TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best coaster ride when raining

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... IDK of to manny rides I've ridden in the rain.

California Screamin' was fun, no line.

Steel Force was fun too, but it got my camera all wet. It didnt start raning till we were on the lift hill.

I'm pretty sure those are the only ones I've been on in the rain.

I went on Air at Alton Towers, England when it was raining pretty hard. I really enjoyed it though especially when I was on my back with rain hitting my face.

I think any water ride is good in the rain because you know your gonna get wet anyway

I don't mind any ride in the rain really it just makes it more fun in my opinion.

I went on Air at Alton Towers, England when it was raining pretty hard. I really enjoyed it though especially when I was on my back with rain hitting my face.

I think any water ride is good in the rain because you know your gonna get wet anyway

I don't mind any ride in the rain really it just makes it more fun in my opinion.

Riding a water ride in the rain: meh, I'd rather do other things.

WORKING a water ride in the rain: crapola, big time! No one is at the park anyway if they've been forecasting rain or it's been raining all night, so the park is totally deserted, and it's not even worth while to open.....all the coasters at SFMM but Batman and only a handful of others are running, and it's generally dismal. Doesn't stop me from liking rainy days, just makes me hope they'll close the park early due to lack of guests and go home!

• 3 months later...

Grabbed about a 30 minutes of continuous RT on Holiday World's The Raven in the rain before lightning forced a temporary shutdown. I'm not sure exactly how much speed was picked up, but it definitely picked up some.

Only section where you really got pelted was the first turn over the lake. Face was stinging pretty good there. I was happy I had on my wrap-around shades. Rest of the ride was reasonably well protected by the trees.

Only significant in the rain experience I've had. Next best thing to night riding...

I rode most of SFA's coasters in pouring rain, that made them all pretty bad, except Two-Face because it was inverted, so the rain didn't hit me.

I rode BBW once, and it was weird. I got on, did the first part, and it wasn't raining. As I ascended the second lift, it started to rain in a dramatic fashion. I absolutely loved the experience of skimming over the water with the rain coming down all around me. My best ride in the rain, and my best ride on BBW.

I rode Millenium Force 12 times straight in the pouring rain in late August, it kills, why - because there was no line.

I was hoping Mean Streak would be better in the rain but it wasn't.

Raptor and Magnum were good in the rain.

Ther best part of torrential rain was that the next day (wed 8/31) the park was deserted even if though the weather is good.

Screw rain, try hail. I rode Loch Ness Monster in a suprise hail storm last April. Boy did that suck.

I've ridden the following in rain:

Superman (SFNE)

Batman (SFNE)

Apollo's Chariot

Big Bad Wolf

Loch Ness Monster

High Roller (Vegas)

And the following in the snow:

Everything at SFNE

Superman Ride of Steel, SFNE or Pepsi max big one. Ouch they hurt, little rain drops feel like rocks. Eventhough that day a few others and I did the big one like 30+ times that day. If there is no queue then i will just walk out the exit and back into the entrance no matter what type of weather it is.

Man, you're all pussies

And once again I post that picture:

Our eyes were closed, the rain was just too much. Hurt like needles, but damn did we feel great after that ride! It was better than any massage I've ever had! Oh, and btw, the ride closed right after we got off