TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best coaster ride when raining

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had some really great rides on Beast and Diamondback in the rain.

Beast due to the fact it's wood, and wood reacts differently to weather than steel.

Diamondback sails through the trim on hill 5 when the pads are wet.

• 1 month later...
All aboard the pain train.

I of course realize that there was nobody on the train and they would never allow anyone to ride this in the rain but could you imagine?

That wasn't even close to making it! Wonder why they would be testing Dragster when it was raining that hard, usually they close most of the rides when it's a light drizzle.

I've ridden Kingda Ka in rain before. When we got to the launch area it started slightly drizzling. I mean very slightly, like you would feel 1 drop every 10 seconds. It picked up a little when the launch was initiated and then about 2 seconds after the on-ride photo it turned into a heavy rain. It definitely hurt, not as bad as you would think rain at 130mph would feel, but not too far off. The worst of it was when you first start to ascend. Just head on into rain. I was in the front row but in the second row of seats so I didn't get the worst of it.

That wasn't even close to making it! Wonder why they would be testing Dragster when it was raining that hard, usually they close most of the rides when it's a light drizzle.

If the system is not launched after so long it powers itself down. By launching a train every so often during weather related downtimes the system is always ready to go.

Pun intended...

Leviathan was awesome in the rain, even though the rain really hurt, it stung your face. But it was incredible with the fog casting over, so you could barely see the bottom of the first drop! Probably rode it 13 times in the rain, and it was awesome.