TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The RCT III games/challenge thread

So I've been thinking...

We've yet to do a 'full scale' RCT III challenge- and I'll admit, my RCT III skills are, to be polite, shitty. I think we need to start considering doing the next TPR Challenge as a RCT III game- something simple, yet playable.

As I'm pretty underdeveloped when it comes to RCT III (I've played it for the past three years- but I'm still not the best person at it), does anybody have a basic scenario to work with- something that could be modified or changed without too much difficulty, and is easily marketable? I was thinking of keeping the CrazyParkManager theme going, but make it something different- perhaps chasing after the long-sought after Vekoma looping coaster of doom, or to make it into a 'Vekoma-Challenge' with only Vekoma rides available to play with. I've got a few 'stashed' rides (Stock-coasters of the Vekoma/TOGO planform) as starter rides, but would like to see some input before going forward with the next challenge in two weeks time or so.

Some other thoughts:

I've been finding that we have a real gem available in the use of TPR's stock characters beyond Prince Desmond and CPM. I was thinking of getting some of the more prominent personalites (Big Mike, Hanno, etc) to let us use their images/personalites as part of future challenges- kind of a through-thought process to keep marketing the exchange as part of TPR's overall personality.

A few examples:

- Big Mikes' Bodacious Beauties challenge: Make voluptious coasters that Big Mike and his Minterns would be proud to call Big Mike Worthy

- Hanno's Photogenic challenge: The rides need to be visually appealing when photographed- so scenery should be a key element of the challenge, as would rides that really 'pop' off the picture plane

- Matt (MCJaco, yes you.) wants you to build the best enclosed ride possible.

- Derek's NCSO scenery challenge: Build a park that the rides are themed as realistically as possible.

I've also begun work on the FASTrack system for September roll-out- this is the next step in the Exchange's benefits system. While the details are still in the development stage (I've been working with a few of my employees on this, but we're also balancing work at the same time) it's starting to come together well. At this point, I've been planning in tiers of structure for different member levels- I.E. Picture our 'own' Frequent Gamer system where you earn points for things- but also can 'earn up' to higher and more impressive things as well. I've built into the system a lot of other future-use areas, including a 'Premium' level of membership (You get points bonuses/different benefits, etc.) that can be added after FASTrack is initiated.

Just some of the things I've been working on- and hoping to get rolling soon.

R.D.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to do a RCT3 Scenario type thing, I'm just really friggin' busy the next two-three weeks.

I almost wonder if we could do contests off the real scenarios in RCT/RCT2/RCT3 occasionally to see what everyone comes up with. I was always a sucker for Leafy Lake.

^ Actually- that's a great idea- and with some 'modifications' to the orginal scenarios (Theming, etc.) we could REALLY get some interesting entries!

(And I understand about the busy part- I've been on the road now for 33 days straight... with no end in sight!)

Lemme take a look-see over a few of the older scenarios and see what could be done to them; a few 'minor' tweaks to them would make for a HUGE carload of fun.

^ Yeah, like make Leafy Lake a medieval themed park. Something simple like that.

This week I'm off to Cleveland for a wedding.....yeah, Cleveland. Woo hoo.

Then on the 15th I'm off to Iowa for my band's first official gig. That's going to keep me pretty tied up the next three weeks as we practice our butts off.

So AJ, it's all on you.

that sort of goes along with something I was thinking about...

A 'Moderators challenge' amongs the Games Forum mods- and the rest of the ASSistants... something done for fun, but as a way of showing the rest of the forum that we're real people too. In some cases. Certain restrictions may apply.

Greetings Professor Falken. It has been a long time since you logged on.

"Chess"

"Checkers"

"Backgammon"

"Tic Tac Toe"

"Eastern European Theater"

"Western European Theater"

"Southeast Asian Offensive"

"Southeast Asian Defensive"

"Pacifc Theater Offensive"

"Pacific Theater Devensive"

"African Peninsual"

"Central American Theater"

"Global Thermonuclear War"

(And guess what I'm going to be making next....)