1999, but it never happened and speaking of cancelled plans for Darien Lake SplashTown was originally going to be called "Pirates Cove" with a Lazy River Attraction, a FlowRider surfboard ride and a 50-foot-high Mach 6 water slide. The only thing that was built for 2010 SplashTown expansion was the lazy river that was originally planned, the surfboard ride and 50-foot Mach 6 water slide were scrapped, and the Swirl City slides was built instead of said slide and also there were rumors that they were going get rid of the Grizzly Run rapids ride and build the Batman coaster there.

From what I remember hearing, Canada's Wonderland was due to get Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear before the Cedar Fair acquisition. It was going to be back where Behemoth currently is. Thankfully, Cedar Fair put the brakes on that.

Of course, this could all have been wild speculation, so whatever.

From what I remember hearing, Canada's Wonderland was due to get Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear before the Cedar Fair acquisition. It was going to be back where Behemoth currently is. Thankfully, Cedar Fair put the brakes on that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Carowinds.

also there were rumors that they were going get rid of the Grizzly Run rapids ride and build the Batman coaster there.

They should NEVER get rid of grizzly run! That is the best ride in the park hands down!

I "heard" it was carowinds also...and not be enclosed.

Heres a few I can think of

-Wadameer was going to add a wave pool to their waterpark however they put those plans on hold since it was going to extend into the parking lot and they can't afford to lose any of the lot since it fills up.

-Turbo at Conneaut Lake Park Also Golden Adventure which was supposed to be a magic show featuring tigers was cancelled due to peta protests at the park.

-Also a rumor I heard was that Sea World Ohio was planning on adding a coaster before it was sold to Six Flags.

Anybody else remember the Adams Family Dive coasters that were planned for the Paramount parks? There was artwork and everything.
How about the Euro flighter that was planned for Kings Island in 2005, but was scraped for Italian Job?

From my understanding that wasn't "planned" but was on a concept survey with Italian Job. It looks like Italian Job won. Now it was rumored that Mystery Mine was the Addams family concept but the PR of carowinds at the time debunked that.

I "heard" it was carowinds also...and not be enclosed.

Unless I'm mistaken, the FoF at Kings Island was also going to be relocated, so maybe CW would get one and Carowinds was to get the other?

Heres a few I can think of

-Also a rumor I heard was that Sea World Ohio was planning on adding a coaster before it was sold to Six Flags.

They weren't allowed to build Rides/Coasters due to a contract with Geauga Lake/Ohio

Ok I see where that makes sense, I didn't really belive that rumor anyway thought i'd just throw it out there.